Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by WAKANDA FOREVER! View Post
    Oh, look who's gonna be a bitch soon
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    GOOD! I hope authorities find and arrest more of these bastards!
    As much as I'd like to think this has taken us beyond a pale that will see us trying to stomp MAGAism out, other arrested "patriots" have wound up within 12% of winning a seat in their state legislatures. I hope that we'll see a mass repudiation of these creatures, but I'm not counting on it.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

I don't think the capital building was designed with those kind of security features in mind. And the ones they did have proved to be inadequate.

There is already a lot of circumstantial evidence that the Capital Police were either deliberately hamstrung by the government, or were in on it to some degree. Offers of additional help days before the riot were turned down. Requests for National Guard troops DURING the riot were denied. Numerous videos of cops opening barricades, taking selfies with rioters, allowing them to leave and even one cop helping a woman down the stairs like she was their GRANDMA. The fact that over the past few weeks, Trump has fired numerous people in the DOD and replaced them with Trump loyalists who are barely, if even, qualified for the jobs they were given. And the fact that this whole thing has been hyped up for WEEKS.
    Yup.... I posted about the Capital Police and the issues with the National Guard a couple of pages ago with link. Rep. Hoyer from Maryland luckily had the Governor of Maryland's phone number and he got hold of him to ask for National Guard Support. Yet there was still some delay getting permission until finally the Secretary of the Army called the governor back.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-08-2021 at 12:30 PM.

Half the country doesn’t see the problem with this. They support it.

BANNED

Video's real dark stuff.

I don't blame the police at all for this.

I will say that Babbitt wasn't the most aggressive of that bunch and the punching-glasses dude in the fur stuff (and seriously why has fur become the fashion choice for white nationalists all-of-a-sudden) was far more aggressive and escalating a figure. So on that level, I think her death was unfair...but again the police had more than good reason to shoot since that lobby was filled with elected officials and they barricaded and they were trying to rush at them.

CEO Arrested in Capitol Riot Calls It ‘Worst Personal Decision of My Life'

The chief executive of a small Chicago area marketing technology firm was arrested after breaching the U.S. Capitol in riots this week, one of multiple executives to have participated.

Bradley Rukstales, CEO of Cogensia, based in Schaumburg, Ill., was placed on a leave of absence as the firm assesses the situation, the company said. Mr. Rukstales was arrested Wednesday for unlawful entry, according to U.S. Capitol police.

In a statement, Mr. Rukstales said he regretted his participation, saying he exercised “extremely poor judgement” in following others into the Capitol, and apologized for the embarrassment caused to his family, colleagues and friends.

“It was the single worst personal decision of my life; I have no excuse for my actions and wish that I could take them back," he said.

On Twitter Thursday evening, the company posted: “Our CEO, Brad Rukstales' participated in the recent Washington DC protests. Those actions were his own and not acting on behalf [of] Cogensia nor do his actions in any way reflect the policies or values of our firm.”

Mr. Rukstales didn't respond to a request for further comment, nor did his company.

A woman identified as a CEO of another small company was also arrested, police said. Marsha Murphy, 50, was arrested for unlawful entry and a curfew violation, according to Washington’s Metropolitan Police Department. Ms. Murphy is listed as the chief executive of Amer-I-CAN Ammo Enterprises on the company’s website; its Oklahoma store sells ammunition and other products, according to its site. Ms. Murphy could not be immediately reached.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Is it so surprising when even after the fact you have people everywhere either finding excuses or refusing to call them what they were : far-right terrorists ?

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    They're mostly quiet about it on social media.

They do still support it, but only a chosen few are still committed openly to the cause to try gaslighting the country that this was the work of Antifa boogeymen.

There's silence from Trump supporters right now.

There's an Eddie Izzard bit about "if God was real, he would have flicked Hitler's head off mid-speech", and Izzard pantomimes Nazis in the crowd reacting in disbelief for a few seconds before shamefully sliding their Nazi armbands off.

