PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Been reading on the utter incompetence of Uvalde police department. They'll need to be completely dissolved. How can they stand around at the scene doing nothing while a madman is in there killing children and arresting the parents who want to save them?
    When Authorized Good Guys With Guns Do Nothing. For an hour. And a customs and border patrol team took the killer out?
    Last edited by WAKANDA FOREVER!; 05-26-2022 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WAKANDA FOREVER! View Post
    When Authorized Good Guys With Guns Do Nothing. For an hour. And a customs and border patrol team took the killer out?
    I just came here to vent about the same thing. All it takes is a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with one, right? 150 cops standing around doing fucking nothing but stopping parents willing to risk their lives to go in there and rescue kids and stop this guy. I’m so pissed off.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Soundly “beating” this hypothetical tyrannical government (which as you and others here rightfully point out will more likely than not have the clear edge in the form of a functioning modern military) might not be so much the idea as putting up a considerable enough resistance to make said government rethink whether it’s worth dedicating the effort and resources to cowing their own citizens just to get their “new order” in place.
    The people with this tyranny fantasy (and that’s what it is - a fantasy they want to become real) are the same ones devoted to a (thankfully) incompetent authoritarian who has no respect for the Constitution and the rule of law. So, they want guns in case of tyranny but support the guy most inclined to be a tyrant.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Fox news is in such a state of What to do.

On one hand they love the police. On the other hand they want to push the If a teacher had a gun then it wouldnt matter the police did nothing.

But in the end I am hearing more of the arm the teacher camp because of this,
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    I just came here to vent about the same thing. All it takes is a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with one, right? 150 cops standing around doing fucking nothing but stopping parents willing to risk their lives to go in there and rescue kids and stop this guy. I’m so pissed off.
    I was hearing that the reason the cops eventually went in was because some of the parents wanting to storm the school themselves were armed and were going to do it themselves, cops be damned.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Fox news is in such a state of What to do.

On one hand they love the police. On the other hand they want to push the If a teacher had a gun then it wouldnt matter the police did nothing.

But in the end I am hearing more of the arm the teacher camp because of this,
    Watch the video on this tweet. Fox news offers 50 solutions to this problem and none of them being fun control

https://twitter.com/abughazalehkat/s...Q5j7QO77Q&s=19

I honestly rolled my eyes at the one correspondent that said that decaying Christian values is a root cause of the problem

Watch the video on this tweet. Fox news offers 50 solutions to this problem and none of them being fun control

https://twitter.com/abughazalehkat/s...Q5j7QO77Q&s=19

I honestly rolled my eyes at the one correspondent that said that decaying Christian values is a root cause of the problem
    I have seen a few of these. it all boils down to the same thing. More Guns More Guns. And I love how even though there are tons of cops there their big answer is police police. Oh and God.

Maybe give God a job as a gym teacher and give him a gun?

I will say the alert system is a good idea. Maybe one of their only ones.

They talk about bullet proof glass. But the second the bill comes due they will bitch about money.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

https://twitter.com/meganmmenchaca/s...91557817589761

A mom of two children at Uvalde was put in handcuffs after urging police and law enforcement to enter the school.

Once freed from her cuffs, she jumped the school fence, ran inside and sprinted out with her kids.
    The mother drove 40 minutes to get to the school, and had time to ask the cops to do something, DEMAND the cops do something, get arrested, get released, and jump the fence, run into the school and get her kids out before the cops did ANYTHING.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I have seen a few of these. it all boils down to the same thing. More Guns More Guns. And I love how even though there are tons of cops there their big answer is police police. Oh and God.

They talk about bullet proof glass. But the second the bill comes due they will bitch about money.
    Wanting to militize school personal is one of the dumbest ideas I seen come of this. Teachers are underpaid, underappreciated, and heavily scrutinized and now you want them to be first line of defense for a shooting? Yea no. These people didn't sign up to put their lives on the line. Adding more unreasonable expectations to the plate is not going to make anyone want the job

Teachers already have to buy their own supplies. They probably expect them to pay for the glass as well.

Also, as far as I know, bulletproof glass loses its effectiveness over time. Odds are by the time it's needed, it won't be as effective. Also, it would have made no difference in this case, since the shooter was already INSIDE THE BUILDING. Hell, I don't think it would make a difference in any past school shooting, because the shooters were already in the buildings.

Wanting to militize school personal is one of the dumbest ideas I seen come of this. Teachers are underpaid, underappreciated, and heavily scrutinized and now you want them to be first line of defense for a shooting? Yea no. These people didn't sign up to put their lives on the line. Adding more unreasonable expectations to the plate is not going to make anyone want the job
    100 percent agreed. I love how the GOP is throwing this out as the answer. But pretty much every teacher that I have seen interviewed and teachers unions are saying no way! A couple have been in favor of it. But mot of them are surely not.

One of the Talking heads even said make it a requirement for teachers to be trained in firearms before they get their teaching degree. WTF?

Ultimate Member

Been reading on the utter incompetence of Uvalde police department. They'll need to be completely dissolved. How can they stand around at the scene doing nothing while a madman is in there killing children and arresting the parents who want to save them?
    But we need good guys with guns..(sarcasm).

Ultimate Member

Exactly this. Some of the solutions I'm hearing are insane.

Just to be clear, I WILL NEVER ALLOW MY CHILD TO GO TO A SCHOOL WITH ARMED TEACHERS.

I'm sure a lot of parents won't too. The discussion is veering away from common sense into the comical.

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    https://twitter.com/meganmmenchaca/s...91557817589761

The mother drove 40 minutes to get to the school, and had time to ask the cops to do something, DEMAND the cops do something, get arrested, get released, and jump the fence, run into the school and get her kids out before the cops did ANYTHING.
    Wow. She's a gangsta mom!

Extraordinary Member

How can they live with themselves, I wonder? It'll be worse if they did indeed go in to get their own children, but not the others as some witnesses have supposedly reported. But yeah, attacking the parents like that...that department needs to go, every last one of them. I guess the message is that it's useless to wait for the police; they might just decide not to bother.