Page 4975 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 397544754875492549654971497249734974497549764977497849794985 ... LastLast
Results 74,611 to 74,625 of 75153
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Small comfort to the civilians caught up in it all.

One should also point out that Hamas likely wants civilians to pay the price, as it creates more recruits who only blame the people bombing them and not the reason for it. Now I'm not in the military, and certainly not at command rank, but isn't "don't do what the enemy wants you to do" tactics/strategy 101?
    Sending in soldiers is exactly what Hamas wants them to do as well.

And frankly, as I've said before, Palestinians are not animals. At some point, they're going to have to accept that they can't fight their way out of this situation regardless of what's happened in the past

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Sending in soldiers is exactly what Hamas wants them to do as well.

And frankly, as I've said before, Palestinians are not animals. At some point, they're going to have to accept that they can't fight their way out of this situation regardless of what's happened in the past
    Past that bit in blue...

Hamas are absolutely capable of not placing themselves in the midst of non-combatants.

To ignore that reality to attempt to turn this into some scenario where the IDF is attempting an ethnic cleansing is just absolutely nonsensical.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Again...

Serious question...

Could you please tell me exactly what is that Hamas has done that convinced you that they would not sacrifice every single non-combatant in question if the IDf attempted anything like what you suggested there?
    IDF ground troops already entered northern Gaza. Remember when Israel illegally bombed a hospital and claimed that there was a Hamas command center but all they showed was a small bunker?

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    IDF ground troops already entered northern Gaza. Remember when Israel illegally bombed a hospital and claimed that there was a Hamas command center but all they showed was a small bunker?
    Politely?

All I am hearing here is roughly...

I buy into everything that the group who is fighting from the midst of non-combatants has to say...
    If that is actually about where you are?

Don't know how much of a discussion that there is to have.

Ultimate Member

I love how nonchalant you are about Hamas having a command center in the middle of a hospital. Sorry, correction, underneath.

What size did the secret facility need to be? Just curious.

Two months after a prominent conservative activist and fundraiser was caught hosting white supremacist Nick Fuentes, leaders of the Republican Party of Texas have voted against barring the party from associating with known Nazi sympathizers and Holocaust deniers.

In a 32-29 vote on Saturday, members of the Texas GOP’s executive committee stripped a pro-Israel resolution of a clause that would have included the ban— delivering a major blow to a faction that has called for the party to confront its ties to groups that have recently employed, elevated or associated with outspoken white supremacists or antisemitic figures.

In October, The Texas Tribune published photos of Fuentes, an avowed admirer of Adolf Hitler who has called for a “holy war” against Jews, entering and leaving the offices of Pale Horse Strategies, a consulting firm for far-right candidates and movements. Pale Horse Strategies is owned by Jonathan Stickland, a former state representative and at the time the leader of a political action committee, Defend Texas Liberty, that two West Texas oil billionaires have used to fund right-wing movements, candidates and politicians in the state — including Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick and Attorney General Ken Paxton.

Matt Rinaldi, chairman of the Texas GOP, was also seen entering the Pale Horse offices while Fuentes was inside for nearly 7 hours. He denied participating, however, saying he was visiting with someone else at the time and didn’t know Fuentes was there.

Defend Texas Liberty has not publicly commented on the scandal, save for a two-sentence statement condemning those who've tried to connect the PAC to Fuentes’ “incendiary” views. Nor has the group clarified Stickland's current role at Defend Texas Liberty, which quietly updated its website in October to reflect that he is no longer its president. Tim Dunn, one of the two West Texas oil billionaires who funds Defend Texas Liberty, confirmed the meeting between Fuentes and Stickland and called it a “serious blunder,” according to a statement from Patrick.

In response to the scandal — as well as subsequent reporting from the Tribune that detailed other links between Defend Texas Liberty and white supremacists — nearly half of the Texas GOP’s executive committee had called for the party to cut ties with Defend Texas Liberty and groups it funds until Stickland was removed from any position of power, and a full explanation for the Fuentes meeting was given.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-gop...215140501.html

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    There is a difference between a habitual liar who finds themself in a position to cut a favorable deal for themself and what is going on here.

This was a guy who has done nothing but lie that came right out and said "I'm Gonna Torch Anyone That Is Involved In Expelling Me From This Body..."
    And clearly its unlikely hes got any credible proof for a lot of the accusations hes now throwing around.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

And the answer is to slaughter 15,000 Palestinian citizens? Since when did it became OK for military forces to kill civilians? Israel had over a year to plan for this attack. Did Israel allowed it to happen so they would have an excuse to slaughter more Palestinians?
    You're begging the question.

One of my countrymen was murdered by a Hamas supporter in Paris last night.

One dead, two injured after man attacks tourists near Paris' Eiffel Tower

The attack took place around 1900 GMT when the man attacked a tourist couple with a knife on the Quai de Grenelle, a few feet away from the Eiffel Tower, mortally wounding a German national. He was then chased by police and attacked two other people with a hammer before being arrested.

The suspect had shouted out "Allahu Akbar" (God is greatest) and told police he was upset because "so many Muslims are dying in Afghanistan and in Palestine" and was also upset about the Gaza situation, Darmanin said.
    Added info from German news: The victim was German of Asian ethnicity. So it's not like the guy thought he was Jewish or something. The violence is the point.

As if we didn't have enough to worry about right now, Venezuela's Maduro regime’s cranking up rhetoric in Venezuela on the possible annexation of Guyana’s sovereign territory. They want to take over about half the country to gain access to their natural resources.

Wondering if leftists on twitter will condemn that planned aggression and act of colonialism.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    As if we didn't have enough to worry about right now, Venezuela's Maduro regime’s cranking up rhetoric in Venezuela on the possible annexation of Guyana’s sovereign territory. They want to take over about half the country to gain access to their natural resources.

Wondering if leftists on twitter will condemn that planned aggression and act of colonialism.
    I think a lot more elements in my country than just the far right would love a casus belli concerning Venezuela. It's a dumb idea on their part, and as a country that rails against what they see as the legacy of colonialism, also a hypocritical move to engage in it themselves.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I love how nonchalant you are about Hamas having a command center in the middle of a hospital. Sorry, correction, underneath.

What size did the secret facility need to be? Just curious.
    Size of the bunker doesn't matter. Israel's war crime is still a war crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think a lot more elements in my country than just the far right would love a casus belli concerning Venezuela. It's a dumb idea on their part, and as a country that rails against what they see as the legacy of colonialism, also a hypocritical move to engage in it themselves.
    I think we will have to wait to see what side Elon Musk will take in this conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post

I don't see support for Maduro here in the US. Then again, I didn't think I would see support for Hamas.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I don't see support for Maduro here in the US. Then again, I didn't think I would see support for Hamas.
    I didn't think anyone would support Hamas, here in the US or anywhere.

Palestinian support isn't always the same as support for Hamas.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.