Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Haven't we cared enough about the feelings of Trump supporters?

Feelings are important and empathy is great but the non-empathic should not monopolize grievance, not without reckoning over the grievances of those they harm.
    Kind of my point. Every moment of the past five years, the media had some reporter running out to try to figure Trump supporters out. What do they think? What do they feel?

And all they thought was that they were the real victims who were going to take the power back. And when they got it, they would wield it to make who they thought harmed them (but were not the source of their woes) hurt more.

Their feelings were given the utmost introspection. Meanwhile, we're not focusing on the feelings of people being grinded into dust by Trump policies. And now that they had a four year run with their guy in charge... they still aren't in touch with reality. They still hurt. They still want others to hurt more. And now, they are taking up armed insurrection for their perceived right to have a strongman govern from a minority so he can make their perceived foes hurt more.

Like... that's who they have shown themselves to be. Undemocratic, fascist, factless, hate-filled, science-denying, willful plague-spreading morons.

Why do we still pause to even let them explain themselves? And call for "unity" which by their definition at the moment is "no consequences that we tried to murder the people you elected and yeah our own VP".

I'm not even about to entertain their ideology. If they have feelings about what comic book characters they like, I can discuss that with them. But politics? Hell to the no.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    You all know that was tongue in cheek.
    Ain't even mad. You're a mensch, if you didn't already know.

Regarding GOP calls for "unity" from over the weekend...

Republicans stage the violent coup on 1/6 to overthrow the government because Trump won't be president starting on 1/20. It fails. They call for "unity" in the wake of that failed coup.

Best take I've seen:
    "This is the bit of the movie where the bad guy is beaten and appeals to the hero’s sympathy, while eyeing the pistol that got knocked out of his hand during the fight scene that he now realizes is almost in reach."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Kind of my point. Every moment of the past five years, the media had some reporter running out to try to figure Trump supporters out. What do they think? What do they feel?

And all they thought was that they were the real victims who were going to take the power back. And when they got it, they would wield it to make who they thought harmed them (but were not the source of their woes) hurt more.

Their feelings were given the utmost introspection. Meanwhile, we're not focusing on the feelings of people being grinded into dust by Trump policies. And now that they had a four year run with their guy in charge... they still aren't in touch with reality. They still hurt. They still want others to hurt more. And now, they are taking up armed insurrection for their perceived right to have a strongman govern from a minority so he can make their perceived foes hurt more.

Like... that's who they have shown themselves to be. Undemocratic, fascist, factless, hate-filled, science-denying, willful plague-spreading morons.

Why do we still pause to even let them explain themselves? And call for "unity" which by their definition at the moment is "no consequences that we tried to murder the people you elected and yeah our own VP".

I'm not even about to entertain their ideology. If they have feelings about what comic book characters they like, I can discuss that with them. But politics? Hell to the no.
    I don't think the media are only doing that out of curiosity, after 1/6. It's to take the temperature of the country to see who's a potential threat to join or support another insurrection, that's why the numbers are alarming. It's like HYDRA, only they deliberately tell the world that they're HYDRA.

BANNED

I recommend therapy, and if the conservatives are serious, let's invest in mental health which never recovered from the sledgehammer Ronald Reagan took against it. How about some of that bipartisanship then?

Their feelings were given the utmost introspection. Meanwhile, we're not focusing on the feelings of people being grinded into dust by Trump policies.
    Trump has filled graveyards. Think about that, he's filled graveyards.

Regarding GOP calls for "unity" from over the weekend...

Republicans stage the violent coup on 1/6 to overthrow the government because Trump won't be president starting on 1/20. It fails. They call for "unity" in the wake of that failed coup.

Best take I've seen:
    "This is the bit of the movie where the bad guy is beaten and appeals to the hero’s sympathy, while eyeing the pistol that got knocked out of his hand during the fight scene that he now realizes is almost in reach."
    The American right keep parroting Lincoln's words at the end of the American Civil War, "with malice towards none, and charity to all" (and only that part and not the rest of the speech) in this time. But that was Lincoln after he prosecuted a successful war, liberated the plantations, and established the authority of the Union over the Confederacy.

This is what Lincoln said at the start.

"Under all these circumstances, do you really feel yourselves justified to break up this Government unless such a court decision as yours is, shall be at once submitted to as a conclusive and final rule of political action? But you will not abide the election of a Republican president! In that supposed event, you say, you will destroy the Union; and then, you say, the great crime of having destroyed it will be upon us! That is cool. A highwayman holds a pistol to my ear, and mutters through his teeth, 'Stand and deliver, or I shall kill you, and then you will be a murderer'!"
    --- Cooper Union speech. February 27, 1860.

Let's impeach and convict Trump, let's get every Putschist to heel, let's send Hawley and Cruz out of the senate...and then after it's done, Biden can call for unity, Abe Lincoln style. Be generous in victory, by all means, but win first.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 01-11-2021 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So it gets even worse for these fascist dickheads.

Apparently when the hackers created multiple admin accounts, they deleted actual admin accounts and created millions of fake ones. So the people in charge at Parler, even if they get back in control of their system, can never root out all of the fake admin accounts. And, it's so much worse for the users, because you have to submit a copy of your drivers license in order to open an account in the first place. A bunch of people woke up this morning to find out that they are on the NO FLY list.
    Knowing that awful people are experiencing misery just makes me so f**king happy.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

At this point, I could give a f*** what Trump supporters think. Much like I don't give a f*** what white nationalists or Neo-Nazis think. They're intermingling far too much, anyway, as groups separate from one another. But I have enough of a gist to know what their agenda is, and from that point, don't give a f*** what their feelings about what's happening in the world are. Because they'll rewrite reality to get back to the white supremacy and fascism universe where they're somehow "the good guys" when they are decidedly not the hero of the story.

So f*** 'em.
    Copy that.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Remember "Republican Unity" when they were begged not to confirm Barrett a week before the election.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    There's videos across America of Putschists getting cuffed at airports or being told they are on the No-fly list.

This guy gives the game away when the police have him on the floor:
    https://twitter.com/TalbertSwan/stat...10740480077827

That guy yells "You're treating me like a f--king black person".
    The cops says, "You're gonna get sprayed."
    They're obviously not treating him like a black person because he's still alive.

You all know that was tongue in cheek.
    Last we saw him, he was assuring us Trump would win the election.

Just got a news alert that Bill Belichick has declined a Presidential Medal of Freedom from Trump.

I'm glad someone finally said no.

I think Benedict Donald is the most apt nickname now.

BTW, anybody hear from Spidey5640, wonder how he defends his guy now?
    He's probably on a barstool next to Jbats right now crying into his beer.

Intermediary

where were the stories from the marginalized?

transgender folks terrorized by coworkers
    black and brown folks dealing with institutional racism?

Astonishing Member

BTW, anybody hear from Spidey5640, wonder how he defends his guy now?
    I'd think he's busy being part of a joke where a Trump supporter wearing a Spider-Man mask walks into a bar with another one wearing a Punisher logo.

The bar probably being owned by Kingpin, who is currently Major of New York in comics (I wouldn't be surprised if Kingpin could do a better job than Giuliani, if he put his mind into specifically doing that).

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Trump and Pence Spoke Monday for First Time Since Capitol Riot

I would love to be a fly in the wall during this meeting. What does an anger even sound like with the lifeless robot that is Mike Pence?
    And this is how we know the 25th isn't happening.