Page 879 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 37977982986987587687787887988088188288388992997913791879 ... LastLast
Results 13,171 to 13,185 of 75153

The MAGA cult are giant pussies.

They will bitch and moan. Maybe 10 of them will protest in person and that will be all. Facebook will be a Hell hole for a couple weeks. They will retreat to their unexplained mysteries and conspiracy threads on reddit.

The real nutbags in Congress are the ones to watch. I can see them trying to pass minority party laws to hamstring things.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-19-2020 at 10:28 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    While a lot of red states like Texas went with the "nullification" response to federal laws during Obama...

I'm growing more concerned about militia groups in Idaho, east Oregon, northern Colorado, Montana, and the Dakotas. That country is less populated, and with their law enforcement and state governments controlled by conservatives... they're not going to get much pushback from those state governments in Idaho, Montana, and the Dakotas. Their presence might not just be tolerated, but encouraged.
    This is a reall danger, the cozyness of hard right figures and law enforcement, particularly in sheriff's departments, which will unilaterally negate federal laws again.

For example, there's this:
    https://www.rawstory.com/2020/10/amm...cked-liberals/

A new report says militia groups and far-right factions linked to the leader of a 2016 armed standoff with federal authorities at an Oregon wildlife refuge is gaining steam as the new front against government restrictions designed to stem the spread of coronavirus, the Kansas City Star reports.

The report from the Institute for Research and Education on Human Rights and the Montana Human Rights Network says that Ammon Bundy started the People’s Rights network in March, which has since grown to over 20,000 members. The network consists of militia members, anti-maskers, conspiracy theorists, doomsday preppers and anti-vaxxers.
    This is something he's only capable of because of law enforcement's failure to deal with the Malheur incident properly. There's no way he should be walking free at the moment.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

They will bitch and moan. Maybe 10 of them will protest in person and that will be all. Facebook will be a Hell hole for a couple weeks. They will retreat to their unexplained mysteries and conspiracy threads on reddit.

The real nutbags in Congress are the ones to watch. I can see them trying to pass minority party laws to hamstring things.
    I'm inclined to agree. When push comes to shove, those right wing loons are all bark and no bite. Sure, there figures to be a few lunatics that will try something stupid, but once they're put down by cops, that'll scare the rest back under their rocks from where they came. I also agree the real menace will come from he QAnon crazies who made it all the way to Congress and will raise all sorts of hell.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

They are.

But a lot of stuff they write...armed resistance to an elected government...is treasonous, and might well be treated as such if they were supporting a different cause.

Clearly it would be a waste of valuable jail space locking them all up, but once Joe is in charge maybe not worst idea in world to arrest and imprison a couple of the more extreme cases.

Along the same lines as Hunter making a buck off of being employed by a credit card company that his father was going to bat for...

https://www.startribune.com/minnesto...oll/569679322/

Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar's campaign keeps husband's political firm on payroll
    U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar’s campaign continues to work with a political firm founded by a longtime consultant she recently married, campaign finance filings show.

The Minnesota Democrat’s campaign paid E Street Group, a firm founded by her husband, Tim Mynett, $292,000 for advertising, fundraising, travel and other services between January and March of this year, according to a federal campaign finance report filed Wednesday.
    Omar defended the business relationship in a series of tweets last month, saying the campaign pays fair market value for the firm’s services. She first hired the group, which previously worked for Attorney General Keith Ellison, during her 2018 run for Congress.

“My relationship with Tim began long after this work started. We consulted with a top FEC campaign attorney to ensure there were no possible legal issues with our relationship. We were told this is not uncommon and that no, there weren’t,” she tweeted. “As a family, we are committed to the practice of joy, compassion and love in our politics. And we are giving ourselves the permission to be happy and hope others will as well.”

So, yeah...

It shouldn't come down to that you are actually committing a crime to stop you from knowingly putting campaign money right back into your husband's pocket.

Doesn't matter if our political priorities line up.

It is a simple matter to be a more upright public servant. You have options that don't involve having to put political money into your husband's pocket.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 10-20-2020 at 02:30 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    They are.

But a lot of stuff they write...armed resistance to an elected government...is treasonous, and might well be treated as such if they were supporting a different cause.

