BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Trump never has been able to break into NY society. He's only one generation removed from a grandfather Friedrich Trump (the original family name in Germany was Drumpft) that ran a restaurant & brothel during the gold rush days in the Yukon. His business was very profitable and his son Fred Trump would use this inheritance to begin his real estate empire . His biggest nemesis in New York is former Vanity Fair editor in chief Graydon Carter, who frequently referred to Trump as the short fingered vulgarian in his columns.

And it's not just NYC's elite that don't like him, it's practically the whole city since he was trounced there in 2016 by Hillary
    Trump is obviously reprehensible, but those upper crust New Yorkers can all go jump in a lake too as far as I'm concerned. I mean, if they had been able to put aside their snobbery for one second and just let Trump into their stupid little circle, then maybe the country wouldn't have had to suffer all the consequences of his bitterness over their rejection.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Trump is obviously reprehensible, but those upper crust New Yorkers can all go jump in a lake too as far as I'm concerned. I mean, if they had been able to put aside their snobbery for one second and just let Trump into their stupid little circle, then maybe the country wouldn't have had to suffer all the consequences of his bitterness over their rejection.
    Maybe they just didn't want to have hors d'oevres with a racist and rapist?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Because billionaires are so well known for showing respect toward minorities and women. Peel away all that taste, etiquette, and feigned concerned for social problems, they are all the same evil little bastards on the inside that Trump is, and maybe him wearing that on his sleeve so openly reminded them too much of that which is why they rejected him.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Tend to doubt that...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/17/n...ce-racism.html

Elite N.Y.C. Girls’ Schools Have a Racist Culture, Black Alumnae Say

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I think MAGA started as a workers having decent pay again and maybe that is what it means to a lot of people. But it quickly degenerated into something else because the white nationalism is what Trump played to. Had he rejected the white nationalism, stuck to jobs, really cared at all about middle class workers or anybody else and had any competence, well, that would not be Trump.
    I will remind you that his campaign started with "Mexicans are rapists". It always was goddamned white nationalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Trump never has been able to break into NY society. He's only one generation removed from a grandfather Friedrich Trump (the original family name in Germany was Drumpft) that ran a restaurant & brothel during the gold rush days in the Yukon. His business was very profitable and his son Fred Trump would use this inheritance to begin his real estate empire . His biggest nemesis in New York is former Vanity Fair editor in chief Graydon Carter, who frequently referred to Trump as the short fingered vulgarian in his columns.

And it's not just NYC's elite that don't like him, it's practically the whole city since he was trounced there in 2016 by Hillary
    He's always been a bully, an ***hole, a racist, and a slumlord, from the first time the newspapers mentioned him in 1973. And as is established, he's a man incapable of empathy, soul-searching, or any change in behavior. This is who he's always been, and always will be.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

On this date in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, as well as 2020, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day posted profiles of the current U.S. House Representative for North Carolina’s 8th District, Richard Hudson, who is one of the Birthers among the Republican caucus, having once told an assembled crowd that “President Obama is hiding something about his birth certificate”, and called for legislation to investigate it. Hudson also not only voted for the 2013 Government Shutdown, but when the vote came to reopen the government, he voted to keep it closed. He also took part in the 2014 GOP efforts to stir up fears over Ebola, calling for both a travel ban, and writing an official letter to blame the outbreak on President Obama. Hudson also voted against the renewal of the Violence Against Women Act, and during debate about the SNAP food stamp program, called for drug testing on welfare recipients to be implemented nationally (since it’s done so well failing as a practice at the state level). Richard Hudson has been quite the conspiracy theory lover in his first few years in the House, already demanding answers about Benghazi, the non-scandal that was the “IRS Scandal”, and trying to cut funding towards the implementation of the United Nations’ Agenda 21 treaty. During the GOP's faux-outrage over the Planned Parenthood "sting" videos supplied by the Center for Medical Progress that were proven to be edited to mislead the public, Hudson not only voted to defund the organization, but boldly proclaimed himself as believing that life begins at conception. While Congress was mostly quiet through a tumultuous 2016 election campaign (and with some of the fewest working days in Congressional history), Rep. Hudson spent most of the year demonizing the Environmental Protection Agency, including trying to block any restrictions they might place on Motorsports events, playing up this fight to the folks in his district whose passion for NASCAR surpass the needs of the planet itself. In July when he decided to target employees of the EPA by filing an amendment into their funding that would prevent any of their employees from flying on an airplane as a part of their job (like to places to conduct investigations of wrongdoing by anyone, y'know, ignoring EPA standards and polluting) as well as restricting any of these criminal enforcement employees from owning a gun they might need to do their jobs.

Our update for 2019 on Richard Hudson will include simply this moment… one of his first votes in Congress back in 2013 was to vote against Disaster Relief for those affected by Hurricane Sandy. We thought at the time that it seemed like there would be some hypocrisy coming on that vote, because after all, North Carolina, where Rep. Hudson is from, frequently is impacted by hurricane damage. And so it was that after Hurricane Florence this year, that he quite predictably wrote letters to Donald Trump to beg for him to allocate disaster relief to his district. Because of course this hypocritical little s*** did.

Hudson’s actions as a legislator over the past several years say it all:

We’re going to have to continue our new tradition of ending profiles of seditious, traitorous Republicans who egged on a coup attempt by encouraging whoever wishes to try out new swear words and clever insults directed at them in the comments. Hopefully it will be cathartic towards the anger they deserve for violating their oath of office.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

127 Republicans Who Voted To Overturn The Election Results Are Now Praising MLK

By refusing to certify the Electoral College results, these GOP lawmakers were denying the voices of Black voters who turned out heavily for Joe Biden. Big surprise, right?

Trump Administration’s ‘1776 Report’ Justifies Slavery, Three-Fifths Compromise

The report excuses America’s founders for owning slaves and defends the racist Three-Fifths Compromise as necessary to form a “durable union.” No surprise here either. All part of the racist legacy of Trump's toxic presidency.

Stunning ‘Field Of Flags’ Lights Up In National Mall Ahead Of Biden Inauguration

Nearly 200,000 flags are on display, representing the American people unable to attend. Pretty neat!

FBI Shares Photos Of Suspects Who Surrounded And Beat DC Officer During Capitol Riot

The FBI is looking for seven men who were involved in the assault of Officer Michael Fanone during the deadly Jan. 6 pro-Trump riot. Find the bastards, arrest the bastards, charge the bastards, JAIL the bastards!

Where Does The American Far Right Go From Here?

HuffPost spoke to David Neiwert, an author and expert on the far right. Where? Straight to hell, I hope!

Twitter Users Say ‘Good Riddance’ To Melania Trump’s Farewell Video

One person pointed out the video “is basically a subtweet of her husband that lists many of the reasons he’s an awful human being.” All things considered, NO ONE will miss Razor Cheeks as FLOTUS, or, as I called her, FFLOTUS (Fake First Lady Of The United States).
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 01-19-2021 at 02:41 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Pardoned by Trump, General Mike Flynn has been permanently banned by Twitter now.
    Last edited by PaulBullion; 01-19-2021 at 03:16 AM.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    [

Where Does The American Far Right Go From Here?

HuffPost spoke to David Neiwert, an author and expert on the far right. Where? Straight to hell, I hope!

**********).
    I've been an internet acquaintance of David's for years starting with his original blog, Orcinus, and his 'Rise of Pseudofascism' series in 2005 here: https://dneiwert.blogspot.com/The%20...%20Fascism.pdf
    Worth reading even now for its prescience.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    my problem with MAGA as a word is thus:

how can you make something great again when it was never great to begin with? unless you were white, male, Christian and straight, this country has never been "great".
    For some reason, "America Was Never Great" has not been used as political slogan.

One can simultaneously believe that the country is imperfect, but a net good.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The thing is the usual suspects turned it into something different and Trump went along with it. Exposing himself along the way.

That is what happens when you let others define your movement or not review what your movement is.

Look at comisgate. If they had focus on factual data and helping stores instead of targeting CERTAIN folks much like the MAGA movement-they might have gotten stuff done.

But both went with the one that attracted like minded folks.
    How others define a movement doesn't address how the people within it define it.

Comicsgate has several differences in that it was a niche movement, and social media harassment seemed to be part of it from the beginning. Obviously, there are trolls within MAGA, but 74,000,000 people voted for Trump, so the trolls are going to be a much smaller percentage. There is another question of how many Trump supporters would classify themselves as MAGA, but the most conservative estimate will still be in the tens of millions.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    This link is not helping your point
    How so?

In an earlier post, someone described Trump's view as "Citizenship is a privilege to be doled out to the chosen few."

Anyone who doesn't support open borders supports the view that citizenship is a privilege to be doled out to the chosen few. There might be a difference of degree, but you're still doling citizenship to some but not others.

When I've suggested that Democratic candidates and activists are sympathetic to de facto open borders, I get a lot of pushback, which suggests the consensus on the board is that Democrats generally believe that citizenship is a privilege to be be doled out to the few.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Today is Trump’s last full day as President of the United States. Tomorrow at noon Biden takes over his place; going from being president-elect to be the President. But what do you guys think Soon-to-be-former President Trump will be remembered for the most in history? The Muslim Ban or inciting the Capitol Seige attack?

I have a feeling today Trump is gonna do something nuts to cap off his presidency that might further tarnish his legacy than he already has(and that’s saying something). What crazy pardons is going to do today? I’m biting my finger nails in nervousness about how the series finale of the dark four year reality tv show that is the Trump administration ends.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-19-2021 at 05:46 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Today is Trump’s last full day as President of the United States. Tomorrow at noon Biden takes over his place; going from being president elect to President. But what do you guys think Soon-to-be-former President Trump will be remembered for the most in history? The Muslim Ban or inciting the Capitol Seige attack?

I have a feeling today Trump is gonna do something nuts to that might further stain his legacy than he already has(and that’s saying something). What crazy pardons is going to do today? I’m biting my finger nails in nervousness about how the series finale of the four year reality joke show the Trump administration ends.
    It's not the series finale. For the last arc, it's going to be a courtroom drama.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Because billionaires are so well known for showing respect toward minorities and women. Peel away all that taste, etiquette, and feigned concerned for social problems, they are all the same evil little bastards on the inside that Trump is, and maybe him wearing that on his sleeve so openly reminded them too much of that which is why they rejected him.
    Even then, it's ridiculous to blame them for the damage Trump did to the country and not 74,222,958 or even Trump himself. At the end of the day, Trump and Trump alone is the one responsible for his actions.

Today is Trump’s last full day as President of the United States. Tomorrow at noon Biden takes over his place; going from being president-elect to be the President. But what do you guys think Soon-to-be-former President Trump will be remembered for the most in history? The Muslim Ban or inciting the Capitol Seige attack?

I have a feeling today Trump is gonna do something nuts to cap off his presidency that might further tarnish his legacy than he already has(and that’s saying something). What crazy pardons is going to do today? I’m biting my finger nails in nervousness about how the series finale of the dark four year reality tv show that is the Trump administration ends.
    I predict he will be best known for smashing an employee's head in with a bust of Andrew Jackson in his final hour in the White House.

Hillary was right!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I think I heard that Trump will hold a speech somewhere while the inauguration is taking place. That figures to result in a dilemma for Faux News: will they cover Biden’s swearing in ceremony, or stick with their gravy train, even though it’s derailed?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!