Page 878 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 37877882886887487587687787887988088188288892897813781878 ... LastLast
Results 13,156 to 13,170 of 75153
    Fantastic Member

You know the Hunter Biden mess? Turns out there's a report stating Fox News doubted its credibility hence why they didn't run with it. Let me restate that, FOX NEWS didn't believe it was credible enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    You know the Hunter Biden mess? Turns out there's a report stating Fox News doubted its credibility hence why they didn't run with it. Let me restate that, FOX NEWS didn't believe it was credible enough.
    Yet they still talk about it.

IS the pee pee tape still on the news?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Youtube is pretty much the Fox News of the net stating early voting is killing it for Trump. One can only hope. As it’s not over until November. And all talk before hand has been wrong. So only Election Day. But still vote. Vote damnit like your life depends on it. Because for some people it does.

Fantastic Member

Trump is going along with the new debate rules that allow the muting of microphones. Pretty clear the ratings loss has annoyed him. That or he thinks he can just shout louder.

So desperate to appear on television. No matter what he is praised and booed. He just feeds off the attention like a net troll.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

When Faux News gives something a hard pass, you KNOW it stinks to high heaven.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Trump is going along with the new debate rules that allow the muting of microphones. Pretty clear the ratings loss has annoyed him. That or he thinks he can just shout louder.
    So either Trump is getting desperate and is willing to sacrifice some debate control to get more time in the spotlight or he’s planning to unload some of the craziest libelous conspiracy theories yet since Biden won’t be able to immediately call him on his bullshit. Possibly both. I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump gets so frustrated with being muted that he storms off the stage.

Obviously he’s going to bring up Hunter Biden every chance he gets since that seems to be the only thing his campaign can come up with. This was a headline on Fox News: “Trump to press Biden on Hunter Biden email stories if debate moderator doesn't, adviser says.” I hope Biden’s team has been working on clever ways to shut this down.

It’s going to be up to the moderator to keep him on topic. God save her soul.
    Last edited by Robotman; 10-19-2020 at 07:55 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

If I was Joe Biden's team I'd say ..."Biden intends to question Trump over investigations his sons are involved in and using the office to enrich himself."

Turn about is fair play. Joe needs to answer after he does once they ask him about his son. Look over , "Why will your son not answer questions from the New York Attorney General ? What is he and your family hiding ? We have statements that your using the office via properties to generate millions of dollars in profits for staying there. Answer that ?"

Watch how fast the wheels of anger and denial spin.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Last update: Even though Trump has not said it publicly, many net trolls on the right have stated if Trump loses, they will attempt a civil war with Trump as their leader to get it back and to kill all the commie scum,violence to news people/etc.

Now years ago would had found this a joke. But given this year/Michigan, and Oregon ( where crazy right wing whack jobs have attempted or done violence in Trumps name)

Well I fear for our democracy, but if the Maga cult were to invade, I would kill as many as possible by any means. No, I do not condone wanton murder, but I do believe in self defense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Last update: Even though Trump has not said it publicly, many net trolls on the right have stated if Trump loses, they will attempt a civil war with Trump as their leader to get it back and to kill all the commie scum,violence to news people/etc.

Now years ago would had found this a joke. But given this year/Michigan, and Oregon ( where crazy right wing whack jobs have attempted or done violence in Trumps name)

Well I fear for our democracy, but if the Maga cult were to invade, I would kill as many as possible by any means. No, I do not condone wanton murder, but I do believe in self defense.
    While a lot of red states like Texas went with the "nullification" response to federal laws during Obama...

I'm growing more concerned about militia groups in Idaho, east Oregon, northern Colorado, Montana, and the Dakotas. That country is less populated, and with their law enforcement and state governments controlled by conservatives... they're not going to get much pushback from those state governments in Idaho, Montana, and the Dakotas. Their presence might not just be tolerated, but encouraged.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 10-19-2020 at 09:54 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

A Civil War is only possible if Senators at the Federal and state level, alongside judges, soldiers, generals, and others all fall in line.

That's what made the American Civil War an actual Civil War. When it launched, actual elected officials at various levels defected to the Confederacy.

I don't see that happening if Trump goes down. MAGA types and other militias might launch attacks, terrorist reprisals, spree-killings and so on, and that's plenty dangerous but it would fall short of a legitimate civil war.

I don't see Mitch McConnell going to war to keep Trump in power. He's anti-democratic, oligarchical and corrupt yes, but absent a deeper economic-social justification (like slavery did for the McConnells of the Antebellum era), he's not gonna move.

I can see some mini riots if Trump loses. Or the supporter shooting a couple Biden backers maybe even going after state officals. But I dont see much from these militia groups happening. Oh they love to dress up and play soldier on the green with their nut job friends. Give each other ranks that dont mean **** outside their circle. They love to march into front of unarmed protesters and feel tough when 20 somethings back away from an armed man. But when they will face serious armed push back they will fold faster then Superman on laundry day. And lets be honest. The ones who are really thinking of doing something like that? Wont get off the ground. How many FBI agents are in these militia groups, or are talking with them. Despite what many think our law enforcement is not dumb. Most will be stopped before it gets started.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    If I was Joe Biden's team I'd say ..."Biden intends to question Trump over investigations his sons are involved in and using the office to enrich himself."

Turn about is fair play.
    Joe needs to answer after he does once they ask him about his son. Look over , "Why will your son not answer questions from the New York Attorney General ? What is he and your family hiding ? We have statements that your using the office via properties to generate millions of dollars in profits for staying there. Answer that ?"

Watch how fast the wheels of anger and denial spin.
    Biden is just smart enough to know to avoid any version of this discussion at all costs...

https://www.gq.com/story/joe-biden-bankruptcy-bill

How Biden Helped Strip Bankruptcy Protection From Millions Just Before a Recession
    Biden at the time stressed that he wasn't acting on behalf of the credit card companies, and as Matt Ygelsias writes at Vox, Biden's camp claims now that BAPCPA was an effort to get some concessions out of a Republican bill that would have been a bigger disaster without his intervention. But to his critics, there were red flags. For example, one of the biggest credit card companies in Delaware, MBNA, hired Joe Biden's son Hunter in 1996. Even after Hunter became a federal lobbyist in 2001, he stayed on at MBNA as a consultant at a fee of $100,000 per year, meaning he was pulling in a six-figure salary at the same time his father was pushing for the industry's top priorities. Biden's interests were so aligned with MBNA's that in 1999 he was forced to defend himself by declaring, "I am not the senator from MBNA." But even without the shadows of impropriety, critics of Biden's support for bankruptcy reform had plenty of fodder.

I am not entirely discounting their threat. As a local problem they could be bad. But any armed uprising against the government would require massive cordnation between the groups and that wouldn't go innoticed. An uprising will last as long as the american government says it will last.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I am not entirely discounting their threat. As a local problem they could be bad. But any armed uprising against the government would require massive cordnation between the groups and that wouldn't go innoticed. An uprising will last as long as the american government says it will last.
    While I don't want to sound too cynical, part of me thinks that there is probably an element of the Federal government that probably can't wait for some of the folks mentioned to step out of line.