Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I love how Trumpers and the GOP are losing their minds over Biden insulting that reporter for Fox News. I am laughing so hard at how when Trump did it it was okay because they were mean to him. But Biden is being a bully for no reason. And that is not okay!
    They loved Trump for 'being tough' but turn into snowflakes when the same is turned against them. Not shocking

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Yeah i agree President Biden did some good things but he is not doing enough as he promised.

the voters (excluding me who didn't vote for him) traded a bad president for another bad president. At least they didn't trade a bad president for a worse one.
    The problem isn't Biden, it's 52 senators.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The problem isn't Biden, it's 52 senators.
    The guy ran on his ability to skin the catfish in question.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    The guy ran on his ability to skin the catfish in question.
    I thought he ran on being not trump? It's always shifting with you.

Regardless, that *still* doesn't make it his fault, and he was really just offering an out for Republicans who have ultimately declined to take it. That *still* isn't his fault and there's no left-leaning politician who'd have had been able to do it better. Anyone who thinks otherwise has no idea what they're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I thought he ran on being not trump? It's always shifting with you.

Regardless, that *still* doesn't make it his fault, and he was really just offering an out for Republicans who have ultimately declined to take it. That *still* isn't his fault and there's no left-leaning politician who'd have had been able to do it better. Anyone who thinks otherwise has no idea what they're talking about.
    Someone can run on more that just one thing...

As for "Fault..."?

No one made the guy pipe up and say "Hey, I can herd cats!..."

Is it his fault that those cats were never going to play ball? No.

Is it his fault once he says he can get them to play ball?

Yes.

"Basics 101..." -

You get the blame for stuff you said you would deliver on once it winds up in the ditch.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Someone can run on more that just one thing...

As for "Fault..."?

No one made the guy pipe up and say "Hey, I can herd cats!..."

Is it his fault that those cats were never going to play ball? No.

Is it his fault once he says he can get them to play ball?

Yes.

"Basics 101..." -

You get the blame for stuff you said you would deliver on once it winds up in the ditch.
    Sure, and that would be fine someone coming from someone who hadn't continually lectured us that he couldn't just run on being 'not-trump'.

I'm definitely going to blame the other people for slapping the extended hand and not the guy who extended it. The principle of the extension is what people want to see, after all, and maybe the guy doing the offering who you were sure would lose the election might just be better at these things than you are, even if we both know that there's zero point to negotiating with the GOP. It's pointless. But a lot of people still value 'bipartisanship', and I can't really blame Biden for making a good faith effort to encourage the Republican party to pretend Trump was the problem all along.

Regardless, had Sinema and Manchin let him nuke the filibuster, the GOP would eventually have zero choice but to actually come to the negotiating table. The filibuster actually prevents bipartisanship rather than preserves it, so reserve your disdain for the 52 cowards in the Senate.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 01-24-2022 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Sure, and that would be fine someone coming from someone who hadn't continually lectured us that he couldn't just run on being 'not-trump'.

I'm definitely going to blame the other people for slapping the extended hand and not the guy who extended it. The principle of the extension is what people want to see, after all, and maybe the guy doing the offering who you were sure would lose the election might just be better at these things than you are.

Please note that this doesn't mean that I agree with even bothering to try to work with the GOP. It's pointless. But a lot of people still value 'bipartisanship'.
    When they guy literally just called someone an S.O.B.?

That is a really, really weird approach to selling folks on that you were on the level about things being bipartisan and bringing the country together.

As for working with the problem children?

That would be a lot more relevant if he actually mathematically needed them.

The dude ran on "I can herd all of these cats..." He cannot even get all of the cats in his own party in line.

Again...

Folks can do two things at once.

Continuing to recognize the fact that Republicans are going to get in the way of getting things done even when there is something in it for them does not mean that you cannot also acknowledge the reality that selling yourself on "Get 'Er Done..." is something one should only be doing if they actually can.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/24/u...stricting.html

Court Throws Out Alabama’s New Congressional Map

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I'm sorry but calling a reporter a stupid son of a b-tch isn't Biden throwing away Bipartisanship. As Tendrin pointed out Biden from his 1st weeks tried getting Republicans and Democrats to work together on policies.

He tried working on it within his own party with Manchin and Sinema.

Blaming Joe Biden for not doing enough is beyond stupid. The man literally did everything for a year to get people in on his policies.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'm sorry but calling a reporter a stupid son of a b-tch isn't Biden throwing away Bipartisanship. As Tendrin pointed out Biden from his 1st weeks tried getting Republicans and Democrats to work together on policies.

He tried working on it within his own party with Manchin and Sinema.

Blaming Joe Biden for not doing enough is beyond stupid. The man literally did everything for a year to get people in on his policies.
    That was literally the one thing that the guy had complete and total control over doing/not doing.

Never mind that it is actually the exact opposite of bringing things together/bipartisan and a throwback to Trump doing the exact same garbage.

Past that, it's gonna be right there every single time that Republicans need a "Gimme..." now.

Also...

It ain't "Not Doing Enough..."

It's "Not Coming Through On Delivering When You Said You Were The One Who Could Deliver..."

You don't point the bat at center field unless you actually can hit a homer.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    His comedy is entertaining but I cant take him seriously on politics.
    He has writers for the comedy.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Here's a pretty decent list of what has actually been accomplished under the Biden administration.

https://twitter.com/What46HasDone/st...11526580584451

And that with a razor thin congressional majority.

...hey WBE?
    he governor also asked that the legislature create exceptions for rape and incest, requests that Rep. Beth Folsom, who wrote the ban, parried with two truly jaw-dropping explanations.

Rape victims, she said, do not require an exception because they closely track their menstrual cycles and therefore have more than enough time to terminate their pregnancies. As for victims of incest, Folsom assured that they’ll simply be cared for by their familial rapist.

“If they are still under the control of that aggressor, that aggressor is going to make sure that young girl or woman has an abortion before anyone finds out,” Folsom reasoned.

Folsom revealed that she had been a victim of rape many years ago, but did not get pregnant and did not face the difficult decision that other women face. A deeply religious conservative Christian, she projected her experience and beliefs on every woman in the state.
    https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...ape-and-incest

Have you got this rep?