Page 352 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 2523023423483493503513523533543553563624024528521352 ... LastLast
Results 5,266 to 5,280 of 75153
    Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    McGrath wins Kentucky Senate primary

To Moscow Mitch's advantage that the race was so close. If that historic turnout doesn't replicate and unite behind her now he has this
    Last thing Kentuckians need is six more years of a guy who goes to bog the process. I know people who voted for Booker will be disillusioned, but there's still a bigger goal. Hope McGrath can recruit those voters but I doubt it due to the outside support she got.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Oven Dodger? Jesus! How can people dream up disgusting **** like that?
    It took me a minute to get it, but when I did I was just shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Last thing Kentuckians need is six more years of a guy who goes to bog the process. I know people who voted for Booker will be disillusioned, but there's still a bigger goal. Hope McGrath can recruit those voters but I doubt it due to the outside support she got.
    You think it's likely that maybe Booker throws his support behind McGrath now? A show of unity to get Mitch out?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

You think it's likely that maybe Booker throws his support behind McGrath now? A show of unity to get Mitch out?
    I think Booker will, both he and Amy are after the same thing, oust McConnell.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

I am absolutely sure he will. Here is the thing. Booker is much more liberal and would energize the base to come out and vote. But McGrath is much more acceptable to the swing voters. So she could get enough people to move from McTurtle and vote for her. Hard to know if either had the better chance of beating him.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I guess maybe I'm in the minority but to tell the truth I have no problems with FB. My family has created two groups that are invite only. I stay away from people I don't know and ignore the ads. It's bad if you let it be IMO. I sometimes use it to communicate with my LCS by asking questions on his FB page. He posts video updates, etc.

I sporadically use Twitter but don't like it's text limitation, which I find annoying.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-30-2020 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I guess maybe I'm in the minority but to tell the truth I have no problems with FB. My family has created two groups that are invite only. I stay away from people I don't know and ignore the ads. It's bad if you let it be IMO. I sporadically use Twitter but don't like it's text limitation, which I find annoying.
    If used cautiously, carefully, and with a certain level of skill, FB is usable. Problem is, there are those who misuse it, and there are those who are abused by it. Also, there is the FB god (MZ) who profits from it without concern of what is going on.

Twitter is the same, but it is less demanding and is often less 'personal'. Twitter doesn't try to push you into friending this person or that one, or 'Your friends haven't heard from you, post something now', which is what FB sometimes does.
    Last edited by Tami; 06-30-2020 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I think Booker will, both he and Amy are after the same thing, oust McConnell.
    Dems need to wise up and learn to unite after a primary. Booker should campaign for her and I mean seriously campaign. McConnell is a worse danger than Trump. He whips the rest of the GOP senators in line to get behind Trump.

They just need to say to themselves "Hillary's loss gave us this mess"
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-30-2020 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    If used cautiously, carefully, and with a certain level of skill, FB is usable. Problem is, there are those who misuse it, and there are those who are abused by it. Also, there is the FB god (MZ) who profits from it without concern of what is going on.
    I think it you dig deep on just about any company you're going to find something you don't like about their business practices. Hey, the slave labor that builds your IPhone doesn't hurt sales does it? Or most of your clothes.

Senate strips provision from intelligence bill requiring campaigns to report foreign election help

(CNN)The Senate will incorporate the annual intelligence policy legislation into the National Defense Authorization Act -- but only after stripping language from the intelligence bill that would have required presidential campaigns to report offers of foreign election help.

Sen. Mark Warner of Virginia, the top Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee, said Tuesday that Senate Republicans forced the removal of the election reporting provision as a condition to include the intelligence bill on the must-pass defense policy legislation.

Earlier this month, the Senate Intelligence Committee approved an amendment on an 8-7 vote from Warner and GOP Sen. Susan Collins of Maine, which added a provision to the Intelligence Authorization Act requiring campaigns to notify federal authorities about offers of foreign election help.

That bill, however, was unlikely to get Senate floor time on its own, which is why it's being included in the National Defense Authorization Act. The effort to strip the foreign election help provision from the intelligence bill was not a surprise, as acting Senate Intelligence Chairman Marco Rubio, a Florida Republican, predicted earlier this month it would be removed before the bill was on the floor, because of an objection from the Senate Rules Committee.

Warner bemoaned what he called a "back-room deal" to strip out the provision.

"If my Republican colleagues want to strip this legislation out of the NDAA behind closed doors, then I'm going to offer it up as an amendment to force an up-or-down vote and put every member of this body on the record," Warner said on the Senate floor.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    It's called fetishizing. It's got nothing to do with respect, or admiration.
    Exactly.

A lot of slave owners slept/raped their slaves despite their severe racism.

A good chunk of black Americans have white blood in them. It’s actually crazy how many ancestry tests for black Americans goes back to Europe.

John Wayne being attracted/married to Mexican women doesn’t mean he wasn’t a hardcore racist. I mean, some of the stuff the guy said was just.....gosh!
    Last edited by Username taken; 06-30-2020 at 03:49 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

I saw what you did there! The legendary rap battle scene from Zombie Land Saga! Righteous!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I saw what you did there! The legendary rap battle scene from Zombie Land Saga! Righteous!
    Trump is the one who eats the mic, only not as funny, and with less emotional depth.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I knew someone on the thread would get that!

All thanks to Tami!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Allen View Post
    John Wayne movies can be educational. If you want to understand the American version of patriarchy, watch McClintock. Wayne's character there epitomizes how the patriarchy sees themselves.
    He did a few movies I liked, especially "The Cowboys" and "The Shootist", but his movies were generally a "white-washed" fantasy version of our history.
    Power with Girl is better.

Spectacular Member Kuro no Shinigami's Avatar

John Hickenlooper wins Colorado primary for key U.S. Senate seat

John Hickenlooper violated Colorado’s gift ban

John Hickenlooper fined $2,750 for ethics violations

Despite being in trouble over violating his state's gift ban and being fined for it, the former Colorado governor John Hickenlooper wins the Democratic nomination for Senate seat. Even if he beat Cory Gardner, I don't know if it is a good thing. He is a moderate Democrat who has worked with Republicans while he was governor. He could be the next Joe Manchin.