BANNED

Last edited by PwrdOn; 09-21-2021 at 01:36 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    The look on the nabbed fella's face tells us all what a freaking joke he thinks it is to cross over without going through channels.
    There are people that have that look when going to maximum security prisons. What level of punishment do you think the US needs to use to prevent people from making that face when caught at the border?
    Last edited by Farealmer; 09-21-2021 at 09:55 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Yeah, that's definitely an image it conjures.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 09-21-2021 at 08:57 AM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    This has to be one of the worst images of our failure at managing immigration that I've ever seen:

I just can't fathom a situation where that action would be acceptable.
    Looks like a scene from a rodeo. Absolutely deplorable.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Seriously? Jeez Louise! This harridan's a real prize.
    "Is that a real person? Come on! No one really has the last name Milk! You made that up!"
    Watching television is not an activity.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    This has to be one of the worst images of our failure at managing immigration that I've ever seen:

I just can't fathom a situation where that action would be acceptable.
    What action is that? Rounding up illegal entrants at the border? Would a jeep be better optics? We are cowboy country so I see no shame in this or aggressively stopping people from flooding the country. The look on the nabbed fella's face tells us all what a freaking joke he thinks it is to cross over without going through channels.

As the great late Norm MacDonald would say when shocked... 'Good Lord ..."
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    On that note, China currently seems to be going out of its way to ignore those optics with one recent powerplay in Afghanistan involving rare earth minerals. And yes, it does involve, let’s say “brushing shoulders” with the Taliban to get at those nice rocks.

Long article on where Afghanistan may be headed, and one that isn’t sentimentally “loaded”, BTW, but some rather noteworthy details:

…….”Gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelet” or something or other?
    I predict sometime over the next 12 months we’ll hear reports of China supplying tech and training to the Taliban government to help them maintain the equipment & aircraft we left behind.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Post-Trump, Democrats push to curb presidential powers

Thank you! So much work needs to be done in order to inoculate our democracy from the next wanna be dictator.

Though I’m guess that only a fraction of this proposal (if any) will actually make it past Republicans in the House who seem to be anxiously awaiting the next right wing strongman who will declare himself god-king.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

Thank you! So much work needs to be done in order to inoculate our democracy from the next wanna be dictator.

Though I’m guess that only a fraction of this proposal (if any) will actually make it past Republicans in the House who seem to be anxiously awaiting the next right wing strongman who will declare himself god-king.
    Just bring out all the clips of them saying Obama or Biden is a dictator.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Just bring out all the clips of them saying Obama or Biden is a dictator.
    And they'll fervently deny ever having said that.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

What action is that? Rounding up illegal entrants at the border? Would a jeep be better optics? We are cowboy country so I see no shame in this or aggressively stopping people from flooding the country. The look on the nabbed fella's face tells us all what a freaking joke he thinks it is to cross over without going through channels.
    (Unless you have a receipt for your crystal ball? Detailed citation needed.)

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

Depends...

I could see a lot of them banking on taking Congress who would like nothing more than for Congress to have one more tool to hobble a Presidency with.

So, the House just passed stopgap legislation to keep the Government open, but apparently the Republican's in the Senate are threatening to block it because... reasons

Because government shutdowns always work in the Republican's favor.

Huge hack reveals embarrassing details of who’s behind Proud Boys and other far-right websites

Epik long has been the favorite Internet company of the far-right, providing domain services to QAnon theorists, Proud Boys and other instigators of the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol — allowing them to broadcast hateful messages from behind a veil of anonymity.

But that veil abruptly vanished last week when a huge breach by the hacker group Anonymous dumped into public view more than 150 gigabytes of previously private data — including user names, passwords and other identifying information of Epik’s customers.

Extremism researchers and political opponents have treated the leak as a Rosetta Stone to the far-right, helping them to decode who has been doing what with whom over several years. Initial revelations have spilled out steadily across Twitter since news of the hack broke last week, often under the hashtag #epikfail, but those studying the material say they will need months and perhaps years to dig through all of it.
    It’s massive. It may be the biggest domain-style leak I’ve seen and, as an extremism researcher, it’s certainly the most interesting,” said Megan Squire, a computer science professor at Elon University who studies right-wing extremism. “It’s an embarrassment of riches — stress on the embarrassment.”

Epik, based in the Seattle suburb of Sammamish, has made its name in the Internet world by providing critical Web services to sites that have run afoul of other companies’ policies against hate speech, misinformation and advocating violence. Its client list is a roll-call of sites known for permitting extreme posts and that have been rejected by other companies for their failure to moderate what their users post.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Why am I not shocked to see you supporting terrorizing asylum seekers with men on horseback with whips?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Even if you get delight from the plight and mistreatment of others. Maybe it's bets if you kept that to yourself.
    You saw the same thing when that kid took a gun across his state's border to a neighboring one to shoot people. They like to say he was "protecting property" (that wasn't his to protect, as he wasn't a resident of the state again let alone owner of property in the city), but really he was living out the masturbation fantasy of all these white supremacists. Getting to use their fetishized weapons that, as Obama famously made the mistake of telling the truth about (though behind closed doors), they cling to in order to feel the power they obviously know they lack without them on another human being. Preferably ones darker than themselves.

These guys cosplaying cowboys or (in the fantasies of the white supremacists who will be proudly posting these images and out loud wishing they had been on horseback with them to "round 'em up") slave overseers will be sending thrills up the legs of the increasingly vocal white nationalist faction on the right for years to come. The only good thing about this movement is that it's now coming out into the open, where before people kept such feelings to themselves generally and allowed those of us on the left who would prefer to believe in the general decency of humanity to believe we were living in a more tolerant and less racist world. You can't solve a problem until you first acknowledge there is one, and now it's impossible to deny. So give Trump that at least. He saw these people, and he pandered but good. Now's the time to figure out what to do about it.