Page 704 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 20460465469470070170270370470570670770871475480412041704 ... LastLast
Results 10,546 to 10,560 of 75153
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    It’s over. RBG’s seat is getting filled

https://twitter.com/senatorromney/st...897958914?s=21

Romney was easily the most likely Senator to not go lockstep with Republicans. He provides cover for a Collins and Mutkowski.

Oh and reports have been coming out that Biden was considering him for a cabinet position. Hopefully these fuckers can realize that starting from a position of wanting compromise is trash
    Republicans sat on an aid bill to help people hit hard by the lockdown for months, but literally hours after RBG drew her last breath, those same assholes moved faster than greased lightning to put the wheels in motion to replace her on the bench. So be it, everyone knew that was coming since the news broke last Friday and nothing was going to stop it, the GOP got the shiny toy they longed for, rank hypocrisy be damned, hooray for them. At least now Democrats can concentrate on the election, focus on retaking the White House and the Senate, and I hope the American people (at least those not slurping the Trump Kool-Aid) will remember they came in a distant second to a SCOTUS seat when they go to the polling place come November.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 09-22-2020 at 08:04 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Republicans sat on an aid bill to help people hit hard by the lockdown for months, but literally hours after RBG drew her last breath, those same assholes moved faster than greased lightning to put the wheels in motion to replace her on the bench. So be it, everyone knew that was coming since the news broke last Friday and nothing was going to stop it, the GOP got the shiny toy they longed for, rank hypocrisy be damned, hooray for them. At least now Democrats can concentrate on the election, focus on retaking the White House and the Senate, and I hope the American people (at least those not slurping the Trump Kool-Aid) will remember they came in a distant second to a SCOTUS seat when they go to the polling place come November.
    And hopefully, if Dems win big this November, they can go about packing the court after taking power.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    But people still vote for these assholes. They are at trumps rally chanting "Fill that seat" But, some of those low class idiots are gonna be fucked if Obamacare gets voted down and we find out what we already knew there is no new GOP Healthcare proposal.

To expect honor from Mitt Romney is like expecting a 7 every time you roll the dice. Sure, that 7 will come up sometimes, but at the end of the day, there's a reason they call the game "Craps."
    Watching television is not an activity.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'd call them less Saturday morning cartoon supervillain evil, and more Mr. McMahon Machiavellian evil.
    I’d just avoid the term “evil” as it’s this borderline metaphysical term that almost implies that the overwhelmingly dead and airless universe gives a rat’s ass about human conduct. I’d go with more grounded terms like “harmful”, “vindictive”, “myopic”, what-have-you. Things humans in general are very much susceptible to and have been since we as cavemen learned how to crack each other’s skulls open with rocks and other blunt instruments

If the GOP as we now know it is everything negative that’s been mentioned here, it seems to be comprised of the most base individuals who try and disguise their baseness from others and/or even themselves.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 09-22-2020 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    I’d just avoid the term “evil” as it’s this borderline metaphysical term that almost implies that the overwhelmingly dead and airless universe gives a rat’s ass about human conduct. I’d go with more grounded terms like “harmful”, “vindictive”, “myopic”, what-have-you. Things humans in general are very much susceptible to and have been since we as cavemen learned how to crack each other’s skulls open with rocks and other blunt instruments

If the GOP as we now know it is everything negative that’s been mentioned here, it seems to be comprised of the most base individuals who try and disguise their baseness from others and/or even themselves.
    The Republican Party isn’t evil. It’s just inimical (unfriendly, hostile, tending towards obstruction or harm) to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Unless you’re a white, wealthy, ‘Christian’ male.
    Last edited by zinderel; 09-22-2020 at 09:54 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    And hopefully, if Dems win big this November, they can go about packing the court after taking power.
    I'm adverse to that option and would prefer Democrats not go that route. To overcome that 6-3 disadvantage, Dems would have to add at least four liberal judges, bringing the total number on SCOTUS up to 13. What happens in 2024 after Biden is done (let's be honest, at his age, he's one term and done), Harris loses at the top of the ticket and a Republican wins the presidency, along with retaking the House or Senate, either in midterms or the general election? Yup, they add more justices to restore their conservative advantage, and on and on it goes, a black robed arms race that would never end.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    But people still vote for these assholes. They are at trumps rally chanting "Fill that seat" But, some of those low class idiots are gonna be fucked if Obamacare gets voted down and we find out what we already knew there is no new GOP Healthcare proposal.
    Trumpanzees are too damn stupid to know they'd be signing their own death warrant if Dolt45 wins another term. The economy is still in the sewer, seniors would be cut off at the knees after Trump kills Social Security, there won't be anything in the way of a healthcare plan to replace the ACA (because there never was one), and god only knows what might happen if the COVID vaccine doesn't do the job and deaths continue to climb. But hey, as long as Trump continues owning the libs, it's all good, right?
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 09-22-2020 at 10:40 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    The Republican Party isn’t evil. It’s just inimical (unfriendly, hostile, tending towards obstruction or harm) to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Unless you’re a white, wealthy, ‘Christian’ male.
    I dunno. Just being wealthy on its own is enough to have GOP policy count as “inconsequential” or even a “net gain” for you (even if “white” and “Christian” supposedly boosts it further, on average). I mean, Kanye West doesn’t look like he’s taken much of a hit since Trump got in the Oval Office, to put it mildly.

Otherwise, yeah, sounds about right.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 09-22-2020 at 10:21 AM.

On this date in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, as well as 2019, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" published profiles of U.S. Senator James Inhofe of Oklahoma, a man who cites the Bible as the evidence he needs to refute climate change (even contradicting Pope Francis' stance on the issue based on his Bible stance, which the Pope is kind of also an expert on), which he does with a passion beyond possibly any other Republican in Congress, most famously in the still frame above from C-SPAN, where he presented a snowball in Washington, D.C. in February as indisputable proof. He also criticized President Obama for attending the Paris climate change accords because climate change science "ignores God's power". He’s also pridefully bragged about his dedication to discrimination over his refusal to have ever employed a single gay staffer in his entire Congressional career, and boasted how there are no gay people amongst any of his 11 children or 47 grandchildren on the floor of the Senate, and in 2016, took to the floor of the Senate to condemn he idea of transgendered citizens being allowed to use the public bathroom of their choice, saying it was a "liberal agenda being crammed down the neck of Oklahoma" . Inhofe once declared 9-11 was “God’s Judgment on the American people for not doing enough to help Israel”. He also expressed his outrage in 2004 when the photos of American soldiers abusing detainees at the Abu Ghraib prison leaked to the public, because he thought everyone was making a fuss over people who deserved what they were getting. Inhofe not only once participated in a Republican filibuster of a bill from New York Senator Kristen Gillibrand that was aimed at preventing military sexual assault, but on the anniversary of that filibuster, he single-handedly moved to block her from bringing the bill to the floor for another vote. He has claimed there are no instances of fracking ever contaminating groundwater, anywhere. Inhofe claimed that “the culture of sanctuary cities” were the real cause of the mass shooting in Las Vegas in 2017, rather than lax gun control laws. Oh, and rounding things out, James Inhofe voted against relief funding for Hurricane Sandy, which is rather hypocritical considering how much he falls all over himself to get disaster relief funding whenever any part of Oklahoma gets hit by a tornado (which is pretty frequent).

In the current term of the Senate, Sen. Inhofe has already voted to confirm every member of Donald Trump's Cabinet of horrors, attempted to repeal the Affordable Care Act and leave 23 million Americans without health insurance, and voted to confirm Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court, something he'd been keen on doing since immediately commenting on delaying the vote before Antonin Scalia's body was even cold. He is, at the moment, hanging onto his seat to try and get Brett Kavanaugh on there as well, ignoring that Kavanaugh perjured himself multiple times during his confirmation hearings, as well as his first confirmation hearing to become a federal judge.

