Page 701 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 20160165169169769869970070170270370470571175180112011701 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,515 of 75153
    Ultimate Member

I'm surprised no one's cast the supreme court choice as the ultimate example of white privilege. Obama couldn't get a hearing after almost a year, and here Trump gets one after a few weeks.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Wow. With all the things I've read about Deutsche Bank, this has got to be the most sinister. But looky here, Deutsche bank once again involved in criminal activity that ties back to Russia. Were there any more recent cases than the 2013 case?

Shocking, I tell you...SHOCKING!

Who knew that banks were such dishonest dens of greed? Who knew that, without effective regulation, bankers would be so self serving as to aid and abet terrorists and fascists in their oppression and destruction of the innocent, all to make a few more dollars...? I mean, it’s not like bankers have ever profited before off of something as awful as genocide or war or anything like that...So what’s a little terrorism? What’s the big deal about a German bank being in bed with fascists again?

The REAL issue here is something something Democrats something something Biden something something ANTIFA!
    Last edited by zinderel; 09-21-2020 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    It’s most likely a case of projection: assuming other people have the same characteristics as yourself...basically the Donald is not especially truthful, and so assumes other people share the same personality trait.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Shocking, I tell you...SHOCKING!

Who knew that banks were such dishonest dens of greed? Who knew that, without effective regulation, bankers would be so self serving as to aid and abet terrorists and fascists in their oppression and destruction of the innocent, all to make a few more dollars...? I mean, it’s not like bankers have ever profited before off of something as awful as genocide or war or anything like that...So what’s a little terrorism? What’s the big deal about a German bank being in bed with fascists again?

The REAL issue here is something something Democrats something something Biden something something ANTIFA!
    Don't forget Black Lives Matter. It's really all their fault.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'm surprised no one's cast the supreme court choice as the ultimate example of white privilege. Obama couldn't get a hearing after almost a year, and here Trump gets one after a few weeks.
    Possibly. However, I'm more inclined to believe this was more a case of Republicans keeping a Democratic president from putting a liberal judge on the bench. If Obama were white and his name was say, Bartholomew Harold O'Reilly, nothing would have changed, that hearing still wouldn't have taken place.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Wow. With all the things I've read about Deutsche Bank, this has got to be the most sinister. But looky here, Deutsche bank once again involved in criminal activity that ties back to Russia. Were there any more recent cases than the 2013 case?
    Who can say. But, we do know who just so happens to be mixed up with those crooks: one Donald John Trump.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    It’s most likely a case of projection: assuming other people have the same characteristics as yourself...basically the Donald is not especially truthful, and so assumes other people share the same personality trait.
    This. That's part of what makes Trump such a sociopath. He figures that, since everyone else does it, why should anyone be upset when he does it?
    Watching television is not an activity.

https://twitter.com/i/events/1308046966153031680

So, they went and declared New York, Seattle, and Portland 'anarchist jurisdictions'' because we don't kiss police ass hard enough.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 09-21-2020 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post

So, they went and declared New York, Seattle, and Portland 'anarchist districts' because we don't kiss police ass hard enough.
    I was just about to post this: DOJ Designates New York City as an ‘Anarchist Jurisdiction'

My jaw dropped when I saw this.

In case you want to see what the DOJ put out.

Department Of Justice Identifies New York City, Portland And Seattle As Jurisdictions Permitting Violence And Destruction Of Property
    Last edited by Tami; 09-21-2020 at 10:05 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post

So, they went and declared New York, Seattle, and Portland 'anarchist districts' because we don't kiss police ass hard enough.
    But of course, Biden would be just as bad, so we HAVE TO vote third party! <sarcasm, obviously>
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    But of course, Biden would be just as bad, so we HAVE TO vote third party! <sarcasm, obviously>
    "I won't vote for someone who doesn't give me healqth care!" and 'he's a RAPIST!" are the two I see most often. It's weird that the same people who screamed that 'Kamala is a cop!' are suddenly absolutely silent about Reade's fraudulent expertise actively putting people in prison when they want to trot her out against Biden.

The Inside Story of the Mueller Probe’s Mistakes

Andrew Weissmann was one of Robert Mueller’s top deputies in the special counsel’s investigation of the 2016 election, and he’s about to publish the first insider account, called Where Law Ends: Inside the Mueller Investigation. The title comes from an adapted quote by the philosopher John Locke that’s inscribed on the façade of the Justice Department building in Washington, D.C.: “Wherever law ends, tyranny begins.”
    Weissmann offers a damning indictment of a “lawless” president and his knowing accomplices—Attorney General William Barr (portrayed as a cynical liar), congressional Republicans, criminal flunkies, Fox News. Donald Trump, he writes, is “like an animal, clawing at the world with no concept of right and wrong.” But in telling the story of the investigation and its fallout, Weissmann reserves his most painful words for the Special Counsel’s Office itself. Where Law Ends portrays a group of talented, dedicated professionals beset with internal divisions and led by a man whose code of integrity allowed their target to defy them and escape accountability.

“There’s no question I was frustrated at the time,” Weissmann told me in a recent interview. “There was more that could be done that we didn’t do.” He pointed out that the special counsel’s report never arrived at the clear legal conclusions expected from an internal Justice Department document. At the same time, it lacked the explanatory power of last month’s bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee report on the 2016 election. “Even with 1,000 pages, it was better,” Weissmann said of the Senate report. “It made judgments and calls, instead of saying, ‘You could say this and you could say that.’”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Recently, on FB, encountered the idea that there's a significant difference between a Liberal and a Leftist. Unfortunately, some things I thought would be Liberal (like Trans rights) seem to be embraced by Leftists. Disliking solving things through government seems to be Leftist. Anybody got thoughts on significant differences?
    Honestly, nobody knows what the different political labels mean. Even if you define them, people will endlessly argue about the definitions. Making sure everything is labeled isn't really important anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The Republicans have the presidency and control of the Senate.

They do have the ability to select, nominate and vote for a new Supreme Court justice.
    Okay, I'm just gonna throw this out again to see where it lands.

The Democrats' problem isn't that they disagree with the process, or even that they're particularly surprised by the hypocrisy.
    The problem is that the GOP is Saturday morning cartoon supervillain Evil.