Page 407 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 3073573974034044054064074084094104114174575079071407 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,105 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I posted the stuff again to demonstrate that I had addressed a question well before you asked it.

I don't think you're doing this intentionally, but someone acting in bad faith could act in similar ways to what you've been doing, mischaracterizing a comment or asking someone a question they've just answered, and then blaming them for repeating themselves if they take the time to point out the truth.

As for intellectual laziness, do you really think I spend less time and effort understanding perspectives on the other side than the average person (be it the average citizen, the average consumer of current events, or the average poster on this board)? Do you think I engage with people I disagree with politically less often or in a lazier manner than the average person?

That's messed up.

And it could have been worse.

Imagine if they had the Obama account tweeting out something nuts/ untrue ("I know for a fact Hillary Clinton had Epstein killed." "It pains me to say this but Joe Biden is clearly too senile to be President. He should step aside and Democrats should nominate Bernie Sanders in his place." "It pains me to say this, but Ruth Bader Ginsburg is not fit to be on the Supreme Court. She should resign immediately." "One of the most vile forces in modern American politics is the SWERF (Sex Worker Exclusionary Radical Feminist) and we need them out of office NOW!" "This is difficult for me to say but after 27 years of marriage and two beautiful daughters, Michelle and I will be getting a divorce. Please respect our family during this difficult time." "Rush Limbaugh is the only honest man in America.") or if that they had tried to make their money by auctioning access to the account, and letting the highest bidder post whatever they want?
    Obama's account was haclked as well. Someone on Twitter commented that, if Trump's account had been hacked and someone posted something crazy, no one would knwo the difference.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Obama's account was haclked as well. Someone on Twitter commented that, if Trump's account had been hacked and someone posted something crazy, no one would knwo the difference.
    If course the hackers didn't bother hacking Trump. No one would ever believe Trump would keep his word and pledge money if you did first.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Sure we could. If the post was coherent, lacked word salad and didn't involve all caps typing, it would b ed proof that it wasn't Benedict Donald posting it.
    Dark does not mean deep.

In other news, the Ku Klux Keebler's political career ended as it began, in a blaze of racism. Sessions never understood the most basic tenet of Trumpism. Trumpism isn't really what's important. Trump is.

I really hope he is tossed out this November.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I'm aware of that. My point was that the people who had access to Obama's account could have done worse things with it than a minor bitcoin scam.

I wonder if a potential reason to not go after Trump is that hacking the sitting president comes with potentially harsher punishments.

This may sound weird, but while there are several things that shaped my attitudes towards race, from science to my own personal experiences, there are two others: Star Trek in my youth followed by Anime which just reaffirmed it as an adult.

From Anime like DBZ and InuYasha came the idea that if an alien and a human can have really smart and powerful children, same with demons and humans, then why the heck should white people be antagonistic towards Black or Brown people? I mean, we're all humans, and if genetic mixing does occur that can only be a good thing for the future of humans. I mean, come on, aliens and demons get along better with humans in anime and other fiction than do other humans who just happen to look different. Of course, there are cultural differences, but that can happen between many groups of humans.

Star Trek, of course, did it first with Spock then later on with other Star Trek characters. Gene Rodenberry deserves credit for taking risks to slip social messages into his works.

Race, racial injustice, racial discrimination are major league issues that need to be addressed. Problem is, it shouldn't be so hard to do except for the fact that 30-50% of the residents of the US are idiots. The same kind of idiots that refuse to wear masks, pull guns on peaceful protestors, call 911 to complain about birdwatchers, or someone putting paving stones on their front yard, or painting a sign on their property. The same kind of idiots that should never be allowed to wear a badge or hold a gun.

Okay, got that out of my system. Yeah, Mets, I probably have benefited from white privilege, even in ways that I may not even be fully aware of. But I'd gladly share that privilege with everyone in the U.S. if I could. I'm not wealthy, I don't hold a position of power or influence, but if I did I'd at least try to give back what I got without thought of race, religion, or culture.
    The infographic doesn't seem to be about white privilege, as much as the idea that the country has normalized aspects of white culture, although I would have hoped people employed by the Smithsonian could make that argument without suggesting the scientific method and patience are unique to white culture.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I’m surprised the Smithsonian wasted space on this garbage.
    It's ridiculously insulting.

It reflects the attitudes of higher-ups at the Smithsonian (the people who wrote it, and everyone up the chain of command who agreed with it) who are presumably well-educated and carefully selected for their jobs.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ultimate Member

I actually saw the Biden one, which was really odd.

Joe Biden, Elon Musk, Apple, Uber, and others hacked in unprecedented Twitter attack

Be careful, don't fall for it and don't share it if you see it.
    So they can hack Twitter and they use this crappy scam?

I posted the stuff again to demonstrate that I had addressed a question well before you asked it.

I don't think you're doing this intentionally, but someone acting in bad faith could act in similar ways to what you've been doing, mischaracterizing a comment or asking someone a question they've just answered, and then blaming them for repeating themselves if they take the time to point out the truth.

As for intellectual laziness, do you really think I spend less time and effort understanding perspectives on the other side than the average person (be it the average citizen, the average consumer of current events, or the average poster on this board)? Do you think I engage with people I disagree with politically less often or in a lazier manner than the average person?

That's messed up.

And it could have been worse.

Imagine if they had the Obama account tweeting out something nuts/ untrue ("I know for a fact Hillary Clinton had Epstein killed." "It pains me to say this but Joe Biden is clearly too senile to be President. He should step aside and Democrats should nominate Bernie Sanders in his place." "It pains me to say this, but Ruth Bader Ginsburg is not fit to be on the Supreme Court. She should resign immediately." "One of the most vile forces in modern American politics is the SWERF (Sex Worker Exclusionary Radical Feminist) and we need them out of office NOW!" "This is difficult for me to say but after 27 years of marriage and two beautiful daughters, Michelle and I will be getting a divorce. Please respect our family during this difficult time." "Rush Limbaugh is the only honest man in America.") or if that they had tried to make their money by auctioning access to the account, and letting the highest bidder post whatever they want?
    I don't believe you've ever offered a single thing to this forum worth considering. You just "ask questions" and then retreat from taking any actual stance.

Maybe cowardice is a better word than lazy.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 07-15-2020 at 05:13 PM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

I'm aware of that. My point was that the people who had access to Obama's account could have done worse things with it than a minor bitcoin scam.

I wonder if a potential reason to not go after Trump is that hacking the sitting president comes with potentially harsher punishments.

The infographic doesn't seem to be about white privilege, as much as the idea that the country has normalized aspects of white culture, although I would have hoped people employed by the Smithsonian could make that argument without suggesting the scientific method and patience are unique to white culture.

It's ridiculously insulting.

It reflects the attitudes of higher-ups at the Smithsonian (the people who wrote it, and everyone up the chain of command who agreed with it) who are presumably well-educated and carefully selected for their jobs.
    I actually wasn't paying attention to the graohic all that much, I just read the article you linked to. I knew thet graphic was wierd.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Trump Demotes Campaign Manager Brad Parscale.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I'm not surprised. He has to blame someone for his sagging numbers, and it couldn't possibly be the the fact that he's been repeatedly shown to be an ineffective leader and derelict in his duty.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    I don't believe you've ever offered a single thing to this forum worth considering. You just "ask questions" and then retreat from taking any actual stance.

Maybe cowardice is a better word than lazy.
    The personal attacks diminish you.

I don't think you can argue in good faith that I'm less willing to express positions that are unpopular in this message board than the average participant on this forum. I'm always glad to answer a non-loaded question if anyone's unclear about where I stand on any issue.

I'm willing to say stuff that pisses off the left and the right. Left-wing posters have called for me to be banned, and some right-winger did a youtube video about how much he hates me.

I do try to be precise, and focus on a question at hand, rather than viewing every issue as a proxy for which side is right. The main time I might seem evasive is when I'm working out a controversial question myself and/ or do not know the answer. As a general principle, I do think it is better to acknowledge uncertainty and to take care to avoid saying things that may turn out to be untrue.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

The personal attacks diminish you.

I don't think you can argue in good faith that I'm less willing to express positions that are unpopular in this message board than the average participant on this forum. I'm always glad to answer a non-loaded question if anyone's unclear about where I stand on any issue.

I'm willing to say stuff that pisses off the left and the right. Left-wing posters have called for me to be banned, and some right-winger did a youtube video about how much he hates me.

I do try to be precise, and focus on a question at hand, rather than viewing every issue as a proxy for which side is right. The main time I might seem evasive is when I'm working out a controversial question myself and/ or do not know the answer. As a general principle, I do think it is better to acknowledge uncertainty and to take care to avoid saying things that may turn out to be untrue.
    You're the worst, Burr.
    Pull List:

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Fallout from the Tulsa debacle or something more recent?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    I'm not surprised. He has to blame someone for his sagging numbers, and it couldn't possibly be the the fact that he's been repeatedly shown to be an ineffective leader and derelict in his duty.
    His numbers aren’t going to get any better. He’s going to get more frustrated when Biden announces his VP and gets the headlines. I’m expecting Trump to drop Pence by the RNC and choose either Elise Stefanik or Nikki Haley. Could be a huge help with his sagging poll numbers in the suburbs. It’s a move that worries me as it could be a pretty big game changer.

And he only stole 250 million from the GOP
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!