Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Lets put this a way for everyone to understand.

One was wanted for a traffic violation.

One was wanted for MURDER of cops. He willingly took the lives of 3 police officers.

If the cops went remake of Predator scene with him-folks would be understanding based on what he did.

However they would STILL expect policy to be followed and those cops be placed on leave as the investigation goes on. Along with any punishment the department sees fit from the investigation. Like it is being done with the first one.

The issue MANY are having is how are these killers going to jail.
    Yes some do surrender.
    Yes some verbally abuse the cop.
    Yes some tease the cop.
    Yes some put HANDS on a cop.
    Yet most STILL manage to reach the jail house.

Meanwhile with SOME black males.

Yes some ran.
    Yes some put up a fight.
    Yes some were surrendering.
    Yes some were talking and cooperating with cops
    Yes some were with their hands up in the air. No I am NOT talking Mike Brown.
    Yes some were following the cops instructions-Philando Castile.
    Yes some got executed on the spot-Tamir Rice.
    Yet they all saw bullets shot at them.

We want to know why are SOME cops so QUICK to pull that trigger for a black guy yet not for white guys-especially cop killers.

If it's a FEAR of black males-we need to know WHAT is the source of it.

Is it Fox News?
    Is it WHITE OWNED record labels that prop up toxic black males who do NOTHING but preach violence?
    Is it WHITE OWNED studios writing checks to black (and white) creators to make shows that showcase blacks as toxic?
    Is it the high number of black males killing black males?
    Is it the JUSTICE SYSTEM that throws the USS Enterprise at a black male who KILLS a non-black person but slaps their wrist when they kill each other?
    Is it BLM that wants black to do whatever to ZERO consequences?

Or it a combination of things? Things that could be address and dealt with if certain political parties and private citizens put aside agendas and address?

So we are NOT wasting tax payer dollars in investigations, court dates and payoffs to families. When COMMON sense could have prevent a lot of things.
    This is a severe overthink of simple racism.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    We don't have to wait...it's been stated out loud by several Republican leaders and even a member of the Supreme Court as being next on the agenda. On top of that we already have states moving to ban affirmative care based on the overturning of Roe, so why pretend that we aren't going to see the same thing with gay marriage?
    I'm even reading that disability lawyers are getting shy about taking cases - one might just make it to the Supreme Court who could say that it isn't explicitly spelled out in the Constitution, therefore all protections are illegal.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

We don't have to wait...it's been stated out loud by several Republican leaders and even a member of the Supreme Court as being next on the agenda. On top of that we already have states moving to ban affirmative care based on the overturning of Roe, so why pretend that we aren't going to see the same thing with gay marriage?
    Look at what's happening in Michigan with an anti reproductive rights law from the 1930's. A lot of states have the anti-marriage equality laws and amendments still on the books. Once the Supreme Court overturns, even states like California with Prop 8 might have an issue. It'll take a ton of legislative action and you know Republicans won't allow that, regardless of how many people are okay with marriage equality.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    This is a severe overthink of simple racism.
    Not necessarily. I think racism has many factors as to where it comes from, and it wouldn't hurt to examine those factors.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Not necessarily. I think racism has many factors as to where it comes from, and it wouldn't hurt to examine those factors.
    Only if you want to show a sympathetic response. Most evil originates somewhere. An abuser, for instance, usually was abused. A racist, for instance, usually was shown or taught racism.

I respect your restraint, but I am all out of restraint right now. Its too dangerous for damaged people to be out there with guns and with authority.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Rudy Giuliani, Lindsey Graham, John Eastman, Cleta Mitchell, Kenneth Chesebro and Jenna Ellis have now been subpoenaed by the Fulton County special grand jury re: Trump's Georgia election interference.

That is quite the dinner party invitee list.
    Last edited by CaptainEurope; 07-05-2022 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Rudy Giuliani, Lindsey Graham, John Eastman, Cleta Mitchell, Kenneth Chesebro and Jenna Ellis have now been subpoenaed by the Fulton County special grand jury re: Trump's Georgia election interference.

That is quite the dinner party invitee list.
    My bet is there will be a lot of Pleading the 5th going on. While Rudi will fall over several times from drinking a 5th.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'm even reading that disability lawyers are getting shy about taking cