Page 524 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 2442447451452052152252352452552652752853457462410241524 ... LastLast
Results 7,846 to 7,860 of 75153
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    If he had been smart about it, he'd have waited until October to destroy the USPS. Thank goodness Trump is a dumb as a brick.
    I'm not gonna lie. I'm now terrified of a later president, just as bad as Trump, but smarter and more charisma. How screwed would we be then?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'm not gonna lie. I'm now terrified of a later president, just as bad as Trump, but smarter and more charisma. How screwed would we be then?
    Thing is, I don't think he country will be fooled twice. Not like this. Changes can be made, if the right people are voted into office.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

NYPD Union just endorsed Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Screw those fascist.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Head of NYPD union gives Fox News interview with QAnon mug in background

(CNN)The head of the New York Police Department's second-largest police union gave a television interview Friday afternoon while sitting in front of a mug emblazoned with QAnon imagery and slogans.

The mug was positioned behind Ed Mullins, president of the Sergeants Benevolent Association, during a roughly seven-minute interview on the Fox News show "Your World with Neil Cavuto."

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Mitt is the new maverick, eh? Sigh ...
    The Vanilla Wafers of Mavericks.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Mighty Member

Unfortunately career success doesn't seem to positively correlate with rationality, Trump himself is obviously evidence of that claim, as apparently someone at the NYPD department.

For whatever reason, paranoid conspiracy theories have always permeated through circles on the right. They usually center around the belief that the Free Masons, Knights of Malta or Jews secretly control the world governments, and hence 911 was an inside job, as was the great recession of 2008, and for some, the Sandy Hook shooting.

They are dangerous beliefs because there is no empirical evidence to support their existence, but there is always some sort of shred of circumstantial evidence to get people believing in it, and they are almost always politically charged around Republican values.

First it was George Noory, than Alex Jones, and now Qanon, popular support for these ideas seem to be growing as a result of social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Thing is, I don't think he country will be fooled twice. Not like this. Changes can be made, if the right people are voted into office.
    How many years has Kentucky sent Mitch McConnell back to the Senate? How many years has Lindsey Grahm been in the Senate? And do I need to point out Florida?

The right people seldom get elected to office, because the old crazy people make it a point to vote, and the young people who should know better do not.

Are you serious?! That's cra--- nah, I can't even pretend to be surprised.

BANNED

There goes that nice suspension of disbelief I had whilst watching Blue Bloods!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Speaking of conspiracy theorists, Twitter permabanned dangerous covid-19 conspiracy theorist and major Trump booster Bill Mitchell. It was very much like the DC message boards 20 years ago: he tried to get around a brief temp ban and got caught.

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    It was very much like the DC message boards 20 years ago: he tried to get around a brief temp ban and got caught.
    Wait what?

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Unfortunately career success doesn't seem to positively correlate with rationality, Trump himself is obviously evidence of that claim, as apparently someone at the NYPD department.

For whatever reason, paranoid conspiracy theories have always permeated through circles on the right. They usually center around the belief that the Free Masons, Knights of Malta or Jews secretly control the world governments, and hence 911 was an inside job, as was the great recession of 2008, and for some, the Sandy Hook shooting.

They are dangerous beliefs because there is no empirical evidence to support their existence, but there is always some sort of shred of circumstantial evidence to get people believing in it, and they are almost always politically charged around Republican values.

First it was George Noory, than Alex Jones, and now Qanon, popular support for these ideas seem to be growing as a result of social media.
    Cops openly supporting moonbat conspiracy theories that haven't a single shred of evidence behind them is extremely disturbing for what should be obvious reasons.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Wait what?
    I might be old. Remember Rob Kamphausen?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

No surprise there. Cops fear being marginalized like the people they racially profile and losing the power to be judge, jury and, in some cases, executioner under a Democrat in the Oval Office. Anyone who thinks NY will be the only city who's police union supports Trump and his law and order bullshit campaign slogan, I've got some primo beachfront property in Montana you'll just love to own.

Oh, that's rich....in all the wrong ways.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 08-15-2020 at 02:09 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!