We’ll add that not long after the death of Sen. John McCain, when the White House bizarrely took its flag down from half-mast ahead of every other institution in Washington, Sen. Inhofe blamed the breach of protocol not on a grudge Donald Trump had with McCain… but on the deceased Arizona Senator. That may have been because the entire time McCain was battling cancer, Inhofe was chomping at the bit to take his place as the head of the Senate Armed Services Committee. Maybe that has something to do with the fact that he also just bought stock in the military contractor Raytheon in the past term in office, which is a HUGE conflict of interest for someone who, you know, uses his position in the Senate to decide what companies get tax dollars for their military equipment.

James Inhofe is now 86 years old, and is running for re-election to float around the Senate into his 90s. His opponent in November, looking to end his brain-addled legacy of ignoring science is former local television reporter Abby Broyles. She is 66 years his junior, but we don’t care about that, as long as she’s got 1% more of the vote than James Inhofe does in November.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

You're not wrong, it's probably not helpful and the GOP's banal kind of evil can easily be broken down into better and more specific terms.
    But maybe my brain is just warped at this point because I can't see the this level of hatred, misery, and wrong-doing and not just look at it in the simplest way.

I blame me...but also the GOP.

I dunno. Just being wealthy on its own is enough to have GOP policy count as “inconsequential” or even a “net gain” for you (even if “white” and “Christian” supposedly boosts it further, on average). I mean, Kanye West doesn’t look like he’s taken much of a hit since Trump got in the Oval Office, to put it mildly.

Otherwise, yeah, sounds about right.
    Wealthy, white, cishet, male and ‘Christian’ are the absolute ideals. The cream of the crop. (To be clear, I use ‘Christian’ to SPECIFICALLY describe the kind of people who CLAIM to be Christian while ignoring literally every lesson Christ taught. A person who actually follows the moral lessons of Christ would never identify with a party that stands in direct opposition to...EVERYTHING he stood for.)

They’ll make room for you if you’re poor, but only if you agree to support them while they strip you of health care, any kind of financial safety net, and remove all freedoms from your mother, your wife, any daughters you have.

If you’re not white, they’ll accept you as long as you accept that you will always come second to white people.

If you are not cishet, they’ll use you during an election year, or to trot you out as a defense against accusations of homophobia or transphobia, and then tuck you away back in the shadows where a person like you ‘belongs’.

If you are a woman, they will accept you as long as you willingly accept second class status and help strip other women of their reproductive (And other) rights.

If you are non-‘Christian’, they...only accept you if you’re the kind of Jewish that sees nothing wrong with genocide as long as America supports Israel.

So you can be any combination of those traits, but if you match all of them, you win at Republicanning.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Wealthy, white, cishet, male and ‘Christian’ are the absolute ideals. The cream of the crop. (To be clear, I use ‘Christian’ to SPECIFICALLY describe the kind of people who CLAIM to be Christian while ignoring literally every lesson Christ taught. A person who actually follows the moral lessons of Christ would never identify with a party that stands in direct opposition to...EVERYTHING he stood for.)

They’ll make room for you if you’re poor, but only if you agree to support them while they strip you of health care, any kind of financial safety net, and remove all freedoms from your mother, your wife, any daughters you have.

If you’re not white, they’ll accept you as long as you accept that you will always come second to white people.

If you are not cishet, they’ll use you during an election year, or to trot you out as a defense against accusations of homophobia or transphobia, and then tuck you away back in the shadows where a person like you ‘belongs’.

If you are a woman, they will accept you as long as you willingly accept second class status and help strip other women of their reproductive (And other) rights.

If you are non-‘Christian’, they...only accept you if you’re the kind of Jewish that sees nothing wrong with genocide as long as America supports Israel.

So you can be any combination of those traits, but if you match all of them, you win at Republicanning.
    This is 100% accurate. It blows my mind that so many people are willing to put their lives in the hands of these greedy grifters who actively despise them.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Blue text became too cumbersome.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    But maybe my brain is just warped at this point because I can't see the this level of hatred, misery, and wrong-doing and not just look at it in the simplest way.

I blame me...but also the GOP.
    I understand. Even knowing how emotions (especially stress) can skew or narrow one’s perspective, psychologically compensating for them can be tricky, at least from my experience.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I really hate 2020. Now if the election descends into chaos, the person really having a great year will be Putin.

Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum