Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    "**** the poor!"
    Watching television is not an activity.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Pathetic Reasons House GOPers Voted Against Making Juneteenth A Federal Holiday

Fourteen Republicans voted against making June 19 a federal holiday marking the end of slavery. The only surprise here was that ONLY 14 Qpublicans voted against Juneteenth. Meanwhile....

Texas Governor Signs Law To Stop Teachers From Talking About Racism

“The idea is to whitewash American history of any legacy of racism,” said state Democratic Rep. James Talarico. Not talking or not teaching about racism DOESN'T make it's stain on American history go away, Greg. Meanwhile....

Tucker Carlson Guest Says Black People Are A Dozen IQ Points Below White

The “cognitive demands” of some jobs mean “a whole lot of more white people qualify than Black people,” Charles Murray said, pushing white nationalist talking points. *heavy sigh* I have no words. Honestly.

2 Lawmakers Say GOP Colleague Refused To Shake Hand Of Officer Hurt In Capitol Riot

When Rep. Andrew Clyde ran into Michael Fanone, who was beaten by rioters on Jan. 6, he wouldn’t shake his hand, according to two other congressmen. Why DOESN'T that surprise me? Revolting. By the by....

Cop Beaten In Capitol Riot Slams ‘Coward’ GOP Lawmaker Who Refused His Handshake

Merrick Garland: DOJ Will ‘Never Stop Working’ To Protect Voting Rights

The attorney general said the DOJ will fight back as Republican-led state legislatures pass voting restrictions because of Donald Trump’s voter fraud lies. Don't just talk about it, DO IT!

Biden Believes Putin Wants To Save Russia’s Soured Reputation On World Stage

“This is not about trust. This is about self-interest,” Biden said after meeting with the Russian president in Geneva. Somehow, I seriously doubt Putin cares about his country's reputation than he is about his own power.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 06-17-2021 at 01:52 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Pathetic Reasons House GOPers Voted Against Making Juneteenth A Federal Holiday

Fourteen Republicans voted against making June 19 a federal holiday marking the end of slavery. The only surprise here was that ONLY 14 Qpublicans voted against Juneteenth. Meanwhile....

Texas Governor Signs Law To Stop Teachers From Talking About Racism

“The idea is to whitewash American history of any legacy of racism,” said state Democratic Rep. James Talarico. Not talking or not teaching about racism DOESN'T make it's stain on American history go away, Greg. Meanwhile....

Tucker Carlson Guest Says Black People Are A Dozen IQ Points Below White

The “cognitive demands” of some jobs mean “a whole lot of more white people qualify than Black people,” Charles Murray said, pushing white nationalist talking points. *heavy sigh* I have no words. Honestly.

2 Lawmakers Say GOP Colleague Refused To Shake Hand Of Officer Hurt In Capitol Riot

When Rep. Andrew Clyde ran into Michael Fanone, who was beaten by rioters on Jan. 6, he wouldn’t shake his hand, according to two other congressmen. Why DOESN'T that surprise me? Revolting. By the by....

Cop Beaten In Capitol Riot Slams ‘Coward’ GOP Lawmaker Who Refused His Handshake

Merrick Garland: DOJ Will ‘Never Stop Working’ To Protect Voting Rights

The attorney general said the DOJ will fight back as Republican-led state legislatures pass voting restrictions because of Donald Trump’s voter fraud lies. Don't just talk about it, DO IT!

Biden Believes Putin Wants To Save Russia’s Soured Reputation On World Stage

“This is not about trust. This is about self-interest,” Biden said after meeting with the Russian president in Geneva. Somehow, I seriously doubt Putin cares about his country's reputation than he is about his own power.

Author of 'the Bell Curve' is racist. We're very shocked.

I suppose we don't need to tell WBE that Matt Salmon is in the Arizona governor's race. Sorry, WBE!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

My my, MTG, Gohmert, and Boebert voted yes? *checks the window* Don't see any pigs flying. Guess MTG didn't want to do another museum visit.

I spotted my congressman, Tom Tiffany, there. You may want to keep him on your radar.

Also, those comments from the other nay voters. Yeeesh, Rosendale is a special kind of dick idiot.

I voted against a bill that would make Juneteenth National Independence Day a federal holiday. One of 14 Republicans to do so.

This legislation is the culmination of decades of efforts by the Left to prevent unashamed celebrations of our national story, heritage, and history.
    Their intent is to replace the Fourth of July with this new day, one that will inevitably focus on America's darkest moments.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

In secret recording, Florida Republican threatens to send Russian-Ukrainian ‘hit squad’ after rival

MIAMI — A little-known GOP candidate in one of Florida’s most competitive congressional seats was secretly recorded threatening to send “a Russian and Ukrainian hit squad” to a fellow Republican opponent to make her “disappear.”

During a 30-minute call with a conservative activist that was recorded before he became a candidate, William Braddock repeatedly warned the activist to not support GOP candidate Anna Paulina Luna in the Republican primary for a Tampa Bay-area congressional seat because he had access to assassins. The seat is being vacated by Rep. Charlie Crist (D-Fla.), who is running for governor.
    “I really don't want to have to end anybody's life for the good of the people of the United States of America,” Braddock said at one point in the conversation last week, according to the recording exclusively obtained by POLITICO. “That will break my heart. But if it needs to be done, it needs to be done. Luna is a f---ing speed bump in the road. She's a dead squirrel you run over every day when you leave the neighborhood.”

Reached by text message, Braddock refused to say whether he made any threats about Luna to the person who recorded him, Erin Olszewski.
    The story gets weirder after this.

House set to repeal of 2002 Iraq war authorization

WASHINGTON — The House on Thursday is poised to repeal the 2002 war powers resolution that authorized the use of military force in Iraq, a reversal that Democrats have been trying to enact for years.

The White House said earlier this week that it supports the measure, proposed by Rep. Barbara Lee, D-Calif., because “the United States has no ongoing military activities that rely solely on the 2002 AUMF as a domestic legal basis, and repeal of the 2002 AUMF would likely have minimal impact on current military operations.”
    Biden is committed to working with Congress to ensure “that outdated authorizations for the use of military force are replaced with a narrow and specific framework appropriate to ensure that we can continue to protect Americans from terrorist threats,” the White House said.

The repeal of the war powers resolutions from 2002 as well as from 2001, which authorized the U.S.-led invasion into Afghanistan, has come up for debate numerous times through the years, typically when presidents have relied on them for military action. Democrats especially have criticized the Iraq war resolution as a mistake predicated on on false intelligence about the threat of weapons of mass destruction and have said the 2001 resolution has given presidents too much leeway to wage war.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I suppose we don't need to tell WBE that Matt Salmon is in the Arizona governor's race. Sorry, WBE!
    That's a name I haven't profiled since November of 2016. *grabs bottle*

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Sadly we don't get to "let" Russia do anything, they get to decide that on their own. That said, in my High School debate class one year the topic was US policy towards Russia and there are some crazy stories about the months/years guards at these facilities didn't get paid, or got paid in items like bicycle parts, and how hard of a time they had keeping track of apparently missing nukes during the fall of the Soviet Union. There was a pretty fun documentary about drug dealers in the '80s where two of the big time players get money from a cartel to buy a submarine from the collapsed Soviet Union in order to transport drugs underwater and the Russian military guy they had hooking them up offered to include some warheads. One of the guys took the money (think it was around $10 million) and ran, is still on the run but was willing to talk for the documentary in an undisclosed location, but crazy stuff. Quick Google says it was called "Operation Odessa".

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Sadly we don't get to "let" Russia do anything, they get to decide that on their own. That said, in my High School debate class one year the topic was US policy towards Russia and there are some crazy stories about the months/years guards at these facilities didn't get paid, or got paid in items like bicycle parts, and how hard of a time they had keeping track of apparently missing nukes during the fall of the Soviet Union. There was a pretty fun documentary about drug dealers in the '80s where two of the big time players get money from a cartel to buy a submarine from the collapsed Soviet Union in order to transport drugs underwater and the Russian military guy they had hooking them up offered to include some warheads. One of the guys took the money (think it was around $10 million) and ran, is still on the run but was willing to talk for the documentary in an undisclosed location, but crazy stuff. Quick Google says it was called "Operation Odessa".
    Yes and no, while we shouldn't interfere with their domestic matters, Russia and Putin act in the international arena. So we can not "let" them screw with the Ukraine, or destabilize the Middle East, or assassinate people in England, or cyberattack U S companies. The truth is the combined economies and clout of the U S and Europe could crush Russia. We shouldn't, but we can still make Putin know there are consequences now that hi puppet isn't in the White House.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    That's a name I haven't profiled since November of 2016. *grabs bottle*

Your liver has no chance to survive make your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yes and no, while we shouldn't interfere with their domestic matters, Russia and Putin act in the international arena. So we can not "let" them screw with the Ukraine, or destabilize the Middle East, or assassinate people in England, or cyberattack U S companies. The truth is the combined economies and clout of the U S and Europe could crush Russia. We shouldn't, but we can still make Putin know there are consequences now that hi puppet isn't in the White House.
    That's right! Destabilizing the middle east is our job!

More seriously, you're right of course

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post

Also, those comments from the other nay voters. Yeeesh, Rosendale is a special kind of dick idiot.
    He really is. I once again apologize on behalf of my state. Our Senator, Steve Daines, has been flashing photos of himself with Trump left and right. I'm surprised a sex tape hasn't leaked yet.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    That's right! Destabilizing the middle east is our job!

More seriously, you're right of course
    We both have a bad record as agents in that area.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!