Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Doesn't matter how small the fry, if the GOP has even the smallest of inklings that this might somehow at all possibly be even a teeny bit construed as giving the Dems "a win" there's a high chance nothing will come of it.
    The GoP will even fight against their own long running goals to prevent a Democrat from claiming a win. I remember when Obama tried to streamline several regulations (the example he used was salmon) in order to make compliance easier for businesses and the Republicans fought like mad to stop it from happening.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Arraignment on this superseding indictment in the federal criminal case against Rep. George Santos (R-NY) is scheduled for October 27. That will be his second arrest. There will be a trial. I don't think it matters what Republicans want.
    Yep, that weird, corrupt as hell dude and the other one, Menendez, are toast. No one will cry. Well, I won't, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I hesitate to even write it but there has also been the murder and beheading of babies. There was the video of the teenaged girl they murdered, stripped naked, and sat on the body yelling "God is good".

I'm not really a Benjamin Netanyahu fan, but something he said quite some time back is true. These people simply were not brought up in a culture anything resembling almost any other culture in the modern world. These are cave men, prehistoric savages, walking around with machine guns instead of clubs, rockets instead of spears. They don't have anything resembling modern morals or ethics. The worst case scenario would be for them to get nuclear weapons because it would be nukes in the hands of people who might as well be from 20,000 years ago with no limits on the savage acts they would commit.

I have zero qualms about saying Hamas needs to be literally obliterated from the Earth. There is no chance of compromise with people like this nor should there be. This is the cruelest, most monstrous act of evil since the Holocaust. In this case, that comparison applies. Worse, they hide behind hostages including their own people. It's the equivalent of having the Pentagon underground and building a grade school on top of it. We should help Israel in every possible way to completely destroy them in a way that echoes the Jewish cry, "Never Again!"
    I was hoping that somehow the reports about the babies were wrong or something - but Biden has just confirmed it

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    I was hoping that somehow the reports about the babies were wrong or something - but Biden has just confirmed it
    Hamas goes on a rampage like they're Viking raiders and then expects us to believe that they didn't target women and children.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    BLM has issued a statement that this is a fake account, and NOT BLM. Since X has no controls anymore, I foresee Musk allowing this to spread.

It's not a fake account. As noted in previous discussions, Black Lives Matter doesn't have a clear leadership hierarchy. It's kind of like the tea party that way. It's grassroots bottom-up, and that has some benefits but it also has some disadvantages when it comes to disavowing regional lunatics.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's not a fake account. As noted in previous discussions, Black Lives Matter doesn't have a clear leadership hierarchy. It's kind of like the tea party that way. It's grassroots bottom-up, and that has some benefits but it also has some disadvantages when it comes to disavowing regional lunatics.
    Or, ya know, another side project of Project Veritas or someone like them.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Or, ya know, another side project of Project Veritas or someone like them.
    Take a look at that Black Lives Matter Chicago Account. Its legitimate.

- Been around for years
    - Posting content about their views on injustice as all other BLM branches
    - They say looting is completely justified: Black Lives Matter on Chicago Looting: Black Lives ‘More Important Than Downtown Corporations'

And if this was right wing media as BLM is trying to blame it on, then why haven't they informed the public about it years ago? And why all of a sudden is BLM Chicago deciding to post 'right wing media propaganda?"
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 10-11-2023 at 05:00 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    When shooshoomanjoe comes back saying that there isn't much difference between Hamas and Israel, I would direct him to this:

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/world...r-intv-vpx.cnn

Hamas killed an innocent grandmother, filmed it and then took her mobile to access her Facebook account to post the murder through the account. And then burned her house down. The family found out about the murder via her Facebook account.

These are animals. They're not an army, they're not freedom fighters, they're not resistance. They're animals.
    Israel's terrorism should get a pass because Hamas' atrocities are worse?

Serious question here: it may take several more years from now, maybe a decade to occur if it does, but could we be in the years before another World War? Because the only other times in history that I can think of where global affairs and tensions and conflicts were at this level were the years leading into the last two World Wars.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Serious question here: it may take several more years from now, maybe a decade to occur if it does, but could we be in the years before another World War? Because the only other times in history that I can think of where global affairs and tensions and conflicts were at this level were the years leading into the last two World Wars.
    I like to think **** won’t get THAT real, that cooler heads will find ways to ramp down the madness before it gets out of control.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I like to think **** won’t get THAT real, that cooler heads will find ways to ramp down the madness before it gets out of control.
    Or, failing that, I just don't see ally-ship being that strong.

China isn't gonna team up with Russia, Iran is too isolated, etc.

Logistically, I just don't see it.

Invincible Member

RFK is leaving the Democrats and threatening to run as an independent and it's interesting that it's the Republicans who are upset. I guess after embracing him over the last several months due to his anti-vax stance and having him all over conservative media, they're now afraid he might drain a few votes away from Trump.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ts/ar-AA1i436H

Also, I guess Cornell West has left the Green Party to run as god-only-knows...and none of us noticed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...nt/ar-AA1hKqrc

From someone who knows:

https://www.mediaite.com/uk/daniel-l...za-response-2/

Former Israeli peace negotiator Daniel Levy confronted BBC News presenter Maryam Moshiri’s outline of the Israeli response in Gaza as about “targeting Hamas” blasting the position as “lies” and “warmongering.”

The heated exchange took place during ongoing coverage of the conflict in the Middle East, following Saturday’s devastating surprise attack by Hamas and the subsequent Israeli military siege on the Gaza Strip, where the group resides.

“The Israelis would say, ‘well, look, we are defending ourselves. We are targeting Hamas targets in Gaza. We are trying to put an end to what we believe is a terrorist organisation once and for all,’” Moshiri started.

“Do you really keep a straight face when you say that?” Levy came back in a blunt response.

He continued: “Do you think terrorist organisations embedded in populations who are denied their most basic rights are ended once and for all in a military campaign? Does that happen in history? Can someone credibly tell me that when the leadership of a country says we are cutting off food, electricity, water, all supplies to an entire civilian population that they’re targeting militants?”

Congressman Shri Thanedar renounces his membership in the DSA following the New York City anti-Israel rally.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...ica-rcna120029

This is admirable.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I don't think so, mainly due to the risks of nuclear weapons getting involved.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets