Page 745 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 24564569573574174274374474574674774874975579584512451745 ... LastLast
Results 11,161 to 11,175 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The real loser of this debate is Chris Wallace who is taking so much hate for how things went down.

I know people are saying they should have a mic shutoff button for Trump on the next two debates. That will never happen. Trump going nuts like that makes for great ratings. How many people who didnt watch the first debate are going to tune into the next one to see Trump **** over everything?

Hell tv porducers were drooling. How often can you have the compleate break down of a president on live tv. No way they will risk missing that by muting his mic.
    Truth. Les Moonves admitted as much in 2016 when he was the head of CBS. There may be a new head of CBS now, but the rule of 2016 remains: Trump = ratings.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The debate really got to him last night. That was clear during the debate and how he looks and acts today. I know he wanted to get a post debate stop in. But maybe he should have made it in the afternoon or evening so he could have gotten more rest because I very much doubt he got much sleep last night.
    My guess is that both Biden and his handlers made a grave mistake in thinking Trump would act like an adult last night, instead, they got "Moe! Larry! The cheese!", and things went straight to hell. I also saw that clip Tami mentioned, Biden's no spring chicken and really should've begged off on that appearance.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

I did not watch the debate, but from the headlines I've seen about it in the newspapers today, it went exactly as I figured it would. I've already voted through the mail. I hope the inevitable court challenges let it count.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Truth. Les Moonves admitted as much in 2016 when he was the head of CBS. There may be a new head of CBS now, but the rule of 2016 remains: Trump = ratings.
    There is a new head of CBS. Moonves retired after several claims of sexual harassment and abuse.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Biden still isn't bringing in any enthusiasm. I still think trump will win.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    News headlines from Fox to Vox are ...

Trump Refused To Condemn White Supremacy Movement
    Even Trump supporter Van Jones, who is friends with Jarvanka, was quite upset.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Biden still isn't bringing in any enthusiasm. I still think trump will win.
    Biden has consistently polled over 50% and has a 7%-9% lead. Trump cannot get above 42%. How does he win?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Biden has consistently polled over 50% and has a 7%-9% lead. Trump cannot get above 42%. How does he win?
    As we saw in 2016 the polls dont mean much. I mean Clinton was beating him pretty much every where and he still won. Because of The EC. Even if the EC does not hand it to Trump how many votes is he going to get thrown out when he controls the Supreme Court? because you know if he doesnt win that is where this is headed. Even if he does win does Biden take it to the courts? Talking about how Biden will win beacuse of the polls ignores voter fraud, voter suppression and intimidation, and a SC controlled 6-3 by the Republicans.

I wouldnt get excited about polls because this race is far from over and as we see this year anything can happen.
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-30-2020 at 10:52 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Rasmussen Reports seems to leave the phase of "propping Trump up with ridiculous outlier polls" for the phase "getting in line with other polls to continue to claim we got the election right next time."
    Following President Trump’s announcement of a U.S. Supreme Court nominee just weeks before Election Day, Democrat Joe Biden has jumped out to an eight-point lead in Rasmussen Reports’ weekly White House Watch survey. The survey does not include reaction to last night’s first Trump-Biden debate.

The latest national telephone and online survey finds Biden leading President Trump 51% to 43% among Likely U.S. Voters. Three percent (3%) prefer some other candidate. Another three percent (3%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

The race had narrowed over the previous three weeks, but Biden has now cleared the 50% mark for the first time. Trump’s latest showing is his lowest since early August.
    https://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...se_watch_sep30

It's a 7 point move in Biden's direction in just one week.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

As we saw in 2016 the polls dont mean much. I mean Clinton was beating him pretty much every where and he still won. Because of The EC. Even if the EC does not hand it to Trump how many votes is he going to get thrown out when he controls the Supreme Court? because you know if he doesnt win that is where this is headed. Even if he does win does Biden take it to the courts?

I wouldnt get excited about polls because this race is far from over and as we see this year anything can happen.
    That's a gross misgeneralization.

The polls accurately reflected the popular vote.

The pollsters and actual analysts said, "Trump could pull a W with the EC, look at these 6 states (4 of which he won)."

That's on "the media" and "the voters" for not paying attention to the actual value of polls. HRC had the time and ability to go to those states and did not. Then you add on the interference shenanigans and we get POTUS Trump.

This go around, you will see general vote polls and then the battleground and state-by-state numbers.

Tells a different story.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Rasmussen Reports seems to leave the phase of "propping Trump up with ridiculous outlier polls" for the phase "getting in line with other polls to continue to claim we got the election right next time."

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...se_watch_sep30

It's a 7 point move in Biden's direction in just one week.
    While I try not to get excited over polls, I'm curious to see what the numbers will look like after reviews of last night's shitshow roll in.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The pollsters and actual analysts said, "Trump could pull a W with the EC, look at these 6 states (4 of which he won)."

That's on "the media" and "the voters" for not paying attention to the actual value of polls. HRC had the time and ability to go to those states and did not. Then you add on the interference shenanigans and we get POTUS Trump.

This go around, you will see general vote polls and then the battleground and state-by-state numbers.

Tells a different story.
    Im sure people did vote as the polls showed in 2016 but what I meant to say is that in the end those polls meant nothing because The EC gave Trump the win. Even if it was predicted. he pulled some interference **** in 2016. He it is proven that he is pulling even more now and all bets are off when he gets his pick for the SC through. That is why Biden supporters and the Dems are shitting their pants at the pick. not because of the ACA , not because of woman's rights (Which are very important and they are worried about) but because it is the only way Trump can pull off a win.

So with so much legal stuff that Trump can and will pull I am not excited for the polls one bit. Because there will be a lot of legal votes that will be thrown out for one reason or another by the SC. Trump will not win the Popular vote. He may not win the EC but there is a great chance he will steal the election thanks to the court. Like I said that is where this is heading.
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-30-2020 at 11:07 AM.

Astonishing Member

Tells a different story.
    The 2016 polls showed that Hillary was winning both the electoral college and popular vote. And we all know how that turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    The 2016 polls showed that Hillary was winning both the electoral college and popular vote. And we all know how that turned out.
    Your link shows the 6 battleground states has +/- 2, less than the margin of error.

That's foolish to call a state at that level of error.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

From Mark Hamill via Twitter:

"That debate was the worst thing I've ever seen & I was in The Star Wars Holiday Special."