BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    No…but you originally used term “celebration” rather than national holiday. It’s a well known important day when nearly everyone in UK reflects on the sacrifices the 1940’s generation made to help win the Second World War, and has (to date) seen major public events on significant anniversaries like 25th, 50th, 75th.

No need to be confused. It’s well covered in Wiki.
    This is what I said: "There's a reason why Victory Day is still commemorated. What's the western equivalent? There isn't, the USA still celebrates July 4, no one remembers WWII." Meaning that the commemoration is a national holiday at the level of the 4th of July. You mentioning a celebration that obviously wasn't comparable, had me confused. I don't think Wikipedia would've helped me much, because it was you who apparently confused Victory Day as commemorated by the Russians with what is elsewhere remembered every 25 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The article says the opposite you think it does. But then again misinformation is the first goal of a Russian asset trolling the internet. I hope Putin pays you well for your disgusting defense of his atrocities.
    The article says what you think, that Zelenski's right hand let it slip it was them who messed it up again with their air defense system, like the incident in Poland, or the one today with the helicopter, so he's been sacked because he forgot (?) his job isn't telling the truth.

I'm I supposed to make some personal comment about you? Like how much does the CIA pay you? That'd be rubbish, you simply can't muster more brainpower, it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Excuse me, comrade, but explain how that would matter much, as Russia was the one who fired the missile in the first place? Why would they be to blame for shooting down a missile that was fired without cause?
    I'm not blaming them for causing more damage by downing the missile, I'm blaming them for lying, because it got old real quick.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by nose norton View Post
    I'm not blaming them for causing more damage by downing the missile, I'm blaming them for lying, because it got old real quick.
    "causing more damage"

Ya just did it there, comrade, and you moved the goal post.

Should we be flattered that we have our own Russian troll? I'd figure they'd be on like, CNN or Fox boards, but here seems fields afar.

"causing more damage"

Should we be flattered that we have our own Russian troll? I'd figure they'd be on like, CNN or Fox boards, but here seems fields afar.
    Are people flattered when they see a cockroach in their kitchen?
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Are people flattered when they see a cockroach in their kitchen?
    If that cockroach chose my home over better furbished homes?

...maybe.

Would still step on it, though.

"causing more damage"

For someone who claims to have a problem with lies, he seems to have no problem with the side that lies more. Or the first lie they told, that this troops were only on maneuvers and weren't there to do anything in Ukraine.

Or maybe he cares nothing for truth at all, and will seize any excuse he can to attack Ukraine and excuse Russia.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The Hogwarts Legacy video game controversy going on exposed something else. Something I never realized and I don't think anyone else did either on a mainstream level. In fact it was something revealed in a Twitter argument between 2 people over the game. Where one user told the person condemning people for buying the game about this one.

https://www.axios.com/2022/09/29/sau...billion-gaming

That's in addition to several multi-billion dollar investments from the Saudi government into EA, Take-Two, Activision, Nintendo and more.

This is something surprising as I had no clue the Saudi government was invested into the video game industry. Its very shocking to see this revelation. The Saudi's have a very bad record on human rights for women and others. So its ....very wild to see this revelation they have stock in these companies.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

"causing more damage"

Flattered? Nahhhhh! These sort of kooks are like gnats that annoy you by flying in front of your face.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The Hogwarts Legacy video game controversy going on exposed something else. Something I never realized and I don't think anyone else did either on a mainstream level. In fact it was something revealed in a Twitter argument between 2 people over the game. Where one user told the person condemning people for buying the game about this one.

https://www.axios.com/2022/09/29/sau...billion-gaming

This is something surprising as I had no clue the Saudi government was invested into the video game industry. Its very shocking to see this revelation. The Saudi's have a very bad record on human rights for women and others. So its ....very wild to see this revelation they have stock in these companies.
    They've been getting their hands in slowly for years now, trying to diversify while also soften there image. I believe they outright own SNK now (Publisher of Metal Slug, King of Fighters, Fatal Fury, and other series).

This is one of those times that I feel like Andy Kaufman might still be out there somewhere...

https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1615855023912534024

DeSantis is now demanding all information regarding ANY gender affirming care provided by Florida State Colleges and Universities. This would include treatments provided for trans college students enrolled at state universities.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    They've been getting their hands in slowly for years now, trying to diversify while also soften there image. I believe they outright own SNK now (Publisher of Metal Slug, King of Fighters, Fatal Fury, and other series).
    Yeah, I decided not to buy King of Fighters XV because the company's owned by the bone saw guy.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Oh WBE, get a load of this charmer, trying to criminalize pronouns.

The first question on SB2199, a bill fining people $1,500 for using pronouns "not associated with deoxyribonucleic acid" in North Dakota, asks the senator:

"How do you plan on enforcing this?"

The senator pushing the bill is at a loss for words.

North Dakota Senator: "To determine if you are male or female is probably the simplest test of DNA"

For more details, check this link!

It's cool sponsored by Senators Clemens, Vedaa, and Weston and Representatives K. Anderson, Schauer, and Tveit.

These people have grade school understandings of biology.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Yeah If you had told me that country was investing in video games I would have been shocked. The Saudi's themselves want to buy the WWE and one of those in the running as well.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

George Santos aka Anthony Devol aka Anthony Zabrovsky aka ... Queen Kitara!?

Man, this is getting super strange.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium