Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Kinda odd that Trump's favorite attack dog took this stance regarding the election, especially while most of the GQP are still following the Donald's lead. If you ask me, this whole thing is fishier than the Baltimore Aquarium, something must be up with Graham for him to stray off the reservation.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Kinda odd that Trump's favorite attack dog took this stance regarding the election, especially while most of the GQP are still following the Donald's lead. If you ask me, this whole thing is fishier than the Baltimore Aquarium, something must be up with Graham for him to stray off the reservation.
    Nothing is up with him.

Sometimes, it is the obvious thing.

For "Business As Usual..." Republicans who might live long enough to have a political career once this is a thing of the past?

All this will amount to is the green that they wore on St. Patrick's day.

They won't be wearing it come Halloween.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Oh hey, Tom Cotton being a horrible person, what a surprise. Guess he's mad that Cruz and Hawley have been taking up too much of his spotlight recently.

Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) suggests the Associated Press colluded with Hamas:

“Did they allow themselves to be used as human shields … ?”

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It's Graham. Give it 24 hours and he'll say something that contradicts what he's saying now. This is the same guy who condemned the riot on 1/6 but then absolved Trump of all responsibility for said riot on 1/7.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Oh hey, Tom Cotton being a horrible person, what a surprise. Guess he's mad that Cruz and Hawley have been taking up too much of his spotlight recently.
    Slight tangent, but I got a kick out of the Onion article today inviting Israel to bomb their headquarters in case they have Hamas agents hiding out in their building. Gotta find the humor in the cruelty.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

What You Need To Know About The Supreme Court’s New Abortion Rights Case

The court, which now has a solid majority of conservative justices, could decide to wipe out abortion access in nearly half of U.S. states. This is nothing more than political theater to appease the bible thumpers. Anyone with half a brain knows that eliminating the law WON'T eliminate the practice. Rich men will simply send their women to states where the law is still in effect, or abroad for abortions while poor women will be forced back into the waiting arms of back alley butchers.

Oversight, Homeland Security Committees ‘Extremely Concerned’ After Pipeline Attack

Committee chairs said they were “disappointed” the operator of the nation’s largest gas pipeline refused to give details about its ransomware attack. If that happened once, it can happen again, it's only a question of when.

Fox News’ Juan Williams: GOP’s Loyalty To Trump Defies Political Reality

A dissenting voice of the right-wing network warned Republicans of their “losing bet” on the disgraced former president. No ****, Sherlock, but the GQP doesn't care, they've hitched their wagon to Trump and they're not getting off that ride.

GOP Voting Restrictions Will Make It Harder For People With Disabilities To Cast Ballots

People with disabilities reported improved voting experiences in 2020. But a wave of new restrictions could reverse hard-won progress. Qpublicans don't give a damn about this either.

South Carolina Law Forces Death Row Inmates To Choose Firing Squad Or Electric Chair

The state’s electric chair is 109 years old. Hell of a choice, right?
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 05-18-2021 at 01:25 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

So the Supreme Court has taken up an abortion case:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/supreme...pi-11621259099

Once again, a friendly reminder to everyone who didn't take the risk of the conservative supreme court majority poses to women's bodily autonomy as one worth considering: this is also on you.

Andrew Giuliani, son of former New York City mayor, announces 2022 bid for governor

WASHINGTON — Andrew Giuliani, the son of former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, announced Tuesday that he’s officially running for governor of the state in 2022.

The 35-year-old, who has never served in elected office and has limited political experience, launched a campaign website Tuesday with little information other than his biography.

“For New Yorkers, Andrew helped to preserve thousands of MTA jobs by facilitating CARES Act funding,” Giuliani's website says, referring to his time working as an aide under former President Donald Trump. “He also worked with the Treasury Department and Health and Human Services to ensure that the $3.9 million that had been inadvertently taken out of the 9/11 First Responders Fund over thirteen years and three administrations was completely refunded.”

Giuliani had been hinting at a bid for weeks, telling The Washington Examiner last month that he thinks he has a chance of winning.
    So, is he is WBE's queue yet? If a person with no political experience runs for governor based on his family name, and his family name is Giuliani....then again we have members of trump's family thinking of doing the same thing.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Last edited by Tami; 05-18-2021 at 06:41 AM.

Republicans eye new House majority through redistricting

Republican state legislators see this year’s decennial redistricting process as a prime opportunity to gain House seats in next year’s midterms — with some believing those gains alone can help the GOP take back the majority.

Legislators are preparing for the most public redistricting process in American history. Both Democrats and Republicans stand ready to accuse each other of radical gerrymandering, while advances in technology give each side the chance to draw ideal districts that are both pleasing to the eye and politically favorable.

Republicans start with an advantage.

Val Demings to run for Senate against Rubio

ORLANDO, Fla. — Florida Rep. Val Demings is planning to run for the U.S. Senate, rather than governor, providing Democrats with a big-name candidate to take on Republican Sen. Marco Rubio next year.

For months, Demings mulled which statewide office to pursue, but decided she could do the most good by taking on the two-term senator, according to several Democrats familiar with her thinking.
    “I would’ve supported her running for governor, but this is the right fit for her and for us,” said Alex Sink, a former Florida chief financial officer who narrowly lost her 2010 bid for governor against Rick Scott, who is now a senator.

“She’s going to draw a contrast between who she is and how she represents Florida vs. Marco Rubio, who a lot of people where I live never see him.”

Sink said she was recently on a Zoom call with Demings and activists with Ruth’s List, the Florida-based organization dedicated to electing women who support abortion rights, and it was clear that she and national Democrats felt she would represent the party’s best chance to put Republicans on defense as they try to take back the U.S. Senate.

A ‘Community for All’? Not So Fast, This Wisconsin County Says

WAUSAU, Wis. — A standing-room-only crowd packed a drab courthouse meeting room one recent night and tried to resolve a thorny, yearlong debate over whether Marathon County should declare itself “a community for all.”

The lone Black member of the county board, Supervisor William Harris, stood up and begged his colleagues who opposed the resolution to change their minds.

“I want to feel like I’m a part of this community,’’ he said. “That’s what a lot of our residents are saying. We want to contribute to our community. We want to feel like a part of this community.”

But a fellow board member was just as passionate at the meeting on Thursday in arguing that acknowledging racial disparities is itself a form of racism.

“When we choose to isolate and elevate one group of people over another, that’s discrimination,” said Supervisor Craig McEwen, a retired police officer who is white.

Well, this supervisor, who was of *course* a cop, is very stupid. Much of conservatism is working to erase our ability to discuss discrepancies. We can't talk about what we no longer have the ability to describe.

Ultimate Member

So now, 'All lives' don't matter?

My question is can you take a shot at someone or can you just 'stand your ground' with a shovel to the back of his head on your own property if you catch one of these fuckin' animals. A Black city councilman spoke out against police killings -- then he caught a cop urinating on his property

"Since this case with Andrew Brown, I've been out protesting," Adkins told The News & Observer on Monday. "I really feel like they are retaliating back against me. Maybe they didn't know I had surveillance, but it's a funeral home."

A councilman in Elizabeth City, North Carolina, says he has security video footage of a deputy urinating on his funeral home property, which is says was an act of retaliation being carried out by the deputy. The Herald reports.

"I'm just getting real worried I might be the next target, or they're trying to set me up," he said. "On top of it being a crime."

Adkins has partaken in multiple marches, some of which were organized by him, demanding the release of the full video documenting Brown's killing.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.