Page 553 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 5345350354354955055155255355455555655756360365310531553 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,295 of 75153
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Wow. I didn't think the depravity from the party of 'family values' couldn't get worse. She's basically saying not to feed your kids a meal and give her the money instead.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I’m sure WBE has already profiled this harridan, if not, she needs to be put in the queue.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Wow. I didn't think the depravity from the party of 'family values' couldn't get worse. She's basically saying not to feed your kids a meal and give her the money instead.
    I think I've heard of talk about 'Coffee Money' donations or something like that, but never an entire meal.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

I think I've heard of talk about 'Coffee Money' donations or something like that, but never an entire meal.
    In her defense, a lot of her supporters are morbidly obese.

This video needs to be everywhere.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Yeesh. Besides the obvious problem of whoever edited this image together ignoring the issue of treating the American flag as anything but a flag (seriously, everyone remembers Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction" that one Super Bowl, but nobody remembers the fact Kid Rock paraded around wearing the flag as a freaking poncho), there's also the issue of viewing a sitting president as if he's a strongman, defending the country from the forces of (imaginary) evils. People on both sides tend to glorify the president if it's on their side a bit too much sometimes, but with Trump in particular, there has been a reverence you haven't seen outside of authoritarian nations.

And, if I wanted a poster of something featuring an insane kook known for hateful rhetoric with a large feline, I would grab one of these:

Can you believe this thing only sold 17 copies back in the late 1970s?

I could probably think of a dozen more noble or practical reasons to skip a meal than to give the money to a politician, especially one as repugnant as Martha McSally.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Here is a hypothetical

The Republican Conference is coming up. What if, instead of accepting the nomination for president, Trump says something like, "Forget this, I don't want to be President anymore. Go find someone else to do it, I quit."

How much of an uproar would that cause?

Won't happen. Trump may hate being President, but he wants to win so he can finish a second term. Then no longer being president isn't a choice.

Quitting isn't something he's going to do. He's a "winner".

Senator Martha McSally asking her constiuents to go hungry so they can afford to donate $5 or $10 to her...

Meanwhile, six weeks ago she was trying to give millionaires a tax break if they would spend $40,000 on vacations.

So... how about f*** you, Martha.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

House passes bill to reverse U.S. Postal Service changes

The House voted 257-150 on Saturday to give the U.S. Postal Service $25 billion and reverse operational changes made during widespread mail delays. 26 Republicans supported the measure, but the bill is unlikely to move forward after a White House veto threat.

Why it matters: More Americans than ever are expected to vote by mail during the coronavirus pandemic, but on-time delivery for priority and first class mail has continued to drop since early July.
    Screenshot_2020-08-22 Rep Eric Swalwell on Twitter.jpg

Twitter Link
    Last edited by Tami; 08-22-2020 at 04:21 PM.

What Melania Trump has done to the Rose Garden can never be forgiven. She literally gutted Jackie Kennedys garden tribute to her husband, JFK. That Rose Garden was part of our history and she destroyed it.
    Twitter Link

It's now being called a cemetery or mausoleum
    Last edited by Tami; 08-22-2020 at 04:40 PM.

Here is a hypothetical

The Republican Conference is coming up. What if, instead of accepting the nomination for president, Trump says something like, "Forget this, I don't want to be President anymore. Go find someone else to do it, I quit."

How much of an uproar would that cause?
    Not going to happen. Trump would sooner eat ground glass and wash it down with antifreeze before he says “I quit”. The only way that were to happen would be if Pence takes over and pardons him, and I suspect Trump doesn’t trust him to do that.

I’m surprised they don’t have Barron on the list as a speaker to counter the feel good story from the DNC that was 13 year old Brayden Harrington.