Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    If I remember I am not sure how accurate this is but didnt he set up that fleet after everyone crossed and they only caught like 2 people trying to cross since it was set up?

And if people trying to get into the country see this wall of cars wont they just walk a few miles to the left or right and walk into the country there? I mean they walked hundreds and hundreds of miles but a couple mile wide row of cars will stop them and turn them around?

This is nothing more then a photo opt to look big for the GOP cult.
    Not to mention, if you wanted to form a barrier (well, you wouldn't use cars that a five year old could scramble over or under), you'd line them up end-to-end, not side-by-side.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Absolutely. Particularly in this situation when all other avenues have been entirely exhausted.

Anyone can sit down and claim an election is stolen, said claims have to be backed up by evidence.

And the claimants in this case went to a court of law to make these claims and couldn't provide any evidence.

The burden of proof falls on those making these claims..particularly when the elections have been certified as proper.
    Firstly that is a distortion of the how the claims were reviewed as well as the favorable slant of rulings toward election law changes which were never reviewed and second as to the truth and the whole truth being arbitrated by courts let us start with the simple disparity between criminal and civil disputes or Do you think OJ was both innocent and guilty of the death of Nichole Brown?

From pre-election rulings dispensing with signature in AZ Arizona Democratic Party to SCOTUS passing the buck on allowing a full review of a state ruling like PA where the PA Supreme Court changed the election rules for the state. There’s no question that their constitution says that’s not legal. Thus, by definition, the votes coming in from the expanded rules are illegitimate There’s no evidence issue here, just whether you want to have illegitimate votes counted.

For the most part Judges went to great pains not to rule on the outcome and a judge dismissing a case doesn’t necessarily mean a case doesn’t have merit. Sometimes it means the judge doesn’t want to be the one to to rule, so he dismisses it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Especially considering the plethora of judges that swatted the cases down. Democratic appointed, Republican appointed, even Trump appointed.
    Exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Especially considering the plethora of judges that swatted the cases down. Democratic appointed, Republican appointed, even Trump appointed.
    Many of the suits were about rule changes so bias does not come into it from the judge's pov as the fix was already in. A thousand cuts later and you have your winna.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    Firstly that is a distortion of the how the claims were reviewed as well as the favorable slant of rulings toward election law changes which were never reviewed and second as to the truth and the whole truth being arbitrated by courts let us start with the simple disparity between criminal and civil disputes or Do you think OJ was both innocent and guilty of the death of Nichole Brown?

From pre-election rulings dispensing with signature in AZ Arizona Democratic Party to SCOTUS passing the buck on allowing a full review of a state ruling like PA where the PA Supreme Court changed the election rules for the state. There’s no question that their constitution says that’s not legal. Thus, by definition, the votes coming in from the expanded rules are illegitimate There’s no evidence issue here, just whether you want to have illegitimate votes counted.

For the most part Judges went to great pains not to rule on the outcome and a judge dismissing a case doesn’t necessarily mean a case doesn’t have merit. Sometimes it means the judge doesn’t want to be the one to to rule, so he dismisses it.
    So are you telling us you don’t understand there’s a complete difference between a criminal trial with a jury and a judge’s ruling regarding an election?
    Those judges may not have wanted to rule on these cases because they understand the absolute danger to our Democratic election process that could be done if they rule in favor on the basis of flimsy and in some cases fabricated evidence. You want to make the decisions the issue here where it’s actually the lack of credibility of the evidence.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 09-23-2021 at 01:44 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'm guessing you don't watch CNN regularly, because their doctor guests talk about this ALOT.

But I'm genuinely curious, because I've heard un-vaccinated and anti-vax and the MAGA crowd say repeatedly that vaccination is a personal choice that only effects themselves. But doesn't the term HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS make it clear that it isn't about a single person's risk for getting ill, but about anyone who gets ill spreading the disease to other people? I really don't understand why people think Covid is a disease that only impacts the person that has it, so perhaps you can explain to me where this idea comes from?

And that's just transmission wise. Then there's the damage to health care, society, and the financial costs that everyone is going to pay.

How does it not apply to the US population? The virus, and it's various strains, are being transmitted globally.
    I can't say I watch a lot of CNN but perhaps no less than FOX(more of reader than watcher) but I am afraid that Sanjay Gupta has not been a very good explainer in that it doesn't go through the steps and the studies that back it up. That you bold the contagion part typifies their reporting - terms don't convince, mechanisms do. Personal choice emerged as an issue because it was not clear who could possibly be effected if the vaccinated are supposedly safe. I don't know how many times I saw the seatbelt analogy. But it is faulty in this regard if your choosing not put a seatbelt makes you drive recklessly then that is where the danger lies in causing accidents to even those with seatbelts on. As to the US being a source of mutations our non vax population seem to be too small to create one as we have seen in places where there variants have originated.

Astonishing Member

1 killed, 13 injured in shooting at Kroger in Collierville, Tennessee

At least one person was killed and 13 others injured Thursday in a shooting at a Kroger grocery store in Collierville, Tennessee, authorities said Thursday.

"This scene is horrific, I've been involved in this for 34 years and never seen anything like it," said Chief Dale Lane of the Collierville Police Department.

BANNED

China is finished.

Ultimate Member

A lot of them were accomodations due to the Covid-19 pandemic. There's absolutely nothing wrong in allowing MORE people to vote and in more convenient circumstances given the pandemic.

And this doesn't change my original point that the burden of proof was on the claimants and most of the cases were dismissed due to lack of evidence. The entire thing was a joke. An expensive one.

In PA, the SC basically said that more votes should be counted so far they aren't postmarked after election day and if they are valid. Absolutely nothing illegal about that. It just means that adequate adjustment needed to be made given the fact there was going to be more mail-in voting which meant that counting would on for longer than usual (which it did).

As for Arizona, didn't the Arizona Democrats lose that case? It has no material impact on the election results.

No, the cases were almost entirely dismissed due to lack of evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post

China is finished.

She's getting roasted fast.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    Many of the suits were about rule changes so bias does not come into it from the judge's pov as the fix was already in. A thousand cuts later and you have your winna.
    ...we have a winner because the people voted...it's as simple as that.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

BANNED

Gonna have to put the Mao hat back on for a minute - this is EXACTLY what I meant when I said that reflexively blaming China for every bad thing that happens will only hurt America in the long run. Of course Greene is a rather extreme case, but I have yet to see a politician in either party articulate a smart approach to China policy.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Gonna have to put the Mao hat back on for a minute - this is EXACTLY what I meant when I said that reflexively blaming China for every bad thing that happens will only hurt America in the long run. Of course Greene is a rather extreme case, but I have yet to see a politician in either party articulate a smart approach to China policy.
    Because this insane lady is anything like normal Americans or the Democratic Party? Come on man!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    So did tuck carlson eventually 'reveal' what was in Hunter's laptop or did he just dangle the carrot for his viewers?
    You would think Rudy Giuliani, who claimed he had it, would have been more than happy to show the world what was on that laptop on Fox News.

Or if it was Hunter Biden's laptop, the FBI would have charged him with a crime for all the "sinister" things on it after they got it.

Or that the "hero" who turned in "Hunter Biden's laptop" wouldn't have pulled a vanishing act when so much good came from his "heroic deed".

It's almost like... it was clearly bulls*** to everyone from the start.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    I think this is my first time sounding the call on here: Oh, WBE-eeeeeee!!!

Paul LePage is back:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...rrified-513745
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.