Page 725 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 22562567571572172272372472572672772872973577582512251725 ... LastLast
Results 10,861 to 10,875 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    And now for something completely different...

In defense of a lawsuit by former Playboy model Karen McDougal Fox lawyers state that you shouldn't believe everything Tucker Carlson says
    "The views of Tucker Carlson do not necessarily represent those of FOX News or its management. This time. Most of the time, they do. Just not this time."
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I loved every minute of this.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    That's it, it's over for Trump.
    Are you being sarcastic?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Are you being sarcastic?
    Well the Rock is the PEOPLE'S CHAMPION and he spoke for the MILLIONS.....AND THE MILLIONS of the people. (I'd love if Biden wins and people can razz Trump supporters that the Rock endorsement cost Trump lol)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

‘All in’ for Trump: These White men, the strongest Trump supporters, say they can’t be swayed

Blue-collar men such as Bickley, Karr and their buddies on the barge are the core of Trump’s base of support, and their enthusiasm for the president has only deepened since they first voted for him, even as Trump has driven away some voters, especially college graduates and women. As illustrated by the masculinity-oozing boat parade, the Trump Party is largely a party of men — especially White men without college degrees and especially those over the age of 40.
    A majority of White men have long sided with Republican presidential nominees, and they voted for Trump at about the same rates as in previous years, according to exit polls — but Trump won the votes of White men without college degrees by the highest rate in at least 36 years, or as long as comparable exit polling has existed. Four years into a tumultuous presidency, these men consistently give the president his highest approval ratings, and polls show they’re happier with the economy and the direction of the country than White women or voters of color.
    Their connection with Trump is cultural and emotional as much as political, closely intertwined with their lives and identities. His enemies are their enemies, his grievances are their grievances. They live by the rules he lives by: that concepts like White male privilege or structural racism and sexism are to be scoffed at, that the working-class, Christians and Trump supporters have been victimized, that it’s okay to be moved to tears by a love for the country and its president but that liberals are crybabies and snowflakes. They pride themselves on being self-made, and see Trump, whose life has been nothing like their own, as a once-in-a-lifetime leader.

Bickley, who owns two marinas and a shoreline construction company, gets frustrated by the suggestion that White men such as him were born more powerful, or with advantages.

“There’s 8 billion of us on the planet. There’s only 780 million White people. . . . So I’m personally really tired of hearing that I’m a majority, that I’m a superpower White privilege kid,” Bickley said. “My mom and dad had nothing. . . . I have been working my whole life.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    The Rock Breaks His Silence On Politics For The First Time To Publicly Endorse Joe Biden & Kamala Harris.

The Rock has never publicly endorsed a political candidate before until now. It’s a first for the Rock, but we’re in unprecedented and unpredictable times right now so I think the Rock understands the critical importance of this election. If World War 1 was called the “War To End All Wars” then this election should be called the “Election to end all elections.” This isn’t an election to just decide who’s President for the next four years, but it is also an election to save our Democracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    That's it, it's over for Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well the Rock is the PEOPLE'S CHAMPION and he spoke for the MILLIONS.....AND THE MILLIONS of the people. (I'd love if Biden wins and people can razz Trump supporters that the Rock endorsement cost Trump lol)
    I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that Trump is f***ing stupid enough to pop off and @TheRock on Twitter. The Great One responding to him... it would be the true end of the Trump presidency. You don't get into a war of the words with Dwayne. It would be like Trump ran into a wood chipper.

Which is also something I wouldn't mind seeing, but the Rock owning him seems more plausible at this time.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that Trump is f***ing stupid enough to pop off and @TheRock on Twitter. The Great One responding to him... it would be the true end of the Trump presidency. You don't get into a war of the words with Dwayne. It would be like Trump ran into a wood chipper.

Which is also something I wouldn't mind seeing, but the Rock owning him seems more plausible at this time.
    On Twitter seeing the anger from Trumpsters is beautiful. I admit I had my fun moment seeing the Rock tears today. lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

New Records Illustrate Extensive Influence Wielded by Leader of Group Pushing Conservative Judicial Agenda

Soon after the death of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, President Trump and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell announced their intention to nominate and hold a confirmation vote on a replacement in the weeks before the election. They will be backed up in their efforts by an extensive network of outside groups focused on shifting the courts to the right. At the center of that network is Leonard Leo, co-chairman of the Federalist Society, who has been a key player in guiding the Trump administration’s federal judicial nominations and coordinating outside efforts to boost them.

As the Washington Post wrote last year, “few people outside government have more influence over judicial appointments now than Leo.” Not only does Leo advise the president on judicial nominations, he is the key player among the many well-funded advocacy groups that work to promote conservative judicial nominees to the public.
    On Jan. 30, 2017, the day Trump announced his nomination of Neil Gorsuch to the vacant Supreme Court seat that McConnell had prevented President Obama from filling, Gary Marx, a senior adviser to the Leo-connected Judicial Crisis Network, invited “friends and allies” to a call with then-White House Counsel Don McGahn to organize around pressuring vulnerable Democratic senators to support the nominee. Leo was scheduled to speak on the call, as well as his Federalist Society colleague Jonathan Bunch, the Judicial Crisis Network’s Carrie Severino, and conservative legal activist Ed Whelan.
    The Department of Justice invited a number of outside groups to participate in the call, including the National Rifle Association, the Family Research Council, the anti-abortion rights group Susan B. Anthony List, and the Koch-brothers-backed Americans for Prosperity.
    Documents from the Justice Department also illustrate Leo’s role in helping the Trump administration screen nominees to lower federal courts. In July 2017, a person “applying for open judgeships” emailed then-Associate Attorney General Rachel Brand, noting that their “roots in the Federalist Society are deep” and that they had, “on the political level,” “sought to promote conservative principles.” The applicant noted that they had discussed their application with individuals including Leo, and that Leo had sent their materials to the relevant contact in the White House Counsel’s Office.

I just want to clarify something. My intention wasn't to say that "things will work out eventually". That is not what I meant.

My intention was to say that this situation should not leave anyone feeling hopeless and depressed.

If you want change, you need to struggle and fight for it. Change for the better can happen, and nothing is ever hopeless unless you give up and give in.

Basically, I am tired of feeling depressed and anxious. It is better to believe that positive change can happen and that it's worth fighting for, then it is to give up and say the battle is lost, they won, we're all screwed forever and forever.
    Sorry. I’ve never felt more hopeless about the future of our country (or humanity) than I do right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    What should be brought up, directly to Republicans every fucking time the speak publicly, is how un christlike all of their policies are.
    Exactly. “I’m not criticizing your faith, Amy. You can believe in whatever imaginary Sky Daddy you like. What I am criticizing is how your ACTIONS show something very different is motivating you. Where is the Christlike love? The compassion? How does NOT healing the sick and NOT feeding the poor square with Christ’s teachings? How does treating women like second class citizens square with Christ’s teachings? How does the alienation and dehumanization of LGBT+ people square? Or the ‘othering’ of non-‘white’ people? How do you reconcile with the Teachings of Christ your desire to force everyone to believe the way you do? (Or at least, force us to live by the rules of your faith, whether or not it is our own, which is very much anti-Christ AND anti-Constitutional)? How does that belief uphold or exhibit the behavior Jesus expressly describes as how he expects his apostles to act? Would you like verses, Amy? I’m happy to provide them, if you’re unfamiliar with your own god’s teachings. Why are you being asked about your religious beliefs at a hearing to determine your posting as a Supreme Court Justice? Well, you opened that door when you said that a Judge’s faith in god is more important than their belief in the law, so...YOU made it fair game. No, Amy. This isn’t persecution. This is due diligence.”
    Last edited by zinderel; 09-27-2020 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Exactly. “I’m not criticizing your faith, Amy. You can believe in whatever imaginary Sky Daddy you like. What I am criticizing is how your ACTIONS show something very different is motivating you. Where is the Christlike love? The compassion? How does NOT healing the sick and NOT feeding the poor square with Christ’s teachings? How does treating women like second class citizens square with Christ’s teachings? How does the alienation and dehumanization of LGBT+ people square? Or the ‘othering’ of non-‘white’ people? How do you reconcile with the Teachings of Christ your desire to force everyone to believe the way you do? (Or at least, force us to live by the rules of your faith, whether or not it is our own, which is very much anti-Christ AND anti-Constitutional)? How does that belief uphold or exhibit the behavior Jesus expressly describes as how he expects his apostles to act? Would you like verses, Amy? I’m happy to provide them, if you’re unfamiliar with your own god’s teachings. Why are you being asked about your religious beliefs at a hearing to determine your posting as a Supreme Court Justice? Well, you opened that door when you said that a Judge’s faith in god is more important than their belief in the law, so...YOU made it fair game. No, Amy. This isn’t persecution. This is due diligence.”
    If any Democratic member of the Senate will say “You can believe in whatever imaginary Sky Daddy you like." it would not help the party in the elections.

I'm curious how many members of the Senate you think would want to make that argument if they thought it might persuade voters.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Trump's taxes show chronic losses and years of Income Tax avoidance

The Times obtained Donald Trump’s tax information extending over more than two decades, revealing struggling properties, vast write-offs, an audit battle and hundreds of millions in debt coming due.
    Donald J. Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency. In his first year in the White House, he paid another $750.

He had paid no income taxes at all in 10 of the previous 15 years — largely because he reported losing much more money than he made.

As the president wages a re-election campaign that polls say he is in danger of losing, his finances are under stress, beset by losses and hundreds of millions of dollars in debt coming due that he has personally guaranteed. Also hanging over him is a decade-long audit battle with the Internal Revenue Service over the legitimacy of a $72.9 million tax refund that he claimed, and received, after declaring huge losses. An adverse ruling could cost him more than $100 million.
    Reading the article the most embarrassing parts of it for trump are the details of what a bad businessman he is. And it should highlight for everyday Americans how they have been taken for a ride by the GOP catering to these "rich people and corporations". The amount of money they get away with shifting around and covering up losses and the sheer magnitude of avoidance of paying their fair share while running companies into the ground is staggering here.

I mean while some of it may technically be legal....and parts may not be that's why hes being investigated. It highlights how shady the whole system is. And us regular folks don't have massive safety nets like this to cover up mistakes and mismanagement. We have to pay or go to jail get our stuff taken. He gets to claim hes rich and successful and hide the fact that hes a slimy bad businessman. We all know about the public bankruptcies. But he is a legit snake oil salesman.

I just found the article, you beat me to it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Trump's taxes show chronic losses and years of Income Tax avoidance

Reading the article the most embarrassing parts of it for trump are the details of what a bad businessman he is. And it should highlight for everyday Americans how they have been taken for a ride by the GOP catering to these "rich people and corporations". The amount of money they get away with shifting around and covering up losses and the sheer magnitude of avoidance of paying their fair share while running companies into the ground is staggering here.

I mean while some of it may technically be legal....and parts may not be that's why hes being investigated. It highlights how shady the whole system is. And us regular folks don't have massive safety nets like this to cover up mistakes and mismanagement. We have to pay or go to jail get our stuff taken. He gets to claim hes rich and successful and hide the fact that hes a slimy bad businessman. We all know about the public bankruptcies. But he is a legit snake oil salesman.
    Oh, this is gonna be fun!

Astonishing Member

I just found the article, you beat me to it.
    I'm reading about Ivanka's "consulting fees in her returns" matching exactly to Trumps deductions in his. On projects she also managed. I mean this **** may technically at the end of the day be "legal". But everyday Americans should be pissed off.