Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    So the firing was due to Chris Cuomo's involvement with his brother's defense during the scandal creating a Conflict of interest? Was it unfair to fire him? nope I don't think it was unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    No surprise there. Cuomo was living on borrowed time at CNN after it had been revealed he was helping his brother in the down low. It wasn’t a question of IF he’d get the chop, but WHEN.
    Even though Chris Cuomo was the most popular CNN anchor? So CNN could afford to lose their most popular anchor, but who will replace him? Which CNN anchor can keep up with his ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    So the firing was due to Chris Cuomo's involvement with his brother's defense during the scandal creating a Conflict of interest? Was it unfair to fire him? nope I don't think it was unfair.
    Andrew placed his brother in a very difficult position. Andrew could have said, 'Stay out of it' but I assume he didn't and maybe Chris felt he had little choice but to try and help his brother.

Chris bares some responsibility for what he did, and if it violated CNN policy then that is that. But I'd say that his brother bares more blame for placing Chris in a position where he had to chose between his family and his career.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Andrew placed his brother in a very difficult position. Andrew could have said, 'Stay out of it' but I assume he didn't and maybe Chris felt he had little choice but to try and help his brother.

Chris bares some responsibility for what he did, and if it violated CNN policy then that is that. But I'd say that his brother bares more blame for placing Chris in a position where he had to chose between his family and his career.
    i agree. with what you said. Andrew is a lousy and selfish brother for dragging and involving his family into his mess which only he created.

If only Chris had more spine, he would have said no to Andrew.

Chris's choice created a conflict of interest in helping his brother. Chris used his career to try and get Andrew out of his mess that had nothing to do with him or the CNN.
    It had nothing to do with CNN's interests but everything to do with Andrew's interests.

Astonishing Member

At the end of the day they did the right thing. There are other networks that let their personalities do WAY worse nightly and they just get more and more support.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Baldwin can come across as an entitled ******* - see the leaked phone message of him going off on his daughter, or getting kicked off a plane for refusing to turn off his phone for takeoff.
    And he wasn't even on an important call. He just wanted to finish his game of Words With Friends.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    For some reason the judge thinks the parents are a flight risk and tagged them with a 500,000 dollar bail.
    A flight risk? Those two fine upstanding pillars of the community? I can't imagine why any judge would consider them a flight risk...
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    i agree. with what you said. Andrew is a lousy and selfish brother for dragging and involving his family into his mess which only he created.

If only Chris had more spine, he would have said no to Andrew.

Chris's choice created a conflict of interest in helping his brother. Chris used his career to try and get Andrew out of his mess that had nothing to do with him or the CNN.
    It had nothing to do with CNN's interests but everything to do with Andrew's interests.
    This didn't seem to be anything about spine.

Chris wanted to help his brother. By all accounts, he didn't do a great job of it because other people in Governor Cuomo's office understood the media just as well as he did.

I've gotta agree with the argument that the right thing for him to do if he wanted to help his brother was resign rather than to have the obvious conflict of interest.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    And he wasn't even on an important call. He just wanted to finish his game of Words With Friends.
    Well he was about to play THE for a double word score!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    A flight risk? Those two fine upstanding pillars of the community? I can't imagine why any judge would consider them a flight risk...
    Heck, not even Kyle Rittenhouse’s mom bolted for the border like the Crumbley’s had done. And I read on Twitter that their lawyer spewed some nonsense that they weren’t running, rather they were in hiding. Yeah, right. Tell me another story. I may have been born at night, but not LAST night.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    This didn't seem to be anything about spine.

Chris wanted to help his brother. By all accounts, he didn't do a great job of it because other people in Governor Cuomo's office understood the media just as well as he did.

I've gotta agree with the argument that the right thing for him to do if he wanted to help his brother was resign rather than to have the obvious conflict of interest.
    Agreed. While I don't condone his decision to help his brother, it's to be expected that most people will try to help family so he should have indeed resigned.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Heck, not even Kyle Rittenhouse’s mom bolted for the border like the Crumbley’s had done. And I read on Twitter that their lawyer spewed some nonsense that they weren’t running, rather they were in hiding. Yeah, right. Tell me another story. I may have been born at night, but not LAST night.
    There is also a report that every time the police contacted him and asked where they were because he said they were going to turn them selves in he would answer

"They will be here at such and such time. "Well it is such and such time where are they?" "Well they now will be here at such and such time just wait."

Kind of sounds like he was trying to buy them time to run.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I wonder if they are heading North or East, trying to get to Canada, not that Canada wants them.
    UPDATE: Parents Of School Shooting Suspect Ethan Crumbley Apprehended

They failed to show up for their arraignment on four charges each of involuntary manslaughter but have since been taken into custody.
    Not sure if this is true or not, but I read they tried to get to Canada, bunt couldn't get in legally because Canada requires proof of vaccination, which they couldn't provide.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    It also was, "don't politicize the court".

It would have been hypocritical of her to push against that her whole career, then bail on it because the GOP don't play by the same rules.

However, it's the choice liberals are left with at this point, to have the moral satisfaction of being better ethically than your opponents, but you can feel good about that while they get another step closer to authoritarian dominion.
    That is pointless, letting the other side say ''You go high, so we can go low'', means they get to win almost all the time, rules are pointless if they do not apply to everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAbab8aP4_A

The courts have already been politicized, the cat is out of the bag.
    Last edited by The Overlord; 12-04-2021 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    That is pointless, let the other side say ''You go high, so we can go low'', means they get to win almost all the time, rules are pointless if they do not apply to everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAbab8aP4_A

The courts have already been politicized, the cat is out of the bag.
    the proposition that the law cannot protect anyone unless it binds everyone, and cannot bind anyone unless it protects everyone....
    Frank Wilhoit really nailed it with this.