Page 833 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 33373378382382983083183283383483583683784388393313331833 ... LastLast
Results 12,481 to 12,495 of 75153
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Anti-Trans ideologies, for one. TERFs exist, and will gladly make alliances with noxious right-wing conservatism for the sake of owning the transes.
    There are still gay men like this guy, unless he is a Russian bot. Gay male, comic book nerd, posting pro-Trump propaganda every day.

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    But according to your previous arguments that militant organizations form because of economic disparity, we'd expect to see Black militias springing up in the poorest communities.

I'd argue that the root cause of racism is Fear.
    Fear of loss of social standing and the perceived power gained from it. Economics can serve as an indicator of loss of power and so does have something to do with the problem but the root of hate is almost always fear and uncertainty of things we don't understand. It's a great motivator and if people are made to beleive their situation is desperate they can be pushed to do things they wouldn't normally ever consider.
    That's not my argument. My argument is that the growth in income inequality leads to an increase in political extremism for a social classes in decline. In the mid west particularly, far right wing militia groups.

There is a clear historic link between the rise of income inequality, dropping standards of living and the far right, and your right it's based on fear, the perceived fear of losing social standing to the other.

In healthy democratic societies whereby the wages of workers and job opportunities are not stagnating, political extremism is kept in cheque. When you take a look at Michigan, trade unions helped prevent that decline.

https://www.epi.org/publication/bp34...ve-bargaining/

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Hey, maybe it's his high debt and the anxiety that causes that makes Trump so racist?

Meanwhile, in related news:

A court just blocked President Trump from abusing emergency powers to continue building his unlawful border wall.
    https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/1314...922021891?s=20
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Number looks good on the surface, but I cannot help but wonder what the **** is wrong with the remaining 25%:

75 percent of LGBTQ voters are supporting Joe Biden, poll finds.
    Well, there's still a fair amount of people who think the economy was great until Corona and they give Trump the credit. Just as some of them are Black, I'm sure some are LGBT...

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Well, there's still a fair amount of people who think the economy was great until Corona and they give Trump the credit. Just as some of them are Black, I'm sure some are LGBT...
    "My 401k is higher than ever!"

Astonishing Member

The GOP continue to show the world that they are against America's freedoms.

I care about everybody. If you're a young African American, an immigrant, you can go anywhere in this state. You just need to be conservative, not liberal

There are still gay men like this guy, unless he is a Russian bot. Gay male, comic book nerd, posting pro-Trump propaganda every day.

Since he is a comic book nerd, shouldn't he remember what ultimately happened to Dark Phoenix?

Oh, and that 25% of the LGBT vote that isn't for Biden? Maybe they have a lot of money that they're afraid Biden will tax. Or they dream of starting a business that they're afraid of being taxed, even though, you know, that business is never going to happen, or even if it does, it's never going to make enough to really worry about any tax burden. I guess what I'm trying to say is that any member of the LGBT community who doesn't vote for Biden, is most likely doing it out of greed and/or selfishness.
    Watching television is not an activity.

...hoooo boy. uh, hey... WBE?
    EE814066-8313-410D-A13A-DC82EADCBFC2.jpg

Edit: sure you already have her... but....

Ultimate Member

But...but..EcoNOmic inEQuality

Seriously, screw this idiot.

BANNED

Witzke can eat a bag of dicks, but assimilation shouldn't be the end goal for immigrants anyway. Delaware has a lot of immigrant communities living amongst the white folks in the suburbs, and while yeah it's nice that they can all provide for their families and live comfortably, I can't help but think that we as third world migrants have all sold our birthrights for a mess of very bland-tasting pottage. And it's not like white people will ever fully accept us as part of their community, just about the only way that we've actually become "white" is in that condescending attitudes that most Americanized immigrants have toward the "unconverted" new arrivals or, worse, those unfortunate masses stuck back in the old country.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    Lindsay Graham is shrill

and desperate

possibly has COVID
    Is it me, or does Lady G look so tired?

I did.
    https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...-Lauren-Witzke
    But it looks like she's about to stop just hanging out with white nationalists, and is flat out going to be using their talking points for the next four weeks or so while she's losing.

She's going to tarnish whatever is left of the GOP brand. If only someone or everyone sane had seen this coming when they chose Witzke as their candidate. Hmmm....
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Candace Owens' BLEXIT group pays for some attendees' travel to Trump's White House event

Some guests for Saturday's White House event on the South Lawn, which will be President Donald Trump's first since testing positive for the coronavirus, had their travel and lodging paid for by controversial conservative activist Candace Owens' group BLEXIT, according to emails obtained by ABC News.

Supporters, who are also scheduled to attend a separate BLEXIT event earlier in the day, were invited to attend a "HUGE outdoor rally" by the group and asked to fill out a form that notified them that BLEXIT, a campaign urging Black Americans to leave the Democratic Party, will be covering travel costs.
    Guests will first attend a "BLEXIT Back the Blue event" on the Ellipse between the White House and the Washington Monument before heading over to the South Lawn for the president's remarks, according to a schedule obtained by ABC News.

When reached for comment, Owens told ABC News, "We are not interested in participating in your obvious media angle here to slander/attack the President regarding Covid-19." She added that Saturday's event "is about supporting law enforcement in minority communities." It is not immediately clear how many of those set to attend the event had their travel costs covered.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

That's some wild ass white people ****, right there!

Like, the notion that assimilation into "civil" aka: white society is, not just the end goal for anyone, but the best option.

Nevermind this notion that America (Which is what she's talking about) is a "civil" aka: white society. Or that it should be. Or that it's supposed to be. Like, when did the U.S. stop being a nation of immigrants?

BANNED

"My 401k is higher than ever!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Oh, and that 25% of the LGBT vote that isn't for Biden? Maybe they have a lot of money that they're afraid Biden will tax. Or they dream of starting a business that they're afraid of being taxed, even though, you know, that business is never going to happen, or even if it does, it's never going to make enough to really worry about any tax burden. I guess what I'm trying to say is that any member of the LGBT community who doesn't vote for Biden, is most likely doing it out of greed and/or selfishness.
    A lot of Karens among LGBTQ community, what else can be said.

The "good" news is that most of these types live in Blue States so they are bound to the Electoral College rules. Their red votes won't count if the state goes blue, as California and New York seem very likely to go. If this was a true popular vote election, I imagine that a lot of these selfish middle class short-sighted types would have been important for Trump.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Sadly I know few like this who were pro-Trump . They mostly got angry because of the Impeachment stuff and would never hear from them again. But there was a couple who would constantly detail love of Trump etc. Some I know aren't into Trump.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.