Page 188 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 881381781841851861871881891901911921982382886881188 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    The mans death is very tragic, but its readily apparent that American Authority wants a fight. If the police are assaulting people with their riot gear imagine how bloody its going to get wgen people with guns are walking the streets.
    It'll get bloody... though that's not necessarily enough of a reason not to act if the riots can't be stopped any other way.

The police have their opportunity to at least try and stop this before the military is called in ... hopefully they can make something happen. And of course the rioters themselves have the opportunity to stop it anytime they choose.

As harsh as it sounds, if it's a choice between the lives of the rioters and the lives of the innocent victims of the rioters you go with the later over the former. Will the military be as surgical about it as we would like? I'm guessing no unfortunately... but at a certain point enough is enough.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Try telling that to Officer Dorn's Family. Its not wanting to kill, its maintaining order and keeping Citizens that actually follow the law safe. I trust our Military, not the maniac that other people voted into the White House

Seriously? Yes, its heartbreaking about Mr Floyd's Death. Anybody that watched that video can tell this was murder. However this was taken beyond too far.

But Rioting and looting is in no way the answer. You have these groups like BLM that bust a nut if a White Cop kills a Black Man. (They sure as hell don't care about David Dorn or black on black crimes) And before you decide to lash out at me, just think about this. If the races were reversed in that scenario. Hell, if the victim was Asian, White, or even Latino. The world wouldn't blink twice and we definitely wouldn't be experiencing these riots.
    This really sums up how entrenched white supremacy is in America. If a black cop murdered a white man by pressing his knee on to his neck for eight minutes, asphyxiating him, that cop would’ve already been given a lethal injection or be having from a tree.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    This really sums up how entrenched white supremacy is in America. If a black cop murdered a white man by pressing his knee on to his neck for eight minutes, asphyxiating him, that cop would’ve already been given a lethal injection or be having from a tree.
    So I'm a White Supremacist now because I don't sympathize with looters? (I'm half-latino by the way and my wife is from China)

Ok, so when was the last time you heard or read a Black Officer taking any heat for a murder of a person with a different race?
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 06-03-2020 at 03:17 PM.

Mighty Member

So I'm a White Supremacist now because I don't sympathize with looters? (I'm half-latino by the way and my wife is from China)
    Lol I can't hate blacks I am not white! What's the other half of the latino btw?

Ok, so when was the last time you heard or read a Black Officer taking any heat for a murder of a person with a different race?

Like I said, lash out all you want, that race comparison scenario was completely true
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooti...Justine_Damond
    And what do you know, he was convicted. Daniel Pantaleo is still free. The most interesting part was he killed Eric years earlier and still faced a wristslap the same year Mohamed Noor was sent to prison.
    Last edited by Farealmer; 06-03-2020 at 03:42 PM.

Intermediary

Black officers get fired for trying to stop fellow officers using excessive force

thats a thing that actually happens

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Special squads trained to deal with prison riots.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    For a variety of reasons, I find the notion of Trump bringing the military into it very frightening ESPECIALLY if he doesn't have the governors support.

That said... if the police can't put down the riots and if the riots don't just sort of fizzle out on their own, then it's probably necessary. They can't be allowed to continue indefinately. They need to end one way or the other. But I'm hoping there's another way.
    The police putting down "riots" is how peaceful protests turned into riots in the first place. I just think putting this down violently will backfire. Maybe not now, maybe it will stop the protests, but when this same thing happens again this will all start over but worse. Just like the last several times this has happened.

Intermediary

James Mattis today

MATTIS: "I have watched this week’s unfolding events, angry and appalled... The words ‘Equal Justice Under Law’ are carved in the pediment of the United States Supreme Court. This is precisely what protesters are rightly demanding. It is a wholesome and unifying demand."

Out of the southeast corner of rural Washington state.

Officers, deputies, and armed citizens showed up in force, ready to protect businesses from vandalism and looting.
    https://www.610kona.com/second-night...t-materialize/

This happening anywhere else? Armed citizens working with local PD?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mighty Member

https://www.vox.com/2014/5/30/576438...e-at-a-toddler
    But the protesters are the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    James Mattis today
    That's not even the good part.

“Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...re-leadership/
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    The police putting down "riots" is how peaceful protests turned into riots in the first place. I just think putting this down violently will backfire. Maybe not now, maybe it will stop the protests, but when this same thing happens again this will all start over but worse. Just like the last several times this has happened.
    It almost certainly WILL have consequences... consequenst me and I'm sure a lot of people aren't comfortable with. That said, the riots need to stop. I say riots, not protests. BUt when we're at a point where buildings are being burned down and innocent victims are being murdered trying to defend their homes, something needs to be done. It's just not acceptabel after a certain point... the government isn't doing their job if they're not putting an end to it. Ideally the riots will stop themselves or the police can do it. But it has to end one way or another... and it WILL end one way or the other.

And it's just as much up to the rioters as it is the Trump and the Governor. They can choose to stop. If they don't, then in the least I feel better about the rioters fighting the US military instead of the innocent owners for the cormer mom and pops stand. The rioters at least know what they are getting into and are willingly making that decision... which is more than I can say for the victims of the rioters.
    Last edited by XPac; 06-03-2020 at 03:55 PM.

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    That's not even the good part.

“Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...re-leadership/
    Its telling, since id say late 2017 and 2018 where longtime officials, folks who have served multiple Presidents going back to Nixon leaving the civil service, saying that this administration is the most divisive and agenda driven theyve ever had the displeasure to serve and walking away

Astonishing Member

Protest at Floyd's hometown in Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    Its telling, since id say late 2017 and 2018 where longtime officials, folks who have served multiple Presidents going back to Nixon leaving the civil service, saying that this administration is the most divisive and agenda driven theyve ever had the displeasure to serve and walking away
    "The sections in US History eBooks on COVID-19 and the race riots he personally fanned will be bigger that his section of this time. But he's used to coming up short."

Penis joke, hah.