Clearly it would be a waste of valuable jail space locking them all up, but once Joe is in charge maybe not worst idea in world to arrest and imprison a couple of the more extreme cases.
    Mostly the ones who are actually violent instead of loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    What a meh question in the face of priorities. Pass.
    It was an opportunity for you guys to say something positive about someone who most of us are voting for, who will likely be elected President in two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Last update: Even though Trump has not said it publicly, many net trolls on the right have stated if Trump loses, they will attempt a civil war with Trump as their leader to get it back and to kill all the commie scum,violence to news people/etc.

Now years ago would had found this a joke. But given this year/Michigan, and Oregon ( where crazy right wing whack jobs have attempted or done violence in Trumps name)

Well I fear for our democracy, but if the Maga cult were to invade, I would kill as many as possible by any means. No, I do not condone wanton murder, but I do believe in self defense.
    It's not going to come to that.

The FBI in the Bill Barr justice department arrested the people planning to kidnap Whitmer. If a MAGA cult were to invade (what would than even look like?) the authorities will put them in jail.

For a frame of reference, I'd predict the MAGA protests and pushback will be on a much smaller scale than this year's Black Lives Matter protests.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    For a frame of reference, I'd predict the MAGA protests and pushback will be on a much smaller scale than this year's Black Lives Matter protests.
    I would hope so. The BLM people are protesting actual oppression, they're not likely to give up and go home.
    The MAGA and Anti-maskers are just starting trouble, they'll fold at the first opposition.
    Hopefully without anyone getting hurt, or anymore kidnapping plots.

In other news:

The Rock delivered an awesome speech as to how a President should act and asked “ Where are you mr president?”

It is not bashing but honest and shows the current guy is not fit to lead.

It goes mentioning he does have something at stake, he and his whole damn family caught a Covid and survived. So he has the right to bash this orange clown.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It was an opportunity for you guys to say something positive about someone who most of us are voting for, who will likely be elected President in two weeks.
    It's not a big deal and that was just one person. Just like we all thought Hillary would be president against this chump - don't get complacent, people. We can let our guards down when Trump''s officially lost the election.

It's not going to come to that.

The FBI in the Bill Barr justice department arrested the people planning to kidnap Whitmer. If a MAGA cult were to invade (what would than even look like?) the authorities will put them in jail.
    Trump won't need a civil war, only another Timothy McVeigh, which we know is possible with recent events. Barr still leading the Justice Department isn't going to encourage people that everything's ok with law enforcement keeping this under control. Lots of people would die unless they're caught before doing that, and there's more people dedicated to Trump than those losers.

Only if they got too spooked by the FBI, which is hardly a safe bet for group who recently committed multiple accounts of terrorism. MAGA "protests" include people who try to run over BLM supporters in cars.

Fantastic Member

Pennsylvania seems to be slipping to Trump. One of the latest polls means there's a 3 point down difference, meaning Biden is only up four points. (7 last week from the same poll).
    Last edited by ChangingStation; 10-20-2020 at 04:27 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    Pennsylvania seems to be slipping to Trump. One of the latest polls means there's a 3 point down difference, meaning Biden is only up four points. (7 last week from the same poll).
    Pennsylvania clearly is a battleground state which Trump won by less than one percent back in 2016. I’ve stated previously that he has the most support in the western half of the state with rural voters, but the campaign has been trying to make inroads here in the east, seen as Biden territory where I live (Philly) with lots of TV ads. Ive heard pundits say that whoever wins the Keystone State will win the election, whether or not that’s true is anybody’s guess, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Pennsylvania clearly is a battleground state which Trump won by less than one percent back in 2016. I’ve stated previously that he has the most support in the western half of the state with rural voters, but the campaign has been trying to make inroads here in the east, seen as Biden territory where I live (Philly) with lots of TV ads. Ive heard pundits say that whoever wins the Keystone State will win the election, whether or not that’s true is anybody’s guess, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case.
    I'm legit surprised at what's happened in Pennsylvania. It's a state that was once "comfort food" for democrats. I believe even John Kerry won that state against Bush in '04.

Now, it's very much in play.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    The polls are tightening at the moment everywhere at the moment.

Biden's lead in the swing states isn't as large as it was some weeks ago.

This is expected in the lead-up to the elections. And it means that Trump still has a real chance at re-election, which is absolutely mortifying.