Page 184 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 841341741801811821831841851861871881942342846841184 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 75153

The Obama Administration didn't just leave a pandemic playbook that Trump ignored.

We also left a 99-page playbook on strengthening trust between law enforcement and communities. It warns against a "warrior" and "occupying force" mindset.
    Twitter Link

The President's Task Force on 21st Century Policing
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Um, why isn't DHS using the words "terrorism" or "Antifa" in this report?

Rather it's using the phrase "violent opportunists," which it previously had said were anarchists and right wing militia.

We need an explanation for why WH language/intel is so different from this.
    Twitter Link

DHS intelligence note June 2 obtained @CBSNews
    assesses “some violent opportunists have become more emboldened following a series of attacks against law enforcement during the last 24 hours nationwide." Also addresses reports pre-staged bricks "Although we have been unable.. to verify the reporting through official channels, the staging of improvised weapons at planned events is a common tactic used by violent opportunists, and an increase in reports of staging of these materials at separate locations could be indicative that local coordination... to infiltrate protests is increasing. We lack reporting indicating individuals are coordinating violence across multiple jurisdictions.”
    Twitter Link
    Last edited by Tami; 06-03-2020 at 05:57 AM.

Astonishing Member

Just read Atlanta mayor's piece in the NY times today. I liked how she juxtaposes that the police in Atlanta report to her ultimately. But, she is still raising a black son in America and the concerns she has about his safety that is unfortunately shared by every other black mother.

And just because the City has Democratic leadership doesn't mean you automatically can solve the issues with police brutality. But, we have seen some quick response with some of the brutal treatment being immediately followed by removal and charges in Atlanta this week. Her final conclusion is one i share. If all this anger and protesting is to actually get somewhere politically. Voting is essential.

The Police Report to me, but, I knew I couldn't protect my son

I know that as a mayor of one of the largest cities in our country, I should now be offering solutions. But the only comforting words I have to offer so far are those that I know to be most true: that we are better than this; that we as a country are better than the barbaric actions that we are forced to keep watching play out on our screens like a grotesque horror movie stuck on repeat. We are better than the hatred and anger that consumes so many of us. We are better than this deplorable disease called racism that remains so rampant.

With each passing second separating me from the peace of mind a mother feels having secured the safety of her children, I could not waste minutes articulating all of those things to my son. All I could say was, “Baby, please come home — now! It’s not safe for black boys to be out today.”

President Trump tells Brian Kilmeade it was a false report that he was taken to the underground bunker amid protests, though he confirms he did go to the bunker. He says he went in the day and it was "more for an inspection." "I was there for a tiny, short little period of time."
    Twitter Link

Yeah, right .... no one with any common sense believes this. Just shows how pathetic Trump is.

The FBI Finds ‘No Intel Indicating Antifa Involvement’ in Sunday’s Violence

The FBI’s Washington Field Office “has no intelligence indicating Antifa involvement/presence” in the violence that occurred on May 31 during the D.C.-area protests over the murder of George Floyd, according to an internal FBI situation report obtained exclusively by The Nation. That same day, President Donald Trump announced on Twitter that he would designate “Antifa” a terrorist organization, even though the government has no existing authority to declare a domestic group a terrorist organization, and antifa is not an organized group. Following the president’s tweet, Attorney General William Barr said in a statement, “The violence instigated and carried out by Antifa and other similar groups in connection with the rioting is domestic terrorism and will be treated accordingly.”

The FBI report, however, states that “based on CHS [Confidential Human Source] canvassing, open source/social media partner engagement, and liaison, FBI WFO has no intelligence indicating Antifa involvement/presence.” The statement followed a list of violent acts like throwing bricks at police and the discovery of a backpack containing explosive materials, which were flagged by the FBI under a “Key Updates” section of the report. The FBI has been issuing such reports daily since the weekend, according to a Bureau source, who added that none of these documents contained any evidence of antifa violence.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Twitter Link

Yeah, right .... no one with any common sense believes this. Just shows how pathetic Trump is.
    And why were the lights off in the White House at the time? Forgot to pay the electric bill? My uneducated guess, Trump saw the hashtag #BunkerBitch explode like a bomb on Twitter and, being the thin skinned snowflake he is, he had to contradict the truth with a juicy lie which I'm sure no one outside of his brain dead lemmings believed. Deplorable!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And why were the lights off in the White House at the time? Forgot to pay the electric bill? My uneducated guess, Trump saw the hashtag #BunkerBitch explode like a bomb on Twitter and, being the thin skinned snowflake he is, he had to contradict the truth with a juicy lie which I'm sure no one outside of his brain dead lemmings believed. Deplorable!
    Oh my aunt believes it. She said he is a brave man who would not run and hide. And his walking through the park and taking the photo. That was him saying he is taking back the streets from chaos. It was very brave to leave the White House and walk where there were protesters because Biden and the Liberal radicals would love to take a shot at him and take him out.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Oh my aunt believes it. She said he is a brave man who would not run and hide. And his walking through the park and taking the photo. That was him saying he is taking back the streets from chaos. It was very brave to leave the White House and walk where there were protesters because Biden and the Liberal radicals would love to take a shot at him and take him out.
    *heavy sigh* Sounds like your aunt is radicalized by Fox News, Hate Radio, and evangelicism.

Astonishing Member

He completely contradicts that himself in this very interview. That's the weird thing about trump supporters. WE all know hes a liar and he wanted to act like a big man. But, HE just said no one told him that protesters were going to be moved, attacked. HE said they just say "yessir" when he made the suggestion to go to the Church for the photo op.

He doesn't even back up the delusions trump supporters draw up to support him. And in the process he puts blame on all his security teams and Barr and Secret Service for just taking it upon themselves. Like he isn't the President

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Oh, boy! Don't take this personally, but your aunt is one hell of a lost cause. Meanwhile, saw this on George Takei's Facebook page:

Overheard: Q: Why did the chicken cross the road? A: For a photo opp at the church!
    SICK BURN from Mr. Sulu!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I think this comment will blow a lid with my grandparents who haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate Trump and are Christians.

Pres. Trump suggests on Fox Radio that there are Good Christians and Bad Christians. The good ones support Donald Trump; the bad ones, like those who criticized his photo stunt, are the opposition.

Also, from a bit back, but great for WBE's profile update on King and Trump.

@realDonaldTrump: "Today I'm here to support Steve King. A special guy, a smart person with, really, the right views on almost everything."
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 06-03-2020 at 09:02 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    He completely contradicts that himself in this very interview. That's the weird thing about trump supporters. WE all know hes a liar and he wanted to act like a big man. But, HE just said no one told him that protesters were going to be moved, attacked. HE said they just say "yessir" when he made the suggestion to go to the Church for the photo op.

He doesn't even back up the delusions trump supporters draw up to support him. And in the process he puts blame on all his security teams and Barr and Secret Service for just taking it upon themselves. Like he isn't the President
    Am I the only one who thinks that like 80% of Trumps lies always have a back door? All the time, he's "No, but yes."

I'm reminded of when people, myself included, get in a bad position and need wiggle room.

"I said maybe I could certainly finish it by Monday."

Amazing Member

@realDonaldTrump: "Today I'm here to support Steve King. A special guy, a smart person with, really, the right views on almost everything."
    Looks like yet another quote where he accidentally spoke the truth--there's even an inadvertent play on words there!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Twitter Link

So all Trump supporters?