Page 910 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 410810860900906907908909910911912913914920960101014101910 ... LastLast
Results 13,636 to 13,650 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    *Slaps face*

WHAT THE F**K?! Did Trump just say "Good" to Biden saying that kids were lost and in trouble?! WHAT?!
    It seems he said "go ahead."
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There is always the possibility that a terrible situation is the least bad option, so everybody needs a solution.

As for your question on compromising the border, federal courts have ruled that the Flores Settlement places restrictions on keeping undocumented families detained together until their cases are heard. This meant the Obama administration was not able to detain families indefinitely pending immigration hearings.

https://www.vox.com/2015/7/29/906787...gration-flores

The alternative of releasing families on their own recognizance creates an incentive for people to cross the border illegally with their children. If enough of them have success, it is likely to influence others. So this doesn't seem to be an ideal alternaitve.

There are some other ideas, like increasing the number of immigration judges, so that families can have their cases heard faster.

The alternatives aren't suggested by the critics, which makes me think this is intended primarily as an end-run around immigration restrictions. To twist a phrase by critics of the Trump administration, the loophole is the point.
    The policy from Trump, Miller and Sessions was meant to be cruel to deter people.
    That you agree with this barbarism is immoral.
    Your calm acceptance of the inhumane is so typical of Republicans.
    You continue to defend the indefensible.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Much more stable than last time, Trump was much better than he was last(yes, that isn’t saying much at all) but at least Trump was more restrained and more coherent, but a lot of his points were nonsensical and hypercritical. Biden was much more on his game than last time where he felt he was half-tired. He seemed actually...awake. He delivered a performance that I think was much more comparable to his performance to his debate with Sanders a few months ago.

Overall, it was a good debate but I suspect it won’t move the needle much either way. Trump needed this much more than Biden, and he was to his credit he didn’t self-implode and embarrass himself like last time but I still can’t see this debate helping him much.
    They both were well prepped this time. I'm sure Trump's people hammered home to Don how bad even his supporters thought he was last time, so you could see how he was restraining himself ( at least early on).

Astonishing Member

I don't think trump is the problem here. There are millions of Americans that have the same ideals as trump
    WTF is the US going to do with all these Americans living in a world they created apart from reality?

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I don't think trump is the problem here. There are millions of Americans that have the same ideals as trump
    WTF is the US going to do with all these Americans living in a world they created apart from reality?
    We can put them in cages on the border. According to Mets that's OK unless you have a better policy.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There is always the possibility that a terrible situation is the least bad option, so everybody needs a solution.

As for your question on compromising the border, federal courts have ruled that the Flores Settlement places restrictions on keeping undocumented families detained together until their cases are heard. This meant the Obama administration was not able to detain families indefinitely pending immigration hearings.

https://www.vox.com/2015/7/29/906787...gration-flores

The alternative of releasing families on their own recognizance creates an incentive for people to cross the border illegally with their children. If enough of them have success, it is likely to influence others. So this doesn't seem to be an ideal alternaitve.

There are some other ideas, like increasing the number of immigration judges, so that families can have their cases heard faster.

The alternatives aren't suggested by the critics, which makes me think this is intended primarily as an end-run around immigration restrictions. To twist a phrase by critics of the Trump administration, the loophole is the point.
    People not suggesting alternatives isn't the cause of this administration planning and implementing a heartlessly cruel policy. The administration has stated on record that the plan was purposely devised to be cruel.
    An alternative bipartisan plan was submitted to Trump back in 2016. He rejected it in favor of this ongoing national disgrace we've had for the last four years.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 10-22-2020 at 08:12 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Astonishing Member

Separating children from parents from their kids as a deterrent for them and others to not come here is barbaric, and inhumane full stop. There are no qualifiers for that period. Any defense of that policy is subhuman full stop. You add to that barbarous policy the recent news that they STILL cant find 500+ children's parents which trump pivoted to the freaking wall....then to at least they are taken care of.

I mean that was NUTS. Where is your plan to help find these parents? Why didn't you take into account that there wasn't a way to properly track them when you decided to go ahead with the kidnappings?