Over the next few weeks, as more details of the coup's planning come out and who supported it in words and who in deeds... I think we're going to see support start peeling away from the cult. An attempt was made, and a strongman failing to win an election and then failing to execute a coup... during a pandemic that's going to have its body count hit 400K... you already see domestic terrorists online realizing Trump is leaving them to their own fates...

This thing is coming apart. Biden wanted to heal the country, and these dips***s tried committing a terror attack to overthrow the legislative branch of our government. The expression is, "If you come for the king, you had better not miss."

They came for Congress, had insiders in the Capitol Police aid them, cut off backup via the White House, and even though they had hundreds of targets available to some paramilitary terrorists hidden among the protesters with zip-ties and pistols... they came up empty.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Video's real dark stuff.

I don't blame the police at all for this.

I will say that Babbitt wasn't the most aggressive of that bunch and the punching-glasses dude in the fur stuff (and seriously why has fur become the fashion choice for white nationalists all-of-a-sudden) was far more aggressive and escalating a figure. So on that level, I think her death was unfair...but again the police had more than good reason to shoot since that lobby was filled with elected officials and they barricaded and they were trying to rush at them.
    Nothing about her death was unfair. She is a grown woman, a veteran who at one time took an oath to defend the ideals she was pissing all over that day. She ran into the capital with these people, she was standing there while they broke the glass and tried to rush a room of elected officials to stop them from doing their lawful duty of certifying the rightfully elected president. As a veteran she should have known better. I have no pity for her at all. The thing that is the most upsetting is she engaged in trying to overthrow the government yet she will still get her funeral paid for by the government and a flag, the symbol that she disrespected given to her family.
    Last edited by babyblob; 01-08-2021 at 12:40 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

https://mobile.twitter.com/thejayden...0%2Fframe.html

Yep. Looks like SS. He's on leave. She should've complied etc. Patriot

BANNED

Reality remains the hard drug to end all hard drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    There's an Eddie Izzard bit about "if God was real, he would have flicked Hitler's head off mid-speech", and Izzard pantomimes Nazis in the crowd reacting in disbelief for a few seconds before shamefully sliding their Nazi armbands off.
    I read the historian Ian Kershaw's book on Hitler, and he said that the minute news spread about Hitler's suicide around Germany, it was (and I paraphrase), like a spell had been lifted and people around Germany came to senses. Reality returned.

Trump's defeat in November saw reality resume in some quarters and among some, and now in the coming days you will see it, at the very least we see the GOP party consensus crack and divisions come in, starting a knife fight for 2022 and beyond.

None of this is to say that there's not going to be problems, in fact the risk of escalation is greater than before, because if Capitol Police had been compromised/infiltrated to the extent that you saw a near-overthrow of the Joint-Session and the certification of the election, at the instigation of the lame duck defeated incumbent, what we have now is paranoid season in terms of the law enforcement and so on. I mean it's how African-Americans have felt about the police all this time and now Capitol Dome gets to feel that way all the time but it's not a good way to run government.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Nothing about her death was unfair.
    I know but contrary to all my leftist and quasi-Marxist rants, I am in fact a humanist who feels that death is sad and tragic even to people whose ideals and actions I disagree with completely.

As I said based on that video, Babbit was just a hanger on in that crowd and the punching-glasses guy was the real scumbag.

So on that level, I felt bad because it's not a case of the most visibly malicious figure in the vicinity getting it.

She is a grown woman, a veteran who at one time took an oath to defend the ideals she was pissing all over that day. She ran into the capital with these people, she was standing there while they broke the glass and tried to rush a room of elected officials to stop them from doing their lawful duty of certifying the rightfully elected president. As a veteran she should have known better. I have no pity for her at all. The thing that is the most upsetting is she engaged in trying to overthrow the government yet she will still get her funeral paid for by the government and a flag, the symbol that she disrespected given to her family.
    All of that is true.

As for military funeral and flag...well Oswald was a marine and he didn't get one.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

https://news.yahoo.com/loeffler-conc...233445291.html

Loeffler concedes to Warnock.

https://news.yahoo.com/raffensperger...231745526.html

Terrorists marched at state capitols including GA including a bunch who came for Raffensperger so that they can...ahem "hand deliver" a list of grievances to him. Police intercepted him in time.
    Perdue just conceded to Ossoff, too.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

I know but contrary to all my leftist and quasi-Marxist rants, I am in fact a humanist who feels that death is sad and tragic even to people whose ideals and actions I disagree with completely.

As I said based on that video, Babbit was just a hanger on in that crowd and the punching-glasses guy was the real scumbag.

So on that level, I felt bad because it's not a case of the most visibly malicious figure in the vicinity getting it.
    I will say as a human it is sad to see another human killed like that. To see another person laying on a hard cold floor after being shot. If that was my hardcore Trumper Aunt I would be a mess right now.

What is more sad is that a veteran was brainwashed enough to be there in the first place. Yes she was a hanger on while they broke the glass. She could have turned around and walked away. but I have no doubt that she would have rushed in cheering with the others if they had broken through. Would she have been a hanger on if those in the crowd gotten to and attacked congressmen? We will never know. But her death is not unfair. By being part of that mob she was just as bad as the man breaking the glass.

When she took her oath she vowed to defend this country, with her life if need be. And in some people's sick and twisted mind that is just what she did. That is how far this country has fallen and it will be a very long road to fix that.
    Last edited by babyblob; 01-08-2021 at 01:07 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

I am deeply impressed by how deeply Antifa has gone undercover within the GOP and the MAGA movement.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Perdue just conceded to Ossoff, too.
    At least that's a return to legitimacy to elections. Especially with what happened with PA's state legislature refusing to seat a Dem, and these two tying themselves to Trump, there was a chance for escalation with GA if Loeffler and Perdue didn't concede.

Reality is seeping in further and further.

According to Haberman, it seems Trump gloated about Loeffler and Perdue's defeat claiming it happened because these two, and especially these two, weren't loyal enough.

They didn't even get a lousy T-Shirt.

Kelly Loeffler is such a political failure that she makes Martha McSally look dignified by comparison. Elected as a moderate to cater to suburban women, she ended up losing...twice by tacking further to the right than she started as.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I will say as a human it is sad to see another human killed like that. To see another person laying on a hard cold floor after being shot. If that was my hardcore Trumper Aunt I would be a mess right now.
    And nobody here seriously wishes that.

I mean I don't want to get at the optics...i.e. feeling bad about the death of a white terrorist when people face the whole graveyards of black and brown bodies killed by the police without batting an eye.

But highlighting the disproportionate and hypocritical reactions, doesn't mean that death or sanctity of life doesn't matter to us. It absolutely does and it's not a good thing for Babbitt to die, especially for the guy who shot her and must be feeling all kinds of emotions right now.

What is more sad is that a veteran was brainwashed enough to be there in the first place. Yes she was a hanger on while they broke the glass. She could have turned around and walked away. but I have no doubt that she would have rushed in cheering with the others if they had broken through. Would she have been a hanger on if those in the crowd gotten to and attacked congressmen? We will never know. But her death is not unfair. By being part of that mob she was just as bad as the man breaking the glass.

When she took her oath she vowed to defend this country, with her lifea if need be. And in some people's sick and twisted mind that is just what she did. That is how far this country has fallen and it will be a very long road to fix that.
    She was definitely someone based on what I've read who seemed to want to be part of something, and found purpose in the military and bought into the idea of good guys versus bad guys to the extent that she gave all reason and sense in loyalty to a man, Trump, who didn't give a damn about anyone. For whom the riot at the Capitol was entertainment and who along with his family of jackals listened and partied to music as she died.

What a waste.