Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I mean the interesting part to me is how he get rid of the obstacle of board members opposing the charter over and over. Just throw piles of cash at a PAC and get the board members replaced. I mean it's just nakedly unethical imo. Your bid gets turned down 2 times by GOP and Democrats on the council and you just buy a new board.

After the board denied approval for the second time in 2021, Heritage Board Chair Stuart Saunders and his family donated more than $250,000 to a political action committee called Texans for Educational Freedom. That PAC then donate more than $500,000 to local school board races and other candidates who have promoted conservative themes in the schools.

The group donated in four State Board of Education races, including well over $100,000 total in the bids to unseat board members Sue Melton Malone and Jay Johnson, Republicans who opposed Heritage.
    Teachers come from 'dumbest parts of dumbest colleges,' Tenn. governor's education advisor tells him

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — Hidden-camera video obtained by NewsChannel 5 Investigates reveals a recent closed-door reception with Tennessee's governor and a key education ally who repeatedly mocks the intelligence of public school teachers and questions whether they really care about what is best for their students.

That ally, Dr. Larry Arnn, president of Michigan's ultra-conservative Hillsdale College, also takes aim at diversity efforts in higher education, claiming people in those positions have education degrees because they are "easy" and "you don't have to know anything."
    Among Arnn's provocative remarks:

“The teachers are trained in the dumbest parts of the dumbest colleges in the country."
    “They are taught that they are going to go and do something to those kids.... Do they ever talk about anything except what they are going to do to these kids?"
    "In colleges, what you hire now is administrators…. Now, because they are appointing all these diversity officers, what are their degrees in? Education. It's easy. You don't have to know anything."
    “The philosophic understanding at the heart of modern education is enslavement…. They're messing with people's children, and they feel entitled to do anything to them.”
    “You will see how education destroys generations of people. It's devastating. It's like the plague.”
    “Here's a key thing that we're going to try to do. We are going to try to demonstrate that you don't have to be an expert to educate a child because basically anybody can do it.”
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 06-30-2022 at 05:20 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    To anyone who thinks Trump couldn't have gotten aggressive, a reminder....

Trump has a history of violence against women and anger control issues, and at his age, I wouldn't be surprised if he is getting even worse.
    C’mon, Tami! That was a WWE storyline, in other words….fake as hell! Maybe Trump had anger issues in the real world, but, in the rasslin’ ring? No way that was legitimate.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    C’mon, Tami! That was a WWE storyline, in other words….fake as hell! Maybe Trump had anger issues in the real world, but, in the rasslin’ ring? No way that was legitimate.
    Not saying it wasn't staged, however, from a psychological perspective, to actually do that in public shows that Trump enjoyed not only the attention but the act of physical violence.

If you were offered the chance to do that, would you? Would you do it and make it look real or would you hold back and make it obvious that it was staged? Would you enjoy doing it?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

From reports Trump actually believed a lot of WWE is real. There was jokes from wrestlers that he believed a good bit of what he did was real. Not a storyline in a sports entertainment company.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Not saying it wasn't staged, however, from a psychological perspective, to actually do that in public shows that Trump enjoyed not only the attention but the act of physical violence.

If you were offered the chance to do that, would you? Would you do it and make it look real or would you hold back and make it obvious that it was staged? Would you enjoy doing it?

Not to Defend Trump. I would for sure jump at the chance do to that! I watched WWF since I was a kid. Give me a chance at the biggest event of the year to do that? Im on it
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Both WBE and I posted facts about his violent behaviour. All you have is your opinion.
    You have facts about him attacking people weaker than himself, which I pointed out. As far as him fighting someone who can not only fight back but easily hand his fat orange a## to him? You also only have your opinion, and a clear bias and desire for this to be real clouding your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    An anonymous source says that those USSS guys say it didn't happen. And remember that there are USSS guys like Dan "Parler" Bongino.

I'd add this from a former FBI agent's twitter feed:
    So assume it's true from a second-hand source, but if the alleged victim denies it don't believe them? This is starting to sound like Q stuff as far as accepting reality. If we accept the MAGA premise that we get to have our own facts that's not going to be good for the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Probably not.

If someone legitimately believes that Roe VS Wade was poorly decided, or that Congress granted too much power to administrators, why should they wait to issue a decision on that?

John Roberts is 67. Samuel Alito is 72. Clarence Thomas is 74. They're all expected to stick around for a few years until Republicans have the White House and Senate again.

The problem isn't the realistic consequences of failure.

Pushing to get a constitutional convention and not having that votes may be embarassing, but the bigger concern is catching the car. If they were to get a convention, it would be unpredictable. What if left-wing activists dominate? What if right-wing activists push laws that piss off the voters?

I think the story is plausible.

Trump is too much of a coward to get into a fight with a secret service agent. But it's certainly conceivable that he would be pushy in an interaction with an employee who he figures would not hit back.
    On the Constitutional Convention, left-wing extremists are marginalized by centrist control of their party so they'd be fighting the centrists and the far-right. There'd be zero chance they'd have the votes to hijack the Convention. As far as Republicans being afraid to pass laws that p##s off voters, where have you been for the last few weeks? That's the point of this thing, to grasp power completely from a "tyranny of the mob" and enshrine minority rule among the chosen few.

I will give you credit for framing this Trump assault scenario in the most realistic case. If he saw these guys as attack dogs trained to jump on anything that was a threat to him but to stand and take it if he wanted to take a swing at them that might have given him the confidence to do so.

Certainly more likely than framing him as a "dangerous and violent" maniac willing to take on a Secret Service agent to be with "his people".

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post

So assume it's true from a second-hand source, but if the alleged victim denies it don't believe them? This is starting to sound like Q stuff as far as accepting reality. If we accept the MAGA premise that we get to have our own facts that's not going to be good for the country.

It's even more "Basics 101..." than that...

To buy into the idea that the person in question is lying(assuming they say nothing really happened...)?

You'd have to look past some seriously obvious, basic "Telltale..." stuff.

There is an investigation in progress.

if there is so much as an even remotely credible version of that this actually took place?

Then, the folks investigation the entire thing are willingly not investigating that tangent to any serious degree...

The person in question won't even be called up in front of them to testify...

If not?

You've got to ask yourself what the most logical reason is that the folks investigating it would choose not to turn over that sort of a stone.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    You know, the background villains in the Joker movie that cut off his access to meds and counseling and made him spiral downwards faster were probably Republicans.
    That movie was set in the early 80's, during the time of the Reagan cuts to social services...there's no doubt it was "republicans".

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    From reports Trump actually believed a lot of WWE is real. There was jokes from wrestlers that he believed a good bit of what he did was real. Not a storyline in a sports entertainment company.
    I mean, the man paid a lot to have WrestleMania be held back to back at the Boardwalk Hall (which for some asinine reason, was called Trump Plaza) in Atlantic City in the late 80s when, let's face it, few people would be interested in even going to Atlantic City in the first place.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    You know, the background villains in the Joker movie that cut off his access to meds and counseling and made him spiral downwards faster were probably Republicans.
    LOL....that's actually a good point.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    You have facts about him attacking people weaker than himself, which I pointed out. As far as him fighting someone who can not only fight back but easily hand his fat orange a## to him? You also only have your opinion, and a clear bias and desire for this to be real clouding your opinion.

Believing the sworn testimony of a White House insider is Qanon stuff?

How am I supposed to take your posts seriously from here on?
    Last edited by CaptainEurope; 06-30-2022 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Tony Ornato has, on multiple occasions, told others things happen, then when the media reports it, denies that it happened, even when there's evidence.

Unless he's under other, don't believe a word that f***er Ornato says, because he insists that orders weren't given to clear Lafayette Square, or that he told a National Security Advisor to remove Mike Pence from the Capitol on 1/6.
    Politely?

This starts to chase it's own tail pretty quickly if what you say in blue in indeed correct...

Let's go with the assumption that what you are saying about the guy in blue is correct.

Somehow, he can magically told the truth in the instance that someone just testified about and in this lone instance we can absolutely take what Ornato said as the Gospel truth?

Personally?

It's hard not to see how close that whole thing is to falling over like a house of cards.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Only if I were paid a king's ransom. Perhaps my opinion is biased since I gave up watching rasslin' in the late 90's, but today, I look at all like the live action cartoon it is, that's why I can't take it even remotely seriously.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The Ohio House introduced HB598 which will make it illegal to use Plan-B Contraceptive as well as IUD's
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.