Page 204 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 1041541942002012022032042052062072082142543047041204 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    That's your "larger issue" -- made clear by the fact that you completely ignored the hundreds of civil rights rollbacks I linked to in my post.

Further confirming what I said earlier about how some people don't really care about "minorities" outside of using them as political attacks on others.

I saw Clinton, Obama, Biden and Hillary all make efforts to "progress" while Republicans repeatedly obstructed them -- just as they are today.

That said -- you can ignore what you want to ignore but I won't make that same mistake.

Especially when it leads to people like Trump running this country.
    I appreciate your thoughts on the matter and the response.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The thing is either Biden or Trump will be president. There's no viable option C at this point.

At worst, you choose the lesser of 2 evils whomever that may be. To not vote against the one you dislike more means effectively supporting that person. Unless you genuinely disagree with both equally... in which case you're pretty screwed. No way around that.
    The lesser of two evils is still evil and in this case a vote for Jo Jorgensen is a vote for Jo Jorgensen, my vote does not magically support Trump/Biden.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

California mayor resigns after saying no ‘good person of color’ has ever been killed by police

A southern California mayor resigned after making a racist statement about black Americans killed by police officers.

Temecula Mayor James Stewart apologized and tried to explain his statement in an email, in which he claimed he didn’t “believe there’s ever been a good person of color killed by a police officer” locally, reported The Press-Enterprise.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I appreciate your thoughts on the matter and the response.
    No problem -- I appreciate you asking and listening to the answer.

Even if we disagree on political priorites I think we can both agree that there is something inherently wrong with the system that needs to be addressed.

Maybe Americans will vote to change said system eventually but until then we play the cards we're dealt.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 06-05-2020 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    No problem -- I appreciate you asking and listening to the answer.

Even if we disagree on political priorites I think we can both agree that there is something inherently wrong with the system that needs to be addressed.

Myabe Americans will vote to change said system eventually but until then we play the cards we're dealt.
    Your definitely not going to change the system with Trump in charge though.

Oh and I dont give a **** about the next person saying "But the looting"

The police shot a black guy in the head then shot at medics attending him.

https://twitter.com/YourAnonCentral/...348410880?s=19

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Your definitely not going to change the system with Trump in charge though.
    Don't forget that it can always change for the worse -- we're basically following the same pattern as Nazi Germany as we speak.

Many think it already has given Trump's absolute disregard for both political norms and laws.

It's no exaggeration to say that if Trump had his way, these protests would be the last remnants of democracy under his rule.

And we have yet to see just how far he and his administration will go to both project and retain power.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 06-05-2020 at 10:14 AM.

The lesser of two evils is still evil and in this case a vote for Jo Jorgensen is a vote for Jo Jorgensen, my vote does not magically support Trump/Biden.
    There are levels of evil. Throwing someone out of his car and then stealing the car is not the same as shooting the guy in the head and then stealing his car. If you don't vote or vote for a third party candidate, you are effectively saying that you're OK with whoever the rest of us elect.

That said, vote third party for all the down ballot races you want. If enough people do that, then eventually we'll have a viable third party candidate for President some day.
    Watching television is not an activity.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

This is soooooo wrong.

Trump to governors: "Don't be proud. Get the job done. You'll end up looking much better in the end. Call in the National Guard. Call me. We'll have so many people -- you have to dominate the streets. You can't let what's happening happening. It's call 'dominate the streets.'" https://t.co/NPCM0A2nPg
    Trump on George Floyd, who was killed by Minneapolis cops: "Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying, 'this is a great thing that's happening for our country.' This is a great day for him." https://t.co/LDl4V9Phzg
    TRUMP: "Today is probably, if you think of it, the greatest comeback in American history." (The unemployment rate is 13.3 percent) https://t.co/E33heI59A0
    Trump on Covid: "If you have diabetes, or you have a bad heart -- it's like a magnet. They say if you're heavy -- so I say, thank goodness I'm in perfect shape -- but if you're heavy it's not good." https://t.co/PqEoAjCxhb

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    While I said I would not post here again until after the General Election, I want to share the below video:

I love this guy. He's one of my favorite Youtube (genuine) experts -

That’s an interesting video.

It strikes me as a really big call to raise charge against Derek Chauvin to second degree murder...I can imagine being on jury and being forced to reluctantly agree that legally the correct verdict on that particular charge would be “not guilty”.

I assume that jury can still find him guilty of third degree murder anyway??

Again taking video at face value it would seem charge of aiding and abetting against the other three officers may well fail on legal grounds...though it would be unjust not to bring them to account in some way...and all other charges seem even more likely to fail.
    Last edited by JackDaw; 06-05-2020 at 10:33 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    His victory celebration is definately premature. We have a long ways to go.

That said, I do agree with him about ending the lockdowns. People aren't following social distancing anyways because of the protests, so people might as well be allowed to get back to work.
    Well, I say moderation should be observed in ending the lockdown. I'm glad governors (at least those in blue states) are being responsible and doing it in stages instead of just throwing open the doors all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    What did you expect? It was Trump after all. What pissed me off was that nonsense he spewed about Mr. Floyd.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Genuine question on why you think voting for the democrats, Joe Biden, in particular will yield different results? In my lifetime alone, the democrats had 16 years of a leader in office and very little seems to be changed. Republicans and Democrats are two wings on the same bird.
    Again, I am not a republican and do not support Trump.
    Oh boy.

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I

That’s an interesting video.

It strikes me as a really big call to raise charge against Derek Chauvin to second degree murder...I can imagine being on jury and being forced to reluctantly agree that legally the correct verdict on that particular charge would be “not guilty”.

I assume that jury can still find him guilty of third degree murder anyway??

Again taking video at face value it would seem charge of aiding and abetting against the other three officers may well fail on legal grounds...though it would be unjust not to bring them to account in some way...and all other charges seem even more likely to fail.
    That depends on other factors. Where I used to live in Plattsburgh we had a shooting (murders are rare enough there that one will dominate the local news cycle for months) which was basically some drunken idiot trying to force his way into someone's home and being met with a shotgun. Supposedly the old couple who lived there pointed it at him while he was trying to force his way in and warning him that they would fire - they eventually did. New York law does not recognize Castle Doctrine, so the local DA was forced to prosecute against his own wishes, so he went for first degree murder and refused to allow the jury to consider a lesser charge even when the jury asked.

Basically, do the state and local laws allow a lesser charge to be considered? Will the prosecutor allow it? Will the judge allow it? Typically I'd say yes, but there are a lot of moving parts in the system to account for.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Starfish View Post
    since May 26 over 250 press freedom violations have been reported

https://cpj.org/
    We made the world list for violence against journalism. We are now in the ranks of Brazil, Russia, and active war zones. MAGA!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

It's simply a matter of how much effort you want to put in preventing the candidate you dislike the most from winning. If one is just as bad as the other in your eyes then yeah ... it doesn't matter. But if you feel one is worst than the other, you're probably better off hedging your bets.