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Much more stable than last time, Trump was much better than he was last(yes, that isn’t saying much at all) but at least Trump was more restrained and more coherent, but a lot of his points were nonsensical and hypercritical. Biden was much more on his game than last time where he felt he was half-tired. He seemed actually...awake. He delivered a performance that I think was much more comparable to his performance to his debate with Sanders a few months ago.

Overall, it was a good debate but I suspect it won’t move the needle much either way. Trump needed this much more than Biden, and he was to his credit he didn’t self-implode and embarrass himself like last time but I still can’t see this debate helping him much.
    Trump embarrassed himself for 90 minutes, was coated in bronzer and flopsweat at the end, and spend that hour and a half flailing his arms in accordion motions.

And that's what he looked like. He scored no wins on any issue against Biden, failed to defend his Covid-19 response, seemed proud to have lost 545 parents' children, called Indians "filthy", told a POC serving as moderator that he was "the least racist person in the room", expressed more concern for windmills killing birds (which isn't really happening) than he did teachers, pandemic victims, or children being locked in cages, came out against raising the minimum wage (which is an issue that a HUGE majority support), seemed to fail to understand that Joe Biden has two different sons, referred to himself in third person, attacked numerous opponents who weren't there from the Democratic Party rather than Joe Biden, and had his attacks about Biden being beholden to the Chinese or Russians flipped back upon him.

By all standards other than "did better than the first debate", Trump got his ass handed to him.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    We can put them in cages on the border. According to Mets that's OK unless you have a better policy.
    Someone's defending white nationalist talking points reflexively again, it seems.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, once your means has become “Torture innocent children,” who gives a damn what your ends are?
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Trump was a monster.

True and true.

Biden did good at answering everything and the tax return attack was pure gold.

Also: A Trumper said to our reformed group recently

“ So you want to get rid of oil huh? What happens if the Sun run out?”

Me “ We would all be dead at that point anyway, your point?”

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Coyotes. Coyotes who bring children across the border. I can't even.
    I'm trying to visualize actual coyotes dragging children over the walls and fences just to bring them.

How does this man function on a daily basis?

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Trump embarrassed himself for 90 minutes, was coated in bronzer and flopsweat at the end, and spend that hour and a half flailing his arms in accordion motions.

And that's what he looked like. He scored no wins on any issue against Biden, failed to defend his Covid-19 response, seemed proud to have lost 545 parents' children, called Indians "filthy", told a POC serving as moderator that he was "the least racist person in the room", expressed more concern for windmills killing birds (which isn't really happening) than he did teachers, pandemic victims, or children being locked in cages, came out against raising the minimum wage (which is an issue that a HUGE majority support), seemed to fail to understand that Joe Biden has two different sons, referred to himself in third person, attacked numerous opponents who weren't there from the Democratic Party rather than Joe Biden, and had his attacks about Biden being beholden to the Chinese or Russians flipped back upon him.

By all standards other than "did better than the first debate", Trump got his ass handed to him.
    It sounds like Trump's plan was to see if he could apply the meme of "The Stupid, It Burns!" to literally set Biden on fire. Too bad for him it doesn't work that way in reality, not that Trump had any sense of it to begin with.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    I'm trying to visualize actual coyotes dragging children over the walls and fences just to bring them.

How does this man function on a daily basis?
    That's the Road Runner cartoon we need.

On this date in 2014, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” looked at former Oklahoma Congressional candidate Timothy Ray Murray, the challenger to Oklahoma Congressman Frank Lucas in 2014, who after only getting 5% of the vote in the primary race for that U.S. House seat, got online to claim that Lucas had actually been publicly executed while on a diplomatic visit to Ukraine in 2011, and that he had been "replaced", somehow. Therefore, Murray wanted Lucas' votes ceded to him. Further questioning indicated that Murray believed the current Frank Lucas running around as an "automaton" created to keep up the ruse. This isn't the plot of a sci-fi movie, this isn’t a plotline from Westworld, and Murray is obviously in need of serious psychological analysis but has thankfully fallen off the face of the earth politically.