Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    As of late they are far left. Defund the police. pardon Antifa members. Very Far left.
    Defund the FBI! It's quite ironic, really

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It is kinda telling that there are all these comments about how Trump is obviously worse than Clinton, but no one's able to list three things he did that are as wrong (this one's likely the easiest qualification) as lying in a deposition, as clearly illegal and where his guilt is as certain.
    Hi, Mets. Someone just did an enormous profile of all the things Donald Trump did, things that got him impeached not once, but twice, and all you can do is engage in whatboutism and trying to pretend it's abvout what the Democrats did, instead of what your partry embraced, voted for, and continues to do on a day when another right-wing domestic terrorist attacked the capitol police, a week after a right-wing domestic terorrist got in a gunfight with the FBI.

But, yeah. Sure. Try to pretend that your party's embrace of Trump is something that goes back to 'the democrats'. For a party of personal responsibility, you sure like to be responsible for nothing. As Ethan Gray said, that's the entire point, isn't it?

Guys Mets is right. Trump never got caught lying in a Deposition. He took the 5th 400 times.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Guys Mets is right. Trump never got caught lying in a Deposition. He took the 5th 400 times.
    "You see, the mob takes the fifth" - Donald J. Trump

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Captain Europe asked last night if any Republican called on them to stand down?
    Yes. They keep doing this. Pay attention.

Police: Man killed himself after ramming US Capitol barrier

The silent approval is deafening.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    The Trump campaign used campaign money to pay her off. Michael Cohen went to jail over that. He did so at Trump's request, but Barr's DOJ decided not to prosecute a sitting president.
    Mets, I think you missed my reply to your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    No, they don't. They're a drag on the economy, if anything. Every billionaire is a policy failure
    Yup. Billionaires are little more than parasites.

While it might be seem obvious, shouldn't we wait and see who the guy was and what were his motivations before jumping to conclusions? Or do you have privileged info that the media doesn't yet? (and yes, I do note that it is PROBABLY a Trump nutcase)

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Yup. Billionaires are little more than parasites.
    Ah, and then some people get offended with being called "far left". It doesn't get any more far left than that sentence. People still saying that type of stuff in 2022 is so damn entertaining.

Actually Musk’s 110 thousand employees are just in Tesla, not considering his other companies.

Would be interesting to understand what “intelligent” policies should be taken to minimize those “parasites”.
    Last edited by hyped78; 08-14-2022 at 08:58 AM.

Damn Antifa!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Oh no, because I also say "far right". Far left and far right are one thing... calling folks "fascists" and "communists" is another. As I've said before, I consider Trump, Gaetz, MTG as far right.
    Fascism *does* apply though - especially when you remember that fascism generally runs more towards spiteful incompetence and laughable-if-it-weren’t-tragic idiocy and obviousness about how pathetic they are than our memory of Nazi Germany. Mussolini’s Italy has a reputation as the pathetic “third wheel” of the Axis powers for a reason… and it was he who first created fascism.

Fascism also tends to imitate the flaws and frailties of the person who pushes it - so right now, yeah, current American fascism is a grotesque display of histrionic and paper-thin propaganda, a sloppy and lazily incompetent approach to most problems, a lot of whining and scapegoating, and a powerful undercurrent of entitlement and “soft”ness when actually confronted… because American fascism is formed around Trump.

Just because you think of jackboots and old, left-over German efficiency when you hear the word fascism doesn’t mean those things actually accompany fascism that frequently - banana republics were frequently fascist, and always pathetic.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    While it might be seem obvious, shouldn't we wait and see who the guy was and what were his motivations before jumping to conclusions? Or do you have privileged info that the media doesn't yet? (and yes, I do note that it is PROBABLY a Trump nutcase)
    We can wait a few months to see.

After all Fox News is still on the we dont know what the motivation for the Guy in Ohio was.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I saw a "TRUMP GOT RAIDED, F*** THE FBI!" protest in Gilbert, AZ on Thursday.

And by that, I mean it was one lone wolf, crazy ***hole standing on the corner of a grocery store parking lot with a sign with poor spelling in the heat on the blacktop, punishing themselves in those triple digit temperatures to spread the dark gospel of ex-President Marmalade Mammon.

Might as well have been a guy with, "THE END IS NIGH".

I want to say there's no reason to believe this is gonna escalate, but the right's media arm overexaggerate their impact, as seen with Trump's inauguration, or say, the "Trucker Protests" at the U.S. Capitol inspired by Canada's one that were like... maybe a dozen rigs.

But then again, stochastic terror only takes one, and some dude just crashed into a barricade at the Capitol, exchanged gunfire with police, the car caught ablaze, and then he shot himself rather than be arrested.

So that's a fun Sunday headline that's almost definitely thanks to Trump's influence on the country.
    Just heard about that nutbag who crashed into the Capitol barricade. I’m sure that once he’s been identified, followed by a search of his home, computer and social media history, more than likely, it'll be discovered that he was a right wing loon, maybe a Trumpanzee, and that he was hyped up on spin from Caramel Caligula and Faux News about the evildoings behind the Mar-a-Lago raid. Trump is creating more monsters with his rhetoric, and the GQP and Faux News are complicit by spreading it, any lives lost going forward will be on THEIR hands.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Fascism *does* apply though - especially when you remember that fascism generally runs more towards spiteful incompetence and laughable-if-it-weren’t-tragic idiocy and obviousness about how pathetic they are than our memory of Nazi Germany. Mussolini’s Italy has a reputation as the pathetic “third wheel” of the Axis powers for a reason… and it was he who first created fascism.

Fascism also tends to imitate the flaws and frailties of the person who pushes it - so right now, yeah, current American fascism is a grotesque display of histrionic and paper-thin propaganda, a sloppy and lazily incompetent approach to most problems, a lot of whining and scapegoating, and a powerful undercurrent of entitlement and “soft”ness when actually confronted… because American fascism is formed around Trump.

Just because you think of jackboots and old, left-over German efficiency when you hear the word fascism doesn’t mean those things actually accompany fascism that frequently - banana republics were frequently fascist, and always pathetic.
    Don’t worry, people on this thread have also called Trump a Nazi and Terrorist, not just a Fascist. The shock value of those soundbytes must be immensely satisfying (and yes, I think Trump is despicable)
    Last edited by hyped78; 08-14-2022 at 08:56 AM.

We can wait a few months to see.

After all Fox News is still on the we dont know what the motivation for the Guy in Ohio was.
    I mean, we can assume what it’s all about… but we don’t know for sure yet. I hope it doesn’t take months to understand what it was.