Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    While I probably align on the issues more with the Bernie Sanderses and Green Party candidates of the world than the more centrist Democratic establishment, it's not in the Green Party's interest to praise Democrats. They're looking to s##t on them (often times for legitimate reasons) to try and poach voters and donors from the left wing of the Democratic coalition. As with conservative pundits or "journalists" I'm willing to read/listen, but will go in assuming a heavy bias and attempt to separate fact from fiction as best I'm able. I wouldn't take them at their word, because they're not incentivized to be impartial.
    Yeah, they still haven't ever won any Election on the national level. Seems like they struggle to get even 1% of the vote most of the time. Political movements that are destined to succeed have something called momentum. A far better strategy would be to run as Democrats, then change Party affiliation once in office. At this point, I wonder if their goal is to actually get elected.
    Last edited by 4saken1; 01-21-2022 at 08:26 AM.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Is Ginni Thomas a Threat to the Supreme Court?

The claim that the Justices’ opinions are politically neutral is becoming increasingly hard to accept, especially from Thomas, whose wife, Virginia (Ginni) Thomas, is a vocal right-wing activist. She has declared that America is in existential danger because of the “deep state” and the “fascist left,” which includes “transsexual fascists.” Thomas, a lawyer who runs a small political-lobbying firm, Liberty Consulting, has become a prominent member of various hard-line groups. Ginni Thomas’s political activism has caused controversy for years. For the most part, it has been dismissed as the harmless action of an independent spouse. But now the Court appears likely to secure victories for her allies in a number of highly polarizing cases—on abortion, affirmative action, and gun rights.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Except it's not so black and white anymore. There was a rally in Boston recently against the vaccine mandate, a very liberal city as we know.
    https://www.bostonherald.com/2022/01...ccine-mandate/

Many speakers openly said they are Democrats and firmly believe in vaccines, but don't believe in mandates. Oregon, another deep blue state, just scrapped their plans for a statewide mandate because they feel it's not worth the fight after the SCOTUS ruling.

Private companies can still mandate them but even left-leaning companies like Starbucks are ending them.
    Starbucks Will No Longer Require Employees To Be Vaccinated Against COVID Or Get Tested
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...accine-mandate

And now a new CDC study is saying "that individuals who had a history of COVID-19 fared better than those who were only vaccinated against the strain of the virus during the later months of 2021. Vaccinated individuals with previous infection had the most robust levels of protection, the study found."
    https://www.silive.com/coronavirus/2...udy-shows.html

The science is changing day to day and people of all political leanings are aware of it.
    Yes, Boston is quite liberal, but as in New York, there's also a very thick "You can't tell me what to do" mentality there.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Do you have the grades that the Green Party has given other Democratic Presidents while they were in office, because to me it is hard to imagine them giving anything other than 'F'. Yeah, the Biden Presidency has been somewhat disappointing, but still miles ahead of Trump. Better to be stagnant than moving backwards. I'd give Biden a D+, I think.
    I like some of what Biden's DOJ is focusing on, and I agree with recent executive orders to establish the Council on Transnational Organized Crime and Sanctions on Foreign Persons Involved in the Global Illicit Drug Trade, both of which he signed last month. The drug problem in our country is something he can directly impact and he's trying. But those things are not highlighted, not even in this thread.

I personally would like to see more pardons of the many Black men and women that were targeted by the 1994 crime bill, some of which are serving life sentences for minor drug possession. Obama did a good job with similar pardons and even Trump pardoned a few (Alice Johnson).
    While I agree the courts and Congress are making it difficult for Biden, there are many things he can still address.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Yes, Boston is quite liberal, but as in New York, there's also a very thick "You can't tell me what to do" mentality there.
    It's true. New Yorkers shut down the Brooklyn Bridge a few times now protesting mandates. It's one of those rare issues that some liberal voters agree with the GOP on.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Since I know it seems I only focus on the negative with Biden, I'm reposting these because I think the importance of them was missed.

Former White House Advisor Pleads Guilty To Devising A Scheme To Steal $218,000 From Charter Schools He Founded
    https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr...harter-schools

Former DoD OIG Official Sentenced for Accepting Bribes and Defrauding the United States
    https://www.justice.gov/usao-edva/pr...-united-states

Former Acting Inspector General for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Pleads Guilty to Scheme to Defraud the U.S. Government
    https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/forme...scheme-defraud

These three worked in the Obama administration yet Biden's DOJ is nailing them for their crimes. Some accuse Biden's DOJ of being politicized but in these three cases, Biden is showing he's putting justice over politics, a direct counter to that argument.
    I have my issues with Biden but I think he should be championed for this, and Psaki should be highlighting it.
    Last edited by JB; 01-21-2022 at 09:43 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Caught Katie Porter breaking down the "Why?..." on cable news tonight.

Why is she doing a better job of making the case for this thing than the administration, and why have they not drafted her for a spot in the administration?
    Katie Porter is a national treasure and anyone who doesn’t agree can meet me in the parking lot right now!
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Trump draft executive order would have authorized National Guard to seize voting machines

A draft of an executive order prepared for then-President Donald Trump and obtained Friday by Politico would have authorized the secretary of defense to send National Guard troops to seize voting machines around the country in the weeks following the 2020 election.

The order, which was never signed by Trump, also would have appointed a special counsel "to institute all criminal and civil proceedings as appropriate based on the evidence collected," and calls on the defense secretary to release an assessment 60 days after the action started, which would have been well after Trump was set to leave office on Jan. 20, 2021.

The Politico article includes a facsimile of the full order, but does not say how the news organization obtained the document or whose possession it was in.
    Read the never-issued Trump order that would have seized voting machines

Draft of Executive Order
    Last edited by Tami; 01-21-2022 at 02:02 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Pres. Biden is also straight up nominating Trump judges.

Joe Biden has nominated Jennifer Rearden — a former Trump judicial nominee, GOP donor, and corporate lawyer who has helped Chevron-aligned law firm Gibson Dunn target human rights attorney — to serve as a federal judge.

https://thebrick.house/biden-re-nomi...federal-judge/

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Yeah, they still haven't ever won any Election on the national level. Seems like they struggle to get even 1% of the vote most of the time. Political movements that are destined to succeed have something called momentum. A far better strategy would be to run as Democrats, then change Party affiliation once in office. At this point, I wonder if their goal is to actually get elected.
    Aren't you talking about Krysten Sinema, the ex-Green Party member who switched to Democrat?

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Pres. Biden is also straight up nominating Trump judges.

Joe Biden has nominated Jennifer Rearden — a former Trump judicial nominee, GOP donor, and corporate lawyer who has helped Chevron-aligned law firm Gibson Dunn target human rights attorney — to serve as a federal judge.

https://thebrick.house/biden-re-nomi...federal-judge/
    One, who also is a donor to Democrats. Probably nominated by Gilibrandt. Really stretching here to find fault.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Aren't you talking about Krysten Sinema, the ex-Green Party member who switched to Democrat?
    I’ve sometimes wondered if she’s just sabotaging the Democrats in an effort to create discontent among the base with the desired result being a defection to the Green Party.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I’ve sometimes wondered if she’s just sabotaging the Democrats in an effort to create discontent among the base with the desired result being a defection to the Green Party.
    That's like trying to do in Wile E. by getting him an Acme catalog.

He already had it covered just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I wish I could find the links, but there was an argument with a different suggestion, that she learned the wrong lessons on compromise as a former member of the Green party. At the moment, she's unwilling to compromise with her fellow Democrats.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

If that's what the Green Parry has to offer then I can't say enough awful things about them.
    Dark does not mean deep.