1. #31036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Will there be panic though? The GQP politicians and the GQP media have already made up their minds to paint this select committee as a partisan witch hunt and they'll just write off any and all Republicans Pelosi allows to sit on the committee as RINOs and heretics of the Church of Trump. I have no faith that any decisive action or justice will be made in response to what will likely be a cascade of damning revelations.

    Most of the Republican Party and their supporters started downplaying 1/6 or insisting the rioters were "Antifa" before the human feces had even been scraped off the chamber floors. I just don't see what our side can even do once the truth finally gets out.
    I feel like calling on people from the Intelligence Community and Pentagon to come testify and reveal the things we don't know yet as the criminal investigation unfolds could tell us what we already pretty much know, but need confirmed. And once that happens and plausible deniability go out the window, it's going to be clear... there are multiple members of Congress that contributed to, if not outright aided domestic terrorists who tried to have their own vice-president killed. Seeing Lindsey Graham and Mitch McConnell talk a big game about how it was over and they couldn't support the Big Lie on 1/7 through like 1/8... and seeing them reverse course and block all investigations into it that they could...

    They know someone in the party f***ed up, and they don't want the guilt by association... if whoever it is gets caught, it hurts all of them. So now, they're complicit.

    I know this is speculative, but there's no reason why they tried to, albeit only for a moment, say the right things, and try to stop the investigation. It's findings are going to come right back to someone too close for comfort.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  2. #31037
    Astonishing Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    4,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I feel like calling on people from the Intelligence Community and Pentagon to come testify and reveal the things we don't know yet as the criminal investigation unfolds could tell us what we already pretty much know, but need confirmed. And once that happens and plausible deniability go out the window, it's going to be clear... there are multiple members of Congress that contributed to, if not outright aided domestic terrorists who tried to have their own vice-president killed. Seeing Lindsey Graham and Mitch McConnell talk a big game about how it was over and they couldn't support the Big Lie on 1/7 through like 1/8... and seeing them reverse course and block all investigations into it that they could...

    They know someone in the party f***ed up, and they don't want the guilt by association... if whoever it is gets caught, it hurts all of them. So now, they're complicit.

    I know this is speculative, but there's no reason why they tried to, albeit only for a moment, say the right things, and try to stop the investigation. It's findings are going to come right back to someone too close for comfort.
    Here is the thing though. The GOP and their cult do not care who helped. Chances are if there was proof of GOP members in the House helping by planning or funding or whatever they would be heroes.

    There needs to be this commission and things need to come out. But at the end of the day the QOP will think it is lies or they will make heroes or their own. and The Dems and the Dem voters will get confirmation on what they already knew. Not one person will have their mind changed in any way shape or form by this. And that is what makes the QOP cult so dumb and so dangerous.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  3. #31038
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,733

    Default

    Hong Kong pro-democracy activists beg Congress for refugee status

    A coalition of Hong Kong pro-democracy activists in exile has issued an urgent public plea to the U.S. Congress to pass legislation that will grant refugee status to Hong Kong citizens with “well-founded fears of persecution” by the territory’s authorities.

    The letter obtained by POLITICO calls on Congress to grant Priority 2 Refugee Status to Hong Kong’s peaceful pro-democracy protesters seeking resettlement, Temporary Protection Status to Hong Kong citizens already in the U.S. and an extension of visas “to high-skilled Hong Kong residents with an associate degree or above.”
    The letter is signed by seven high-profile Hong Kong pro-democracy activists currently living in exile, including former lawmakers Ted Hui, who has found refuge in Australia, and Baggio Leung, who now lives in exile in the U.S. Eighteen foreign-based Hong Kong pro-democracy civil society organizations, including Hong Kong Watch, the Hong Kong Affairs Association of Berkeley and the UC-San Diego Hong Kong Cultural Society are also signatories.

    Those protections echo those granted by then-U.S. President George H.W. Bush in an executive order issued in 1990 after the Tiananmen Massacre that allowed Chinese students in the U.S. to remain in the country if they feared state persecution back in China. Congress followed up on that executive order with the Chinese Student Protection Act of 1992. The nongovernmental refugee rights advocacy organization Refugee Council USA urged then-Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in July 2020 “to find ways to help people impacted by the situation in Hong Kong” and specifically to utilize the U.S. Refugee Admission Program to ensure that “refugees from Hong Kong are granted asylum should they flee to the United States.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

  4. #31039
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,733

    Default

    The Latest Target of Hong Kong’s Crackdown: Children’s Books

    HONG KONG — The fluffy white sheep were constantly harassed by wolves, who tore down their houses, ate their food and even sprayed poison gas. It became too much, and 12 sheep who had tried to defend their village were forced to flee by boat. But they were captured and sent to prison.

    That story was told in a children’s book published last year in Hong Kong. The sheep represented 12 activists arrested at sea while trying to escape to Taiwan. The wolves were the Hong Kong police.

    On Thursday, the police arrested five leaders of the group behind the book, a speech therapists’ union, accusing them of instilling hatred of the government in children.

    With the arrests, the authorities expanded, to the most elementary level of printed materials, a crackdown on political speech aimed at stamping out the dissent expressed during mass protests in 2019.
    Hours later, in another move against opposing voices, four senior editors and executives of Apple Daily, a pro-democracy newspaper that was forced to close last month, were arraigned and denied bail. They are accused of colluding with foreign powers under a sweeping national security law that Beijing imposed on Hong Kong last year.

    More than 100 people have been arrested under that law, including dozens of Hong Kong’s most prominent opposition politicians.
    Apple Daily, once one of the city’s biggest newspapers, has been the most prominent media voice targeted by the police. It was shut down after the authorities froze its accounts and accused its founder, Jimmy Lai, and six top editors and executives of violating the security law by calling for American sanctions on Hong Kong officials. Among those six were the four arraigned on Thursday.

    But with the arrests of the members of the General Union of Hong Kong Speech Therapists, the crackdown now encompasses children’s books. The police said they believed that the publications were “intended to arouse public hatred, especially among young children,” toward the government and legal authorities.

    Li Kwai-wah, a senior superintendent in the police’s national security department, said in a news briefing that the book and others published by the union “simplified and beautified political issues that children had no way of understanding.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

  5. #31040
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,733

    Default

    Staff director for 1/6 committee accused of retaliating against whistleblower

    (CNN)David Buckley, the newly named staff director for the House Select Committee investigating the January 6 Capitol insurrection, was found to be retaliating against a whistleblower during his time as the CIA inspector general, according to a report by the Inspector General of the Department of Homeland Security.

    Andrew Bakaj, a former special agent for the Office of the Inspector General of the CIA, accused Buckley of suspending the agent's security clearance and placing the agent on administrative leave after he was accused of providing information and assistance to another investigation. Buckley had left the CIA by the time the report was issued. According to the report, he refused to be interviewed for the investigation.
    The details of the 36-page report were originally reported by Yahoo News and confirmed to CNN by Bakaj's attorney.
    The report, dated June 10, 2019, goes on to say that the Department of Homeland Security inspector general's investigation "substantiated" some of the complainant's allegations and confirmed that Buckley did open an "retaliatory" investigation into the agent that led to the discovery of separate derogatory information which was used to suspend the agent.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

  6. #31041
    Ultimate Member Tendrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,984

    Default

    Wonder what other crazy this guy has going.

    Montana Senate President Pro Tempore Jason Ellsworth, R-Hamilton, has been charged with three misdemeanors, including obstruction of a peace officer, after he was pulled over for speeding in a construction zone in May. The officer reported a verbal altercation with Ellsworth in which the senator claimed he was exempt from arrest because he was a lawmaker traveling for legislative business.

    The charges were filed by Broadwater County Attorney Cory Swanson on May 26. Ellsworth is scheduled to make an initial appearance in court on Aug. 3.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Jaso...hrome&ie=UTF-8

  7. #31042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Here is the thing though. The GOP and their cult do not care who helped. Chances are if there was proof of GOP members in the House helping by planning or funding or whatever they would be heroes.

    There needs to be this commission and things need to come out. But at the end of the day the QOP will think it is lies or they will make heroes or their own. and The Dems and the Dem voters will get confirmation on what they already knew. Not one person will have their mind changed in any way shape or form by this. And that is what makes the QOP cult so dumb and so dangerous.
    I don't care what those dips***s think. That isn't the point of the investigation.

    The investigation is meant to find out who knew what, who planned what, and to unearth the conspiracy to attempt to attack Congress. Those people are criminals. Every resource needs to be used, and when names start getting named, people are going to turn on each other even more than they already are. There's a reason the GQP have been trying to blame this on Antifa, or re-write history and claim the domestic terrorists in the building were just on a tourist trip. They're trying to rewrite reality, because the reality is, they staged a failed coup. Whether or not they can hold onto power in a gerrymandered district isn't the point. It's to make people like Josh Hawley know the FBI have his phone records and know what who he was talking to. Who at the Trump White House was talking to the organizers of the 1/6 event, and who was talking to the organizers of the Proud Boys' event on 1/5 (because those are the folks who pre-planned an attack).

    It's not just to determine that, even. It's to make sure that the plot is laid out for the public to see and that measures are taken to never, ever let some fascist like Trump to attempt anything like this again. Whoever that might be.

    I'm done trying to wait for people too dumb to get vaccinated because Trump told them not to because we should go maskless and do "herd immunity" while he himself got vaccinated. I'm done with the ones that will argue Trump hasn't always been a criminal, or a racist, or that will argue he never lies. Those people cannot be reached, and are busy prepping to die for his little death cult, sad as that might be.

    It's the people who just don't normally pay attention, or who are on the fence. The people who just lean left but aren't nearly angry enough that voter suppression efforts are trying to make sure next time, the GOP can just try and declare they won, even when they don't.

    I'm not humoring people willing to cause so much unnecessary death, and storm a building to anti-democratically declare themselves in power and murder anyone who opposes them. Or support the people who would. To not stand up now and shout them down is a disservice to this country, its people, and what's right and just real.

    Hate to be dramatic about it, but that's really what we're up against now. People determined to lie all the way to their graves, while they charge into them headlong. But before they get there, to award power to people that will make those still living suffer more.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  8. #31043
    Ultimate Member Tendrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,984

    Default

    Don't worry! Everything is fine in Hong Kong. There's no *real* repression there.

  9. #31044
    Astonishing Member JackDaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There are some BS claims of whataboutism on this board, and other places politics is discussed (I remember a recent accusation of whataboutism when I was responding to a comparison someone else made) but it is sometimes applicable. "What about Trump?" doesn't address questions about a prominent Democratic member of Congress, or whether a description of his situation was accurate.

    Last week's Guardian piece doesn't say Trump is a Russian asset. The story had a lot of qualifiers, but it's mainly a leaked document about the Russian government preferring Trump. It hasn't been covered in the American news, which suggests they're still vetting.
    I thought a bit about “what-aboutism” yesterday.

    And reached a very obvious conclusion…that it’s valid in course of an argument to bring in other material IF intent is to draw valid comparisons, or to illustrate very similar things are being treated differently. ( e.g. “X is being condemned for doing this, yet Y is praised for doing the same thing”)

    What is a poor way of arguing (I think) is bringing in something totally irrelevant to try to deflect the debate with something totally tangential. (In Australia this is sometimes called “dropping a dead cat on the table”. If losing an argument you do something totally over the top to get people talking about something else….if you drop a dead cat on the table, that’s what people start talking about, rather than the argument that was being lost.)

  10. #31045
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    24,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I don't care what those dips***s think. That isn't the point of the investigation.

    The investigation is meant to find out who knew what, who planned what, and to unearth the conspiracy to attempt to attack Congress. Those people are criminals. Every resource needs to be used, and when names start getting named, people are going to turn on each other even more than they already are. There's a reason the GQP have been trying to blame this on Antifa, or re-write history and claim the domestic terrorists in the building were just on a tourist trip. They're trying to rewrite reality, because the reality is, they staged a failed coup. Whether or not they can hold onto power in a gerrymandered district isn't the point. It's to make people like Josh Hawley know the FBI have his phone records and know what who he was talking to. Who at the Trump White House was talking to the organizers of the 1/6 event, and who was talking to the organizers of the Proud Boys' event on 1/5 (because those are the folks who pre-planned an attack).

    It's not just to determine that, even. It's to make sure that the plot is laid out for the public to see and that measures are taken to never, ever let some fascist like Trump to attempt anything like this again. Whoever that might be.

    I'm done trying to wait for people too dumb to get vaccinated because Trump told them not to because we should go maskless and do "herd immunity" while he himself got vaccinated. I'm done with the ones that will argue Trump hasn't always been a criminal, or a racist, or that will argue he never lies. Those people cannot be reached, and are busy prepping to die for his little death cult, sad as that might be.

