Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post

Sometimes criminals in real life are even more dumber than the criminals you see in movies.
    I think he doesn't understand the wrong side of history at all...
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Gerrymandering runs completely counter to districts being geographically contiguous. I mean, they intentionally draw the district around corners and down the middle of streets to keep "certain" people out of "certain" districts.
    You may be conflating "contiguous" with "compact."

A district can look like a weird animal, but it's still contiguous.

https://redistricting.lls.edu/redist...e-lines-drawn/

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Also to ensure "certain" people are concentrated in "certain" districts, limiting the number of representatives "certain" people can claim out of the whole number. Preferable by far that "certain" people of talent are confined to competing among themselves rather than requiring "the right sort of" people to answer how their representation serves "certain" people in their districts.
    Initially those districts were created to give those "certain" people congressional representation. But at this point, the main reason for "certain" districts is geography.

https://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytime...ghts-act/?_r=0

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Clint Eastwood and Bruce Willis are conservative actors. These are rabid Trumpers.
    Clint Eastwood wanted Bloomberg in 2020.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...trump-n1141066
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Clint Eastwood wanted Bloomberg in 2020.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...trump-n1141066
    Eastwood was one of the few Republicans who vocally and publicly opposed the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. And he's pro-LGBT. But he's Californian so per EC rules, his vote doesn't matter anyway. Not that he's a woke guy or anything because he isn't, but at least he makes some amount of sense.

And he's a genuinely great film director and a great actor. Probably the last conservative artist who is great.

He's also been out of the limelight for the last 4 years hardly ever talking about politics.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Eastwood was one of the few Republicans who vocally and publicly opposed the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. And he's pro-LGBT. But he's Californian so per EC rules, his vote doesn't matter anyway. Not that he's a woke guy or anything because he isn't, but at least he makes some amount of sense.

And he's a genuinely great film director and a great actor. Probably the last conservative artist who is great.

He's also been out of the limelight for the last 4 years hardly ever talking about politics.
    Well once the empty chair speech got mocked to a huge level , I think Eastwood stepped back from really getting involved in politics. At the time he was seen as a very outta touch with modern era guy. Which is sad but the dude was in his 80's then.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Sometimes criminals in real life are even more dumber than the criminals you see in movies.
    Bruce Wayne got it wrong. Criminals aren’t a cowardly lot, they’re stupid as ****.

A month or so ago, I called Jeanine Pirro a skank and was put in timeout for a week. Greene had a hand in last week’s failed putsch but only got twelve hours? Are you kidding me?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Clint Eastwood and Bruce Willis are conservative actors. These are rabid Trumpers.
    Yeah, Sorbo has become a lunatic racist conspiracy theory religious whack job. Dean Caine ain't any better. Can't remember the whole cast.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Yeah, Sorbo has become a lunatic racist conspiracy theory religious whack job. Dean Caine ain't any better. Can't remember the whole cast.
    Nutso Trumpers like Scott Bao and Kristy Swanson, Stacey Dash...
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    What has Clint Eastwood and his chair said about this riot?
    He's on record saying he regrets doing that and he's also become a libertarian because, in his words, they are what the Republicans used to be. Even before the riot, he had said he doesn't like how Trump goes out of his way to incite people.

Yeah, he's a Conservative and has a lot of old ideas from his younger days but he's not a total whack job like most of the people doing that movie.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Lucy Lawless read Sorbo the riot act on Twitter not too long ago I do believe. The rest of that cast is flat out radioactive in Hollywood because they’re right wing whackjobs. I’m surprised Tim Allen wasn’t in that stink bomb.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Boisterously Confused

Nutso Trumpers like Scott Bao and Kristy Swanson, Stacey Dash...
    The cast is not the thing. The studio is.
    Conflix Studios
    My question: In a direct streaming environment, have we reached a point where it's economically feasible for the white supremacists to unplug and feed their common-man fascists a theatre of their own, completely unplugged from the rest of culture?

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Lucy Lawless read Sorbo the riot act on Twitter not too long ago I do believe. The rest of that cast is flat out radioactive in Hollywood because they’re right wing whackjobs. I’m surprised Tim Allen wasn’t in that stink bomb.
    I saw that Lucy Lawless quote. But Sorbo's not out in Hollywood because he's a Conservative or even a whack job Conservative. He's out because he's just not a very good actor. In fact, he sucks except in a very specific kind of role like Hercules when he was younger. He had two good roles which is more than most actors get.

Sorbo firmly believes it's because he's a Conservative. Yet, he got that Supergirl season and played a reasonable guy who was sort of the good guy. If he was really anything as an actor, it would have led to more roles. From what I understand, he sort of put himself on the outs there not by his political views but by going on social media and giving away too much of the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    The cast is not the thing. The studio is.
    Conflix Studios
    My question: In a direct streaming environment, have we reached a point where it's economically feasible for the white supremacists to unplug and feed their common-man fascists a theatre of their own, completely unplugged from the rest of culture?
    We will probably find out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Being conservative by itself isn't a dealbreaker. Kurt Russell is also quite a wingnut but he keeps to himself, hangs back and is a professional who doesn't go out of his way to endorse lunatics.

Tim Allen is a conservative and talked about politics but he hasn't been a vocal activist on behalf of Trump as others. So he'd land on his feet.

Hollywood and entertainment doesn't care so much about politics until things become an issue. And it's not a case that conservatives are especially discriminated against or any such nonsense.

After all Harvey Weinstein, big time donor to the Democratic Party, got ejected out of town while other conservatives can still find work.