Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I haven't read any of this beyond what you quoted, but I'm betting this was pushed through more by the students themselves, probably a student driven year book community. Not that it matters at all, because just letting teens openly be lgbtq and talk about it in a non-sexualized way is not adults sexualizing minors. Just letting kids and teens speak their own truth that they're gay or nonbinary or whatever else is not sexualizing minors. But that fact gets in the way of calling people they despise groomers and pedophiles in order to trigger other like-minded folk and try to con people who don't pay attention into thinking there's some validity to the claims.
    Most conservatives don't see teenagers as people. To them, they're just property incapable of independent thoughts or feelings and only ever stray when corrupted by something "the gays!" or whatever other bullshit they're crying about.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Most conservatives don't see teenagers as people. To them, they're just property incapable of independent thoughts or feelings and only ever stray when corrupted by something "the gays!" or whatever other bullshit they're crying about.
    Is that why conservatives want to date and marry them?

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Is that why conservatives want to date and marry them?
    We will have to ask Matt Gaetz.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

I understand that Licht and the new ownership are right-leaning folk, but they have to understand their audience.
    If he really was sorry, he'd immediately resign and disappear from public life forever.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    We will have to ask Matt Gaetz.
    Hey, this is the internet...don't go getting all truthful on us now.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

The Kakhovka dam, which spans frontlines across the Dnipro river in southern Ukraine, has been blown up. Millions of Ukranians will likely be affected by flooding and have to be evacuated. A nuclear plant under Russian control might also overheat for lack of cooling water.
    Last edited by CaptainEurope; 06-05-2023 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    The Kakhovka dam, which spans frontlines across the Dnipro river in southern Ukraine, has been blown up. Millions of Ukranians will likely be affected by flooding and have to be evacuated. A nuclear plant under Russian control might also overheat for lack of cooling water.
    A long feared Russian panic button. Things must look even worse for them than we'd dared hope.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Trump's lawyers met with Jack Smith and others at the DOJ yesterday. If Trump's truthing afterwoads is any indication, it went great.

Fx38dQ6WAAYq4KJ.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Trump's lawyers met with Jack Smith and others at the DOJ yesterday. If Trump's truthing afterwoads is any indication, it went great.

Fx38dQ6WAAYq4KJ.jpg
    Is it really still a witch hunt when the accused blatantly fesses up to the witchcraft when they forget they're being recorded and has a nasty habit of siccing their army of flying monkeys out to obstruct law and order?

I would just remind any Trump supporters of how a big part of his first Presidential campaign was claiming that he would be able to make deals and work with people so much better than "politicians". He was going to bring all of his amazing business savvy and just get everybody, members of opposing political parties, hostile foreign leaders, everybody was supposed to be charmed by this guy. He claimed over and over how easy it would all be for him. We all remember that, right?

Oh, I know! They all just hate him, just because he's Trump! If all the corrupt Liberals and Progressives out there were not conspiring against him, right?

But he's the master deal maker? How is it possible that so many people hate him??

Also, just a general comment on this thread being an echo chamber or "preaching to the choir" or whatever: The few random conservative posters have said that about every political forum I've ever commented on, despite the reality that I've never sought any "liberal" board. There's nothing that makes this place a designated "liberal" place. I think there is a great diversity of opinions here. You just never get many conservatives speaking up ... I think because realistically, their positions are just not able to be defended by any kind of logic. And they know it.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Christie is my favorite Republican spoiler.

Hopefully, he will destroy someone on stage like he did Rubio.
    It's a good idea for him to run if he's there to hurt Trump, and go after him. That would help book sales with the NeverTrump crowd, so it may be in his interests.

But it is in Trump's interest to have multiple other candidates attacking one another. And Christie did a lot to help him in 2016, as an early major primary endorser.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    I would just remind any Trump supporters of how a big part of his first Presidential campaign was claiming that he would be able to make deals and work with people so much better than "politicians". He was going to bring all of his amazing business savvy and just get everybody, members of opposing political parties, hostile foreign leaders, everybody was supposed to be charmed by this guy. He claimed over and over how easy it would all be for him. We all remember that, right?

Oh, I know! They all just hate him, just because he's Trump! If all the corrupt Liberals and Progressives out there were not conspiring against him, right?

But he's the master deal maker? How is it possible that so many people hate him??

Also, just a general comment on this thread being an echo chamber or "preaching to the choir" or whatever: The few random conservative posters have said that about every political forum I've ever commented on, despite the reality that I've never sought any "liberal" board. There's nothing that makes this place a designated "liberal" place. I think there is a great diversity of opinions here. You just never get many conservatives speaking up ... I think because realistically, their positions are just not able to be defended by any kind of logic. And they know it.
    That's just not true.

If the problem was that people can't defend conservative positions in a neutral square, the discussions would be about the positions, and there would be limited conversations about individual posters.

It seems that the people you disagree with could make a space inhospitable to Democrats or anyone on the fence in an upcoming election, and make a similar claim about leftists having positions they're unwilling to defend.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Its true.
    Their BS can't be defended in a way that doesn't get destroyed when confronted with reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    That's just not true.

If the problem was that people can't defend conservative positions in a neutral square, the discussions would be about the positions, and there would be limited conversations about individual posters.

It seems that the people you disagree with could make a space inhospitable to Democrats or anyone on the fence in an upcoming election, and make a similar claim about leftists having positions they're unwilling to defend.
    Where, for example?

Is there some forum you know of that is not specifically designated as a conservative space (like CBR is not specifically designated as liberal) where I might just be overwhelmed by conservative positions?
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Where, for example?

Is there some forum you know of that is not specifically designated as a conservative space (like CBR is not specifically designated as liberal) where I might just be overwhelmed by conservative positions?
    Forums that appeal to non-random groups can very easily become more welcoming to partisans on whatever side without that being the initial intent.

Some interests appeal more to conservatives. By all accounts, hardcore sports fans (with the exception of basketball) are more likely to be conservative.

https://psmag.com/news/passionate-sp...-wing-policies

Political views tend to correlate with population density, so a community of people who live in cities is more likely to be left-leaning, while a rural community is more likely to be right-leaning. Some regional message boards may reflect that bias, especially when you take red and blue states into account.

Another facet is that a place can end up attracting more people with a sort of feedback loop. Liberals like a political forum, and recommend it to others around them who have similar views; conservatives get piled on more, and opt to leave.

There's also a potential issue with groups becoming more extreme without ideological diversity. Part of it comes from a desire to signal that you're on the right side no matter the specifics, which tends to discourage nuanced conversation about tradeoffs and gradations, which may be seen as suspicious because every now and then people on the right side are called out for mistakes. The research into group polarization suggests people can end up becoming more extreme after a little while than any individual member was in the beginning.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 06-06-2023 at 11:50 AM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets