Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    That's not exactly true. The New York Post was founded in 1801 by Alexander Hamilton as the New York Evening Post. It went from a somewhat respected Newspaper to a tabloid in the mid-20th century.

The Washington Times is a different story.
    Occam's razor suggests it has more to do with search engine optimization (SEO) than confusing people. Respect and rep are only as good as the stories you break. Bylines btw are a construct that newspapers invented to sell a brand not about personal stake or honesty.
    Last edited by Xheight; 09-23-2021 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Because a small percent of vaccinated people still get COVID. And the longer the virus lingers BECAUSE of unvaxed people, the more likelihood of a new strain that can hit the vaccinated. There is no legitimate argument against the vaccine. No matter what some doctor on the radio said.
    umm my point was that vaccines lower the spread because even the infected vaccinated are not as contagious as the unvaccinated. What you are talking about applies to the world population not a population like the US and just adds to people's suspicions of hype being out there.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    Because courts of law are the only way we know about the truth? pull the other leg.
    Absolutely. Particularly in this situation when all other avenues have been entirely exhausted.

Anyone can sit down and claim an election is stolen, said claims have to be backed up by evidence.

And the claimants in this case went to a court of law to make these claims and couldn't provide any evidence.

The burden of proof falls on those making these claims..particularly when the elections have been certified as proper.
    Last edited by Username taken; 09-23-2021 at 10:02 AM.

umm my point was that vaccines lower the spread because even the infected vaccinated are not as contagious as the unvaccinated. What you are talking about applies to the world population not a population like the US and just adds to people's suspicions of hype being out there.
    No, I was specifically talking about the unvaccinated here spreading the virus. The virus cases in the lower vaccinated States (all Red by the way) with the higher vaccinated States (all Blue) is clear proof of this.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I would like to see a break down of votes in person and mail in ballots as evidence - I think that would settle a lot more than a claim and dismissal. I had hopes that the recent PA investigation would put this out by investigating supposed voters.
    "Supposed voters", huh? And what butthurt Pennsylvanian Qpublican did you hear that nonsense from?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Because courts of law are the only way we know about the truth? pull the other leg.
    Of course, there are other ways to establish truth outside the courts…but it is one well established way of doing it. And there’s no credible reason to believe that court after court after court was biased against the Donald.

What strong evidence did the Donald or his team produce to suggest there were good grounds to believe the election was “stolen”?

Surely you can vaguely understand that no sane person would accept the Donald’s unverified word on this issue!
    Last edited by JackDaw; 09-23-2021 at 10:01 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I mean its not like the Trump campaign and people there didn't realize the whole stolen election was bullshit as the lawyers spun wild conspiracy theories. Instead choosing to stay quiet to keep a false narrative going....

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...laims-1230149/

Its not like this didn't come out the past few days.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I was hoping he would too but at the end of the day it’s a new branch of the military which means it pretty much gets blank checks to do what ever the hell it is that it’s supposed to do (which is?!?). The US military doesn’t like any threats to its unlimited resources. There’s gonna be a lot of push back if someone wants to get rid of Space Force. Ugh god just saying that ridiculous name makes me cringe.

Could they at least change the name to something less asinine? How about Galactic Warrior Corps.?
    As I understand it part of what Space force was created to do is handle logistics. Moving troops and equipment is costly, difficult and time-consuming especially if your destination country is surrounded by non-allies. Launching personnel and equipment into low orbit and landing them where they need to be solves those problems. There’s also surveillance and possibly non-nuclear orbital weapons to be managed.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    As for "The only way..."?

Politely disagree.

Just the US even slightly reducing the chaos that it creates simply by being the US?

That could go a long ways towards addressing this problem.
    I have to agree with this. Simply addressing the flood if illegal weapons exported to some of their origin countries would help curb the gang-related violence many of these people are fleeing from.

I think Americans should understand that most of the people coming here don’t actually want to leave their homes and families. The fact they chose to do so and make the often very dangerous trip should tell us how desperate they really are. If you can’t relate to that and insist on labeling them as “illegals” who only want free stuff that says a lot about your own character.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Hey, because Trump's border wall is so effective, why not make a portable one?

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) has sent a fleet of state-owned vehicles to line up for miles as a barricade along the border with Mexico, insisting the state was taking “unprecedented steps,” as thousands of migrants still seek to cross into the United States.

The “steel wall” of cars, as Abbott called it, is only the latest of the stark images coming from the crisis unfolding in Del Rio, Tex., where nearly 15,000 border crossers, many Haitians living in Chile and other South American nations, have arrived.
    U.S. border officials on horseback try to stop migrants crossing from Mexico

The Homeland Security Department is investigating reports that Border Patrol agents on horseback attempted to grab migrants and push them back toward Mexico, captured in scenes Sunday along the Rio Grande.

“What we did, we put hundreds of Texas Department of Public Safety cars and created a steel wall — a steel wall of DPS vehicles — that prevented anybody from crossing that dam that you’ve seen people walk across,” Abbott told Fox News in an interview Tuesday. “We effectively … regained control of the border.”
    No, Greg. You didn't regain control of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Hey, because Trump's border wall is so effective, why not make a portable one?

No, Greg. You didn't regain control of anything.
    If I remember I am not sure how accurate this is but didnt he set up that fleet after everyone crossed and they only caught like 2 people trying to cross since it was set up?

And if people trying to get into the country see this wall of cars wont they just walk a few miles to the left or right and walk into the country there? I mean they walked hundreds and hundreds of miles but a couple mile wide row of cars will stop them and turn them around?

This is nothing more then a photo opt to look big for the GOP cult.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Wow “stolen elections” and Hunter Biden. Veering into conspiracy theories gives you zero credibility and shows that you should be ignored.
    Attention-seeking behavior.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 09-23-2021 at 01:21 PM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I would like to see a break down of votes in person and mail in ballots as evidence - I think that would settle a lot more than a claim and dismissal. I had hopes that the recent PA investigation would put this out by investigating supposed voters.

I am reminded too much of how this is like clarity about Covid science vs. authority - For weeks I would read or hear the back and forth on message boards or press stories about the unvaccinated being a danger. The claims on both side were for the most part beside the point. What is it about the unvaccinated that makes them a danger to anyone besides themselves? Finally I heard a Doctor on the radio explain about viral loads in the infected and the variance between the unvacs carrier and the breakthrough carrier. Is that so hard for News orgs like CNN or the Times to do or put before experts?
    I'm guessing you don't watch CNN regularly, because their doctor guests talk about this ALOT.

But I'm genuinely curious, because I've heard un-vaccinated and anti-vax and the MAGA crowd say repeatedly that vaccination is a personal choice that only effects themselves. But doesn't the term HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS make it clear that it isn't about a single person's risk for getting ill, but about anyone who gets ill spreading the disease to other people? I really don't understand why people think Covid is a disease that only impacts the person that has it, so perhaps you can explain to me where this idea comes from?

And that's just transmission wise. Then there's the damage to health care, society, and the financial costs that everyone is going to pay.

How does it not apply to the US population? The virus, and it's various strains, are being transmitted globally.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Chinese Actress Zhao Wei Wiped From Country’s Internet Amid Crackdown on Entertainers

Chinese actress Zhao Wei has been scrubbed from the internet in that country after being placed on blacklist of so-called “misbehaving” celebrities, CNN reported Thursday.

Zhao Wei’s movies and television programs are no longer available for streaming in China and have been missing for a few weeks. Her social media accounts are gone, too, including her fan page on the heavily censored Chinese version of Twitter, Weibo. On Thursday, CNN brought wider attention to her case and the case of other Chinese celebrities with a segment that aired on “New Day.”

“Imagine one of Hollywood’s biggest celebrities erased from the Internet in a single night. That’s basically what happened to Zhao Wei, one of China’s most successful actresses,” CNN senior international correspondent Ivan Watson reported, noting that the actress had run afoul of authorities after buying vineyards in France and acquiring a stake in a large Chinese production studio.

The Chinese government has been cracking down on entertainment and internet use in recent weeks, issuing new mandates about how often minors can access online gaming and entertainment sites and railing against the “chaos” of fan culture, idol selection shows and TV series featuring “sissy male” idols.

Zheng Shuang, another popular Chinese actress who was fined $46 million for tax evasion last month, has also had her works scrubbed from video sites.

According to CNN, this is proof there is only room for “one real star” in the country: President Xi Jinping.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Of course, there are other ways to establish truth outside the courts…but it is one well established way of doing it. And there’s no credible reason to believe that court after court after court was biased against the Donald.

What strong evidence did the Donald or his team produce to suggest there were good grounds to believe the election was “stolen”?

Surely you can vaguely understand that no sane person would accept the Donald’s unverified word on this issue!
    Especially considering the plethora of judges that swatted the cases down. Democratic appointed, Republican appointed, even Trump appointed.
    Dark does not mean deep.