Page 150 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 501001401461471481491501511521531541602002506501150 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Trump is a psychopath surrounded by political opportunists. Of course he's going to take this in the wrong direction and use it to gin up his redneck base. Frankly, I'm surprised we aren't seeing armed volunteers out there protecting the white house.
    Trumo tried his best to make that happen calling on the MAGA cult to hold a rally outside the White House. Lucky this did not happen.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Surely Trump is done come November?

Virginia delegate Lee Carter went out last night to confront police peacefully ask the police questions about what they were intending to do to his constituents.

They threw a flash-bang at him.

He stayed, now asking which officer threw it. They continued to ignore his questions.

Carter took a knee only feet away from a riot squad, and continued to try and get information.

They tear-gassed him.

Tell me that the cops are not out of control right now.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Virginia delegate Lee Carter went out last night to confront police peacefully ask the police questions about what they were intending to do to his constituents.

He stayed, now asking which officer threw it. They continued to ignore his questions.

Carter took a knee only feet away from a riot squad, and continued to try and get information.

They tear-gassed him.

Not all, but yeah it's getting pretty bad.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Do the US look like a functioning society right now with guaranteed fair elections?

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    So if they were denied water then looting the Target for water. is understandable but People were walking out with shopping carts worth of goods. Is that white guy on video who is stealing a Star Wars shirt going to use said shirt to clean the eyes of protesters? Or the man with two boxes of shoes under each arm. And unless I miss something Target is not an institution of violent racism.
    I'd love to hear the excuse protestors are making for looting the game stop. Were they denied this year's copy of madden or something?

Defacing monuments is one thing, but the people looting for goods and electronic equipment are just criminals using the riots as cover.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Not all, but yeah it's getting pretty bad.
    Right now, it's a few good apples in a huge barrel of toxic sludge. I am getting really tired of all "not all... " narratives.

They tear-gassed him.

This situation will make bad racist cops act out worse in the name of crowd control and restoring order. There are good police like the one's in Newwark who handled things well. Police chief Elliot Issac in Cincinnati who went two nights ago who talked to protesters outside his station and who went to an area where protesters were breaking windows and looting to see first hand the response of his officers.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Even if that is so, it's a long, long way to November yet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Do the US look like a functioning society right now with guaranteed fair elections?
    Majority of Americans didn't vote for trump in 2016 and it looks like they won't vote for him this year either.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Majority of Americans didn't vote for trump in 2016 and it looks like they won't vote for him this year either.
    There are still a lot of people who will vote for him though. my aunt who lives with me is brainwashed by Trump. Calls him the greatest president in the modern age. most of the scandals about him are lies made up by liberals. the Covid virus is not a problem it is just made to look that way by the press to make Trump look bad. he is handling the riots well Etc... And this is pretty typical of his hardcore supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Protesters in some cities target Confederate monuments

Now I can get behind tearing that **** down. Not a Target or someone's small business. These racist monuments that they protect so hard and people have sued and tried all legal means to get taken down but they are still up.

break all that ****
    Now THIS makes sense, and I think that is a great way to channel all the anger and make a strong and necessary statement.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though I don't personally condone destroying public property this at least makes sense. It doesn't hurt anyone and does directly address the message you are trying to convey. This is WAAAY better than destroying some innocent persons small business. And you know the intent is right... these aren't people just committing crimes so they can get free stuff like the idiots looting the stores.
    Agreed on all points.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

He has to be but... I don't know... I never thought he'd win in the first place.

They tear-gassed him.

F*CKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    I loved my life in America, and have nothing but fond memories and love for that period of my life, but this narrative it's "the land of the free" is absurd. It's never been that, not really. And it seems to be getting worse, not better, for people.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Even if that is so, it's a long, long way to November yet.
    I agree with this. Still plenty of time for Trump to either dig himself in a deeper hole or dig himself out of it. Too soon to tell.
    Last edited by XPac; 05-31-2020 at 08:28 AM.

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Because most people don't give a dam. And I agree that's wrong.

I just happen to think looting and burning down stores if innocent people is wrong too.

This doesn't have to be an either/or situation. All of the above can be wrong.
    You seem mainly concerned with the looting and burning of buildings though, I mean that’s all your posts are about. You don’t seem to give a dam about police brutality. Only the looting and rioting. You’re placing more value on buildings and TVs than you are on actual human lives. Like ok, it sucks that some people’s businesses were destroyed but buildings can be rebuilt and stuff can be replaced. George Floyd’s life can’t be replaced.

And neither can the many others who have died because of police brutality, nearly every week a black person is killed by police. That needs to stop, like right ******* now. It’s unacceptable, plain and simple. It’s a decision on your part to switch focus just because you see some buildings on fire and stuff being stolen.