Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Israel is being very deliberate in their targeting. The war will never end if Hamas is allowed to use countless innocent people as shields
    Perhaps, but we are still seeing images of children in Gaza being pulled from rubble, some alive and some not.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Perhaps, but we are still seeing images of children in Gaza being pulled from rubble, some alive and some not.
    John Kirby, your National Security Council Coordinator, just stated about an hour ago that Hamas cannot be the future governance of Gaza. This is very clear, the objective is very clear.

If cowards hide behind human shields, the onus is on them for what's happening to their own civilians.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    So what will Hamas be doing during the ceasefire?
    Probably getting more money from BiBi to prop them up, I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    John Kirby, your National Security Council Coordinator, just stated about an hour ago that Hamas cannot be the future governance of Gaza. This is very clear, the objective is very clear.

If cowards hide behind human shields, the onus is on them for what's happening to their own civilians.
    It's also cowardice to blow up a building of civilians to kill one person.

Hamas has both the ability to not hide among civilians and to release their hostages. Worth remembering
    Israel also has the ability to not bomb civilians.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Israel also has the ability to not bomb civilians.
    Has any mercy Israel has extended to Hamas ever once been reciprocated?

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

if someone is attacking me, then I have the right to defend myself, it doesn't mean I have the right to kill everyone in the immediate area of the person I'm defending myself from

the same is true here, Israel doesn't have the right to kill thousands of civilians in order to take out the Hamas targets that attacked Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    It's also cowardice to blow up a building of civilians to kill one person.
    They’re not targeting civilians. And they repeatedly told civilians, over the course of three weeks, to move out of there

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Starfish View Post
    if someone is attacking me, then I have the right to defend myself, it doesn't mean I have the right to kill everyone in the immediate area of the person I'm defending myself from

the same is true here, Israel doesn't have the right to kill thousands of civilians in order to take out the Hamas targets that attacked Israel
    So how do you take out the Hamas targets that attacked Israel, if they are using their own civilians as human shields?

I find it funny that some people seem happy to equate Israel and Hamas, as if they were the same or similar. This is very dangerous but also extremely dumb.

Mice with the colors of the Palestinian flag released in three MacDonald’s restaurants in Birmingham:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ngham-67284270

Does that mean that Israel shouldn't show any mercy to the Palestinian civilians? Hamas needs to go, but the people being kept there against their will aren't acceptable casualties yet. That will change as more time goes on and more of them die.

-----

I also still have my issues with telling people to leave without a place to actually go when leaving. Many countries could take in the Palestinians and aren't, and they should be ashamed of claiming to fight for the people they won't allow a safe haven. One country has land set aside for Palestinian use and isn't using it to give the civilians in Gaza a place away from the bombs. Any costs could be defrayed by global assistance which right now would be easily given, and the actual humanitarianism shown by doing so would help Israel's global reputation. A cease fire could allow for this to be coordinated. None of this will happen though, because right now the focus is on revenge by military-minded people in authority.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Starfish View Post
    holding the civilians of Gaza responsible, condemning them to death for the actions of Hamas is not justifiable

as awful as Hamas is, it doesn't mean that Israel can just ignore international laws and indiscriminately bomb the people who live in Gaza
    I would love to read what you think is a solution is for this then. Israel is now launching a ground attack. How else are they supposed to fish these guys out? The Hamas attacked first by launching THOUSANDS of rockets into Israel. Think they cared where they hit? All they wanted to do was kill Jews. When they invaded Israel, did they target their military? Nope, these brave 'freedom fighters' went after civilians, specifically women and children

So Israel fights back and now they're bitching and crying about the damage they're suffering? Israel gave them a warning, they even made them a fair deal where if the Hamas released the hostages, then food/electricity/medical supplies will be returned. Think the Hamas was concerned about Gaza and took the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    What is this "cultural assimilation" thing?

What even is American culture? The US is made of many distinct people with different cultural backgrounds. What culture should immigrants fall into to be considered part of society? Should they adopt white culture (I don't even know what that is), should they adopt Hispanic culture, should they adopt African-American culture? The US has no one unified culture so I really do wonder what culture they should slip into. If it's stuff like learning the language, that's fine but beyond that, I fail to see how the assimilation thing even begins to make sense.

A lot of refugees have issues with the countries they are living in because they were forced out of their own. Most people don't want to leave their natural environment and be forcefully moved somewhere else.
    Just go to youtube and type in something simple like 'Pro-Palestinian' I was referring to not doing crap like this:

Russia: Makhachkala, Pro-Palestinian Mob storms an airport looking for Jews, specifically women/children

Germany: Police report 65 officers injured at unauthorized pro-Palestinian demonstrations

United Kingdom: Pro-Palestine activist releases box of rodents into a McDonald's in Birmingham

What are these tough guys looking to accomplish attacking their host country like this?

Now try doing a similar search with 'Pro Israel'....you get none of this type of barbarism from them

I can't for the life of me get why anyone would support the Pro-Palestine way of thinking. (Especially our Universities) The Hamas attacked Israel first. They specifically slaughtered innocent women and children. Now they're upset because Israel is fighting back?
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 11-01-2023 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Does that mean that Israel shouldn't show any mercy to the Palestinian civilians? Hamas needs to go, but the people being kept there against their will aren't acceptable casualties yet. That will change as more time goes on and more of them die.

-----

I also still have my issues with telling people to leave without a place to actually go when leaving. Many countries could take in the Palestinians and aren't, and they should be ashamed of claiming to fight for the people they won't allow a safe haven. One country has land set aside for Palestinian use and isn't using it to give the civilians in Gaza a place away from the bombs. Any costs could be defrayed by global assistance which right now would be easily given, and the actual humanitarianism shown by doing so would help Israel's global reputation. A cease fire could allow for this to be coordinated. None of this will happen though, because right now the focus is on revenge by military-minded people in authority.
    Arab neighbors don’t want to take in Palestinians. Countries like Egypt and Jordan - who used to control Gaza and the West Bank, respectively - have clearly stated so. There are many reasons for that.
    Last edited by hyped78; 11-01-2023 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I would love to read what you think is a solution is for this then. Israel is now launching a ground attack. How else are they supposed to fish these guys out? The Hamas attacked first by launching THOUSANDS of rockets into Israel? Think they cared where they hit? All they wanted to do was kill Jews. When they invaded Israel, did they target their military? Nope, these brave 'freedom fighters' went after civilians, specifically women and children

So Israel fights back and now they're bitching and crying about the damage they're suffering? Give me a damn break. Israel gave them a warning, they even made them a fair deal where if the Hamas released the hostages, then food/electricity/medical supplies will be returned. Think the Hamas was concerned about Gaza and took the deal?

Just go to youtube and type in something simple like 'Pro-Palestinian' I was referring to not doing crap like this:

Russia: Makhachkala, Pro-Palestinian Mob storms an airport looking for Jews, specifically women/children

Germany: Police report 65 officers injured at unauthorized pro-Palestinian demonstrations

United Kingdom: Pro-Palestine activist releases box of rodents into a McDonald's in Birmingham

What are these tough guys looking to accomplish attacking their host country like this?

Try doing the same search with 'Pro Israel'....you get none of this type of barbarism from them

I can't get for the life of me why anyone would support Pro-Palestine way of thinking. (Especially our Universities) They attacked Israel first. They specifically slaughtered innocent women and children. Now they're upset because Israel is fighting back?
    To that list, I would add things like houses and buildings in Paris and Berlin being painted with the star of David, like the nazis did in the 1930s

https://news.sky.com/story/stars-of-...mayor-12997891

Of course, people who do this type of stuff should have no place in western societies
    Last edited by hyped78; 11-01-2023 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Arab neighbors don’t want to take in Palestinians. Countries like Egypt and Jordan - who used to control Gaza and the West Bank, respectively - have clearly stated so
    As I stated, they should be ashamed doing that. I also pointed out how Israel could respond to this situation using land that isn't being used in any other way funded by international $. Israel can do better than the US after 9/11, if they are encouraged by enough people to do so. Sadly the only ones that the Israeli Government will listen to are Israeli voters.