Astonishing Member

I suspect the Biden presidency will be just about average but after the last man to hold office(I shall not name him) average is going to be the new great for a while. One can only go up from that. Biden will be a run-of-the-mill president who will symbolize a return to normalcy after the four dangerous Democracy-challenging years and I’d take that over whatever the heck that mess was for the past four years. I never thought I’d be this happy to have a boring person in the White House again but here we are.

Safe and boring is always better than dangerous and bad, which Trump was.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-20-2021 at 01:05 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    So what are we going to talk about for the next 4 years?
    Why was Bernie Sanders dressed like someone's grandpa going to the post office?

Boisterously Confused

On social media, I'm already seeing the moderate suburbanites of my acquaintance bemoaning the beginning of a depressing page in history. No support of 45 or missing the guy, but a genteel lament about how terrible things are going to be.

Guess they belong in the "all it takes is for good men to do nothing" section of the audience.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

feels...........good knowing that clown is out of office.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Now we just need to stay awake for the midterms.
    Given our propensity as a populace to check out for mid-terms when our candidate wins the White House, we need to be cognizant of the importance of not being complacent while allowing ourselves to feel relieved.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Fox made the call much earlier than other networks, when many of the results were still outstanding.

The. Call. Was. Correct.

It was good for the country that Fox News made the announcement, because it prevented Trump from being taken seriously when he lied.
    You say this like you're upset he couldn't convincingly pull off the Big Lie. The one that he did anyway, but not enough people believed. But the ones who did believe, were inspired to carry out a violent coup attempt for him.

I'm gonna repeat something I've advised... you don't have to carry water for Donald Trump, whether you realize you're doing it or not, you still are. You can do the sane thing and stop. Hell, Mitch McConnell is the ultimate partisan f***snake, and even he's given it up.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

So what are we going to talk about for the next 4 years?
    Probably the continuing soulless downward spiral of the GOP.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Him getting impeached in the Senate.
    His first day in a NYC court house to stand trial for his many, many NY state crimes.
    His first day in a Georgia court for attempting to coerce over turning their state election
    Should be a fun year for the biggest Loser.
    Not to mention, now that there aren't administration officials ignoring subpoenas, how much the public is going to learn about the corruption within the Trump administration. Biden can declassify any one of his insane phone calls with world leaders that are "hidden" on the bin Laden server.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Why was Bernie Sanders dressed like someone's grandpa going to the post office?
    Because that's peak Bernie, and I or one salute him for keeping it 100%.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member

Not going to lie, I really didn’t like that Mitch McConnell and Ted Cruz attended the inauguration. I get trying to send the message of “unity” and bipartisanship but people like them enabled Trump’s garbage for 4 years. They don’t deserve to be at the inauguration.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Some QAnon followers lose hope after Inauguration

Some QAnon conspiracy theorists, in public and private internet forums and chat rooms, were despondent Wednesday as their prophecy of an Inauguration Day coup to keep Donald Trump in power failed again as President Joe Biden was sworn into office.

The situation left some QAnon adherents with no choice but to write off the conspiracy theory entirely, though others continued to maintain that it was still developing.

QAnon supporters believed Wednesday’s inauguration was an elaborate trap set by the former president, wherein Democrats would be rounded up and executed while Trump retained power. Various other doomsdays theorized by the QAnon community have also come and gone without incident.

But unlike those past days, Biden's inauguration leaves the community with little daylight. As their predictions failed, radicalized QAnon members expressed their betrayal on messaging apps like *******m and forums named after their failed doomsday scenario, The Great Awakening.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I suspect the Biden presidency will be just about average but after the last man to hold office(I shall not name him) average is going to be the new great for a while. One can only go up from that. Biden will be a run-of-the-mill president who will symbolize a return to normalcy after the four dangerous Democracy-challenging years and I’d take that over whatever the heck that mess was for the past four years. I never thought I’d be this happy to have a boring person in the White House again but here we are.

Safe and boring is always better than dangerous and bad, which Trump was.
    I don't think Biden's presidency will be boring or average given the set of challenges in front of him. Biden's not really an ideologue, he's someone who will sign whatever the Dem agenda is, and the agenda is pretty left of center from where it was under Obama. I think he's mainly aiming to be be a custodian of Obama's Presidency, in the aim to consolidate and extend some of the gains made under Obama and possibly reclaim as much that was undone by Trump, and extend that going forward.

Biden I think will be the Grant to Obama's Lincoln. And people said Grant was a boring/bad/mediocre President for decades and it's only recently, warts and all, people are realizing how important that administration was in a lot of ways.

Bernie at the Inaugural

NYC Instagram is so quick

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Bernie at the Inaugural

NYC Instagram is so quick

Bernie Sanders...Chair of the Senate Budget Commitee, leading by example.

Seriously this is the biggest position Bernie has gotten in his career, and is one of the first times a major leftist has gotten a shot at real power for decades. The Senate Budget Committee is one of the most powerful roles in the Senate and it's a major deal.

I hope Bernie does really well.

Boisterously Confused

I was just coming here to post this. It's hard to feel bad for the ones realizing they've been fools, but I'm glad the movement may be losing some of its power.

At the same time, I wonder how much of the "stay with us, it's not over" nonsense is just grifters just trying to keep suckers on the hook.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I was just coming here to post this. It's hard to feel bad for the ones realizing they've been fools, but I'm glad the movement may be losing some of its power.

At the same time, I wonder how much of the "stay with us, it's not over" nonsense is just grifters just trying to keep suckers on the hook.
    Never count out the Right.

Everyone thought that Obama being President would end neoconservatism, instead it became the Tea Party, which in time became MAGA.

The next mutation is nigh.

Next four years. We are going to be outraged that with only an extra Veep vote in the Senate and 15 in the House we don't pass Universal Healthcare, revamp the tax system with a top rate of 75%, outlaw assault weapons and eliminate Police brutality.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!