Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    An update on this: It turns out not to have been an attack by a MAGA white supremacist as every other online story I've seen on it said after all, but rather a Nation of Islam adherent. What his motive was is not currently known.

https://www.dw.com/en/suspect-police...tol/a-57088530
    Currently a bunch of crying online from Conservatives about how quiet the media is supposedly being about the story compared to how much attention it would allegedly get if the assailant were a white man. I hate America now.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Saving this one for a future profile, but...

Two GOP Congresswomen, the first two of Korean-American descent, are Young Kim and Michelle Steel. They were endorsing a potential third to join them in 2022, Sery Kim, who was running in TX-6 in 2022 as a Republican.

That is, until Sery Kim decided to give her thoughts on Chinese immigrants, and was quoted as saying, "I don't want them here at all. They steal our intellectual property, they give us coronavirus, they don't hold themselves accountable. I can say that because I'm Korean."

She has yet to apologize, and seems to be going with the argument that this is all the media's fault and her comments aren't racist because she's Asian and her criticism was actually targeting the Chinese government.

Gonna have to save this one for a CSGOPOTD profile.

*drinks*
    I always roll my eyes when conservatives say something racist/sexist then blame the media.

Astonishing Member

An update on this: It turns out not to have been an attack by a MAGA white supremacist as every other online story I've seen on it said after all, but rather a Nation of Islam adherent. What his motive was is not currently known.

What more motive do you need than the nation of Islam? These group actually believe that white people were created 6.6k years ago by a black scientist.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    What more motive do you need than the nation of Islam? These group actually believe that white people were created 6.6k years ago by a black scientist.
    And they are very antisemitic. I mean they are right that all races started with black people, but that is because of migration from Africa 100,000 years ago, not some pulp fiction fantasy about bronze age experimentation.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    And they are very antisemitic. I mean they are right that all races started with black people, but that is because of migration from Africa 100,000 years ago, not some pulp fiction fantasy about bronze age experimentation.
    Are we sure that wasn't......stone age experimentation?

0_Y8Pxl9Njk1v--VYm.jpg
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Saving this one for a future profile, but...

Two GOP Congresswomen, the first two of Korean-American descent, are Young Kim and Michelle Steel. They were endorsing a potential third to join them in 2022, Sery Kim, who was running in TX-6 in 2022 as a Republican.

That is, until Sery Kim decided to give her thoughts on Chinese immigrants, and was quoted as saying, "I don't want them here at all. They steal our intellectual property, they give us coronavirus, they don't hold themselves accountable. I can say that because I'm Korean."

She has yet to apologize, and seems to be going with the argument that this is all the media's fault and her comments aren't racist because she's Asian and her criticism was actually targeting the Chinese government.

Gonna have to save this one for a CSGOPOTD profile.

*drinks*
    How exactly is this any different from the rhetoric coming from both parties about China these days? We're really going to scapegoat some random Korean person as opposed to, I don't know, the entire national security apparatus that has been pushing this yellow peril nonsense for the last decade?

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    How exactly is this any different from the rhetoric coming from both parties about China these days? We're really going to scapegoat some random Korean person as opposed to, I don't know, the entire national security apparatus that has been pushing this yellow peril nonsense for the last decade?
    Speaking of people shamelessly "both siding" an issue where very clearly, both sides are not the same:

In several videos posted online, the man believed to be Whitton is seen repeatedly jabbing at a police line with a crutch as the mob chants “Fight for Trump.” Another video showed him punching an officer, then grabbing him and dragging him into the crowd.

Body camera footage from a prone officer appears to show the same man, wearing a cap, repeatedly stomping on him as another man grabbed the officer’s leg. Further footage shows the man in the cap grabbing a fallen officer and dragging him into the depths of the mob.

People who know Whitton expressed dismay that he faced such serious charges.

Michael Adams, a Henry County resident and former business partner, said Whitton had “a patriot heart” but was betrayed by the president he followed.

“Looks like Donald Trump is a Judas goat, and he led his people to slaughter,” Adams said. “Trump is nowhere to be found and his people are going to prison.”

Thom Greenwood, a Stockbridge real estate agent who trained under Whitton, said Whitton had a “thriving fence company” and was an incredible athlete.

“That was pre-Trump, six or seven years ago,” he said. “I think his views got more aggressive, but depending on which side of the fence you are on, everybody’s views got more aggressive.”
    It's mostly a good piece by the AJC, but what the ****? How can they let stand a comment like that without mentioning that it is bullshit?
    Georgia man arrested in assault of Capitol police officer in Jan. 6 riot

Ultimate Member

Wanting healthcare for all is super aggressive, don't ya know?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Speaking of people shamelessly "both siding" an issue where very clearly, both sides are not the same:

It's mostly a good piece by the AJC, but what the ****? How can they let stand a comment like that without mentioning that it is bullshit?
    Christ, three months later you'd think that people would quit with the pearl clutching over the Capitol siege. You do realize that all of the extra security measures and police resources will just be turned against the BLM protests once those start up again in response to Chauvin's inevitable acquittal, right?

Being angry about a mob of seditionists attacking people and trying to overturn an election is pearl clutching?

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Christ, three months later you'd think that people would quit with the pearl clutching over the Capitol siege. You do realize that all of the extra security measures and police resources will just be turned against the BLM protests once those start up again in response to Chauvin's inevitable acquittal, right?
    what

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Currently a bunch of crying online from Conservatives about how quiet the media is supposedly being about the story compared to how much attention it would allegedly get if the assailant were a white man. I hate America now.
    Don't hate America. Remember that these conservative whiners don't represent us all. They are a small, but very loud, minority.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post

That would be an inaccurate fact-check. By most standards, the Democrats are moving left and asking for more.

https://www.vox.com/2019/3/22/182598...ing-trump-2020

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...lains-how-why/

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...last-30-years/

One can believe it's a good thing that the left has gotten more aggressive, that they have further to go, or that they're not as willing to abuse processes as Republicans, but that's different from claiming that they haven't gotten more aggressive since 6-7 years ago.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    That would be an inaccurate fact-check. By most standards, the Democrats are moving left and asking for more.

https://www.vox.com/2019/3/22/182598...ing-trump-2020

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...lains-how-why/

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...last-30-years/

One can believe it's a good thing that the left has gotten more aggressive, that they have further to go, or that they're not as willing to abuse processes as Republicans, but that's different from claiming that they haven't gotten more aggressive since 6-7 years ago.
    I think the issue with Democrats is they have finally realized that Republicans stopped acting in good faith a decade ago. Now they aren't willing to offer anything without something concrete first.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Oh I saw he was nation Of Islam. Fox News is going nuts about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Of course they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Which is essentially what is happening.

CNN and MSNBC would absolutely be going ham if this had been someone like a Proud Boy.

Because the whole of cable news is just working in it's own interest.

FNC or CNN/MSNBC.