    It's the people who just don't normally pay attention, or who are on the fence. The people who just lean left but aren't nearly angry enough that voter suppression efforts are trying to make sure next time, the GOP can just try and declare they won, even when they don't.

    I'm not humoring people willing to cause so much unnecessary death, and storm a building to anti-democratically declare themselves in power and murder anyone who opposes them. Or support the people who would. To not stand up now and shout them down is a disservice to this country, its people, and what's right and just real.

    Hate to be dramatic about it, but that's really what we're up against now. People determined to lie all the way to their graves, while they charge into them headlong. But before they get there, to award power to people that will make those still living suffer more.
    THIS on steroids!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  11. #31046

    Default

    In 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, as well as 2020, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" published profiles of Kris Kobach, the Secretary of State of Kansas and a member of the Republican Party's Platform Committee in both 2012 and 2016. In our first profile, we pointed out how Kobach wrote Arizona’s legal racial profiling law, SB 1070, and who not coincidentally has ties to the anti-immigrant hate group FAIR, is a Birther, and also has the nasty habit of trying to convince people that the LGBTQ community are working to promote pedophilia. In our second report on Kobach, he had further spread the myth of free "Obamaphones" being handed out (there's a government program to get phones to poor households, but it was instituted by President Reagan to help people offer a phone number to potential employers and get hired and off of welfare). Kobach also has warned against Latino voters forming a "socialist voting block" and didn't think it beyond the realm of possibility that President Obama would stop having African-Americans prosecuted for committing crimes. Kobach has claimed his critics are akin to the "class enemies" of China during its cultural revolution, so we guess we're in that boat now, too. Kobach was appallingly racist enough to become an immigration advisor to the Donald Trump campaign, and continued his xenophobic crusade with him, every step of the way. In October of 2015, Kobach spoke at a "writer's workshop" event for the Social Contract Press, a publication that often prints articles for white nationalists, and a month later, was echoing conspiracy theories started on Alex Jones’ InfoWars to claim that massive voter fraud takes place using same day voter registration and schemes with "voting buses" and used his own conservative talk radio to ask guests if President Obama was "putting his finger on the scale in favor of the Muslim Brotherhood or the radical Islamists." Speaking of Kobach’s relationship with Obama, we already knew Kobach was a Birther, but he decided to call back to it in April of 2016, saying that perhaps the reason President Obama opposes proof of citizenship laws is because "he's not a citizen". By June of 2016: Kobach raved about anti-Trump protests in New Mexico, suggesting that immigration protesters and people testifying in front of state legislators should be "rounded up" (because that doesn’t sound scary, at all). When the 2016 Republican National Convention rolled around, Kobach was dragging the GOP into its most bigoted era in modern history, making sure that Trump's proposed Border Wall in it. Kobach rode the election of Donald Trump to the White House, continuing to lay seeds of anti-immigrant fears into the ear of a guy who’s already pretty receptive to them. From day one, Kobach wanted to change the way voting rights in our country, because of course he wanted to in order to make sure Democrats could never, ever win. He spent most of the transition trying to get Trump to agree to creating a Muslim registry, a horrifying prospect with all sorts of bad historic parallels as well as “extreme vetting” of all immigrants because we know was an idea because Kobach carelessly allowed his agenda to be revealed by walking in with it out in plain view because he’s a wanker too dumb to invest in a manila folder (they’re too dark a shade of brown for him to hold, of course). For months, Kobach has continued lying his ass off at a frantic and disgusting pace, insisting we need new Voter ID laws even though his own studies disprove that. And yet, he’ll try and convince the public that Donald Trump isn’t lying when he claims Hillary Clinton received 3-5 million illegal votes, or that “a significant number of refugees will become terrorists” (HINT: They won’t, and there’s no evidence to think such a thing would come to pass.) Kris Kobach is now on the legal record, known to be a liar, as he was fined for misleading a Kansas court and refusing to disclose a previous Trump memo. Maybe his reputation as a disingenuous extremist is the reason why when Trump let him created a new “voter fraud commission”, that 44 states (and counting) told him they would not be cooperating with requests to reveal voter information at the risk of revealing the personal details of voters. Hell, even the Secretary of State of Mississippi… hardly the most liberal of individuals… even the Secretary of State of Mississippi told Kobach he could go jump in the Gulf of Mexico with a stupid request like that. But Kobach’s end goals are still working just by requesting that voter information, as some people have begun calling about deregistering for fear that their personal information could fall into the hands of hackers. Kobach and his office responded to online criticism from individuals who said not to do it and give over their personal info in the form of responding by doxxing those critics. Kris Kobach shows that his attempts at purging this country of any immigrant of color like the bigot he is have begun to make him a complete laughing stock. His “voter fraud commission” was disbanded as an abject failure in January of 2018. And, he didn’t just lose his case in court in his last attempt at voter suppression in Kansas in June of 2018, but his attempts to defend his fascist ideas were so poorly logically argued that the judge ordered him to take remedial law school courses. Ignoring that the general public now was well aware that he was a bigoted, incompetent huckster, in June 2017 Kobach announced that he’s running for Governor of Kansas. Kobach managed to win the primary, but as he lost with only 43% of the vote to Laura Kelly in Kansas, a long-time GOP bastion. We thought we were done trying to warn the general populace about this fascist, undemocratic, racist hatemonger… but alas, he ran for U.S. Senate in 2020, hoping to fill the seat of the retiring Pat Roberts. During the campaign, his response to the Covid-19 pandemic was to start fearmongering that infected Chinese people would come across the U.S./Mexico border to spread the disease. Oh, and he proved so incompetent he couldn’t even responsibly keep track of his own firearms, so he predictably lost to Roger Marshall in the primary. As Kobach is for the first time in the history of this blog, not in, or running for elected office, we will set aside his profile at this time to cover another wacky Republican today instead. (Current crazy/stupid scoreboard, is now 1007-50, since this was established in July 2014.


    Karen Bedonie
    Welcome to what is the 1007th original profile here at “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day”, where we’ll be profiling Karen Bedonie, a 2020 candidate for U.S. House of Representatives in New Mexico’s 3rd Congressional District and yet the latest in our far-too-long line of Republicans who ran for Congress in 2020 while also being supporters of the Qanon conspiracy theory. Bedonie managed to post a photo to her Twitter page showing a Trump rally with a “Q” sign in the crowd and a raised fist while adding the “WWG1WGA” hashtag.

    She was also one of the very small caucus of “Native Americans for Trump”, which indicates she never has heard him discuss his very, very racist feelings on our country’s indigenous peoples.

    Karen Bedonie finished third in the GOP Primary in 2020 with 27% of the vote. She is not taking the hint that her conspiracy-peddling ways have no place in politics, as she has thrown her hat in to the ring as a challenger to Governor Michelle Lujan-Grisham in 2022. We have a feeling she’s not going to be very competitive, given the lack of substance to her political stances and… baffling political affiliation versus the ones she has.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  12. #31047
    Astonishing Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    4,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I don't care what those dips***s think. That isn't the point of the investigation.

    The investigation is meant to find out who knew what, who planned what, and to unearth the conspiracy to attempt to attack Congress. Those people are criminals. Every resource needs to be used, and when names start getting named, people are going to turn on each other even more than they already are. There's a reason the GQP have been trying to blame this on Antifa, or re-write history and claim the domestic terrorists in the building were just on a tourist trip. They're trying to rewrite reality, because the reality is, they staged a failed coup. Whether or not they can hold onto power in a gerrymandered district isn't the point. It's to make people like Josh Hawley know the FBI have his phone records and know what who he was talking to. Who at the Trump White House was talking to the organizers of the 1/6 event, and who was talking to the organizers of the Proud Boys' event on 1/5 (because those are the folks who pre-planned an attack).

    It's not just to determine that, even. It's to make sure that the plot is laid out for the public to see and that measures are taken to never, ever let some fascist like Trump to attempt anything like this again. Whoever that might be.

    I'm done trying to wait for people too dumb to get vaccinated because Trump told them not to because we should go maskless and do "herd immunity" while he himself got vaccinated. I'm done with the ones that will argue Trump hasn't always been a criminal, or a racist, or that will argue he never lies. Those people cannot be reached, and are busy prepping to die for his little death cult, sad as that might be.

    It's the people who just don't normally pay attention, or who are on the fence. The people who just lean left but aren't nearly angry enough that voter suppression efforts are trying to make sure next time, the GOP can just try and declare they won, even when they don't.

    I'm not humoring people willing to cause so much unnecessary death, and storm a building to anti-democratically declare themselves in power and murder anyone who opposes them. Or support the people who would. To not stand up now and shout them down is a disservice to this country, its people, and what's right and just real.

    Hate to be dramatic about it, but that's really what we're up against now. People determined to lie all the way to their graves, while they charge into them headlong. But before they get there, to award power to people that will make those still living suffer more.
    I agree with you on all of this.

    My point was that there are so many people I hear talking on News channels and other places that what comes out from the commission will be so damning it will be the end all for the GOP and the GOp cult will just all of the sudden be like "I never knew this I am done with the GOP." and stuff like that. Or that legal charges will stem from this for members of the house or congress. I just dont understand where people have this mindset and where they get it.

    The commission needs to happen and what was known and when needs to come to light because thee are many who want to know just what happened in great detail. I was very upset at the events of the 6th as you were and pretty much everyone on this board. Every detail about that day needs to come to light.

    But what comes out will not be the big game changer, or wake up call for GOP members that some seem to think it is. (You are not one of those I can see that reading your posts) I just dont understand the thought process that people have about this being the end of the QOP because of the commission. That is more what my post was about and where my frustration with people come from.

    Some of the things I have seen on News stations

    "Is the end of the GOP? How Pelsoi will end Trumpism, Members of Congress very worried about losing their base/freedom as the commission nears.

    And the people who are buying into stories like this and discounting the QOP because of it is dangerous.
    Last edited by babyblob; 07-24-2021 at 04:12 AM.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  13. #31048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I agree with you on all of this.

    My point was that there are so many people I hear talking on News channels and other places that what comes out from the commission will be so damning it will be the end all for the GOP and the GOp cult will just all of the sudden be like "I never knew this I am done with the GOP." and stuff like that. Or that legal charges will stem from this for members of the house or congress. I just dont understand where people have this mindset and where they get it.

    The commission needs to happen and what was known and when needs to come to light because thee are many who want to know just what happened in great detail. I was very upset at the events of the 6th as you were and pretty much everyone on this board. Every detail about that day needs to come to light.

    But what comes out will not be the big game changer, or wake up call for GOP members that some seem to think it is. (You are not one of those I can see that reading your posts) I just dont understand the thought process that people have about this being the end of the QOP because of the commission. That is more what my post was about and where my frustration with people come from.
    It won't be the end of the GOP or GQP, regrettably. At this point, they have a dedication to just supporting candidates that "trigger the left", and if it so happens that they do it by supporting domestic terror attacks on their political opposition, that's worth a vote.

    It's not a political party anymore so much as it is an insurgency.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  14. #31049

    Default

    I was on Twitter, and saw a note about "Eric Swalwell trending"...

    And I'm like... no way that's a coincidence.

    Apparently both Fox News and Newsmax have retracted smears they've been sharing about Swalwell regarding his "excessive campaign funds on hotels and liquor", which also named Swalwell's wife and his wife's hotel as one he was funneling money to, while in the company of... a Chinese spy. GASP. The source of that story? Tucker Carlson. Who has no proof. It's almost like the entire story has been a lie.

    Meanwhile, a text exchange has also leaked where Tucker Carlson contacted Rep. Swalwell to say, "Eric, call me." and Swalwell effectively responded to get f***ed, because his wife is a mother of two, pregnant with their third kid, and Tucker's been going all in on smearing him with that same lie regarding him "sleeping with a Chinese spy", when, y'know, he helped the FBI investigate her the minute he found out someone in his orbit was an operative.

    And not for nothing, the Trump administration leaking that story to conservative media and omitting parts to smear Swalwell? If there's one thing that doesn't help the intelligence community catch foreign spies it's yelling your head off to your favorite media sources about it over petty revenge.

    But nobody around here is regurgitating lies from the right wing media, nope, not at all.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  15. #31050
    Astonishing Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    4,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    It won't be the end of the GOP or GQP, regrettably. At this point, they have a dedication to just supporting candidates that "trigger the left", and if it so happens that they do it by supporting domestic terror attacks on their political opposition, that's worth a vote.

    It's not a political party anymore so much as it is an insurgency.
    Yes. Very true. And that is what upsets me. I have heard too many people talking like we are about to be a one party system by the end of the commission and in 2022 and 2024 the GOP will be swept out of office and things will be 100 percent better. And the talking heads on the news stations who use rating grabbing story headlines that feed into this are part of the problem. Its the Dems own version of fake news.

    Its like being down by 7 with 1 minute on the clock and taking a knee at the 50.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •