Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Let me put things another way, then - in a county like yours, the good news for Democrats is overall low turnout (lower vs. 2020 or 2018)
    I think the low overall turn out for early voting hurts the Dems. The GOP does not have the record for early voting and mail in voting. They seem to show up heavy on election day.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I think the low overall turn out for early voting hurts the Dems. The GOP does not have the record for early voting and mail in voting. They seem to show up heavy on election day.
    Yeah, definitely. I meant total turnout (early + election day).

Japanese government proposes raising age of consent
    On Monday, Japan’s Ministry of Justice publicly presented a draft to amend the country’s penal code and raise the age of consent. Currently, the age of consent in Japan is 13, but the proposed revision would raise it by three years, to 16.
    I can't believe it is taking them this long to even consider revising the law.

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Yeah, definitely. I meant total turnout (early + election day).
    Ah Okay. I misunderstood you post. Sorry about that.

I know my county is going Red.

There are quite a few rural areas in the counties around me that cause them to go red also. Cincinnati has gone blue in mayor elections and some city council elections and went for Biden in 2020 that helped flip the county.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

With this county I have low hopes of a blue wave. Went over 90 percent Trump in 2016 and 2020. But im hoping for a blue wave in the state overall.

There is a Republican County headquarters in the county but nothing for the Democrats. The Blue have pretty much given up on my county and it is sad.
    Maybe it is because the Democrats aren't progressive enough. They aren't doing a good job convincing people, especially with terrible economic performance, high prices and covid crisis.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Maybe it is because the Democrats aren't progressive enough. They aren't doing a good job convincing people, especially with terrible economic performance, high prices and covid crisis.
    It's not about being "Progressive Enough" it's about being Aggressive Enough. The messaging is there, but the willingness to get out and push the message hard is lacking a little.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

You praised someone for coming to the moral decision to join the modern GoP who do everything they can to cause the problems she was talking about, your opinion in this case is highly skewed at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    You praised someone for coming to the moral decision to join the modern GoP who do everything they can to cause the problems she was talking about, your opinion in this case is highly skewed at best.
    *cough*TulsiGabbardvibes*cough*
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Japanese government proposes raising age of consent

I can't believe it is taking them this long to even consider revising the law.
    But it's OK if she's really 3,000 years old but in the body of a 13 year old. Sorry, anime/manga pet peeve.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I’m surprised it took THIS long for a Qpublican candidate to trot out that vile nonsense. After hideous ideas like invasive ultrasounds, that’s next on the agenda for the party of small government.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Low turnout on one day of early voting doesn't necessarily mean anything. One reason for long lines on Election Day is that it's the last day you can vote. I would guess that as you get closer to Election Day, each day's one day turnout would get bigger.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Mark Meadows ordered by court to testify in Georgia 2020 election meddling probe

“I am going to find that the witness is material and necessary to the investigation and that the state of Georgia is assuring not to cause undue hardship to him,” Judge Edward Miller – who sits on the Court of Common Pleas in Pickens County, South Carolina – said at the end of a hearing Wednesday morning.

Meadows plans to appeal the ruling, his attorney James Bannister told CNN.

The Fulton County district attorney’s office, which is leading the special grand jury probe in Georgia, said in court filings there are multiple dates in November when they could accommodate Meadows’ testimony.

Meadows’ arguments for why he should not have to comply with a subpoena were met with skepticism from the South Carolina judge, who questioned the relevancy of some of the evidence Meadows’ attorney tried to put forward in the hearing, which lasted less than an hour.
    If he was, say, Hillary Clinton, CNN would not have missed out on the chance to discuss the "optics" of trying so hard to not testify under oath.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Low turnout on one day of early voting doesn't necessarily mean anything. One reason for long lines on Election Day is that it's the last day you can vote. I would guess that as you get closer to Election Day, each day's one day turnout would get bigger.
    Its not just the one day. The early voter turn out in my county is pretty small sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Be that as it may, my instincts tell me Biden is going to lose (badly) the same as they told me Hillary was going to lose in 2016 (and that Obama would easily smoke McCain in 2012 and the Dems would retake Congress but not the Senate in 2018). Time will tell if my perfect political prediction record remains intact.
    Whatever happened to this guy, he was fun.