Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It’s only a question of when, and where. If Sandy Hook didn’t move the needle on gun control, this horror won’t either, and everyone knows it.
    Not when the GOP answer just a couple hours after this shooting is Dont take our guns. We need armed teachers. If we had guns in school this wouldnt have happened.

The answer is not funding for school resource officers, the answer is not more money for mental health programs, or gun control, it is not in social programs. It is arm the teachers! If we had 5 or 6 teachers armed in the school this wouldnt have ahppened.

Now the liberals are going to take my guns! Muh Freedoms! Muh Freedoms! Not to mention the wave of racism that will happen because of who the shooter is.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It’s only a question of when, and where. If Sandy Hook didn’t move the needle on gun control, this horror won’t either, and everyone knows it.
    There has to be a end to this madness though. There has to be. I have always been worried about my 1st and 3rd grader but this just makes it even worse. This could happen anywhere. I am so upset over this.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    There has to be a end to this madness though. There has to be. I have always been worried about my 1st and 3rd grader but this just makes it even worse. This could happen anywhere. I am so upset over this.
    I don't want to alarm you further, but it's not going to stop. The right is just too bought and paid for by the gun lobby.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

You know, there was a time when I thought the only way we could get congress to move on gun control would be if a shooter showed up somewhere and started shooting congressmen. But then that happened at the congressional softball game, and nothing changed.

If Congress can allow their own members to be shot at without doing anything to curb gun violence, there is no hope.

They are now saying 18 children, 3 adults have been killed.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I don't want to alarm you further, but it's not going to stop. The right is just too bought and paid for by the gun lobby.
    No I understand...its just hard for me to process still even after all these years.

I work in a very busy Boston emergency room. I have been doing so for 18 years. I have seen it all. I have been in some very bad situations. I just hope I never am working when something like this happens near me or my city. I just dont think I could handle this. Seeing kids...from school...dead for no reason. WTF????!!!!
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    They are now saying 18 children, 3 adults have been killed.
    This is just awful. I have kids their age in the same type of school. Scares the $hit out of me.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

The idea behind the 2nd Amendment was to ensure protection for the people from the government, and that we didn't have a society where only the government, police, and criminals have guns.

I just have to believe there's a reasonable balance between taking all the guns and destroying them, which isn't realistic, and arming teachers and children in schools, which is equally unrealistic.

Maybe it's a 9/11 situation and we just need a national security force for schools akin to TSA for airports?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    You know, there was a time when I thought the only way we could get congress to move on gun control would be if a shooter showed up somewhere and started shooting congressmen. But then that happened at the congressional softball game, and nothing changed.

If Congress can allow their own members to be shot at without doing anything to curb gun violence, there is no hope.
    The GOP kisses the ass of the man who sent a mob to savage them.

I don't imagine anyone would have thought that possible, but here we are

I'm so sick and tired of seeing little kids killed because a good number of gun owners in this country have a tyranny fantasy in which they use their AR-15 to resist the federal government. We're not in the 18th century. It's not muskets vs. muskets. If the federal government truly became tyrannical and unleashed the military on us, these tyranny fanatics would not stand a chance. Not with the military's advanced weaponry. So, spare me the "check on tyranny" bullshit. And the funny thing is, these are the same people who support increased military spending.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    I'm so sick and tired of seeing little kids killed because a good number of gun owners in this country have a tyranny fantasy in which they use their AR-15 to resist the federal government. We're not in the 18th century. It's not muskets vs. muskets. If the federal government truly became tyrannical and unleashed the military on us, these tyranny fanatics would not stand a chance. Not with the military's advanced weaponry. So, spare me the "check on tyranny" bullshit. And the funny thing is, these are the same people who support increased military spending.
    Thank you for saying exactly what I thought.

I have never posted in this thread before today. I do not talk politics with anyone. I am that upset over this that I posted here.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    Those morons point towards Ukraine as why we must have guns for everyone, when in fact it would look like Syria

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Those morons point towards Ukraine as why we must have guns for everyone, when in fact it would look like Syria
    And not to mention Ukraine used advanced weaponry that we supplied them before Russia invaded. The Russians are not suffering setbacks from just handguns and rifles.
    Last edited by Twice-named; 05-24-2022 at 06:26 PM.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

We have so many guns because we have these idiots that like to dress in cheap Dicks Sporting Goods Cameo and play soldiers on the green. They have their assault riffles and watch action movies and think they are the protectors of America. The fact is if they fought the government they would be in their little shacks or hiding in the woods with their guns thinking they will beat the big evil government mean while a cruse missile from a ship 500 miles away or some bombs from a plane a couple miles in the air takes their dumb asses out before they can fire a shot.

Or even funnier the same group that thinks they will protect Merica from Russia or China when they invade. Too many viewings of Red Dawn I think.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

It pains me to say this, but there IS no end. Here’s what will happen next….

1) Thoughts and prayers

2) It’s too soon to talk about gun control

3) Another mass shooting happens

4) See number 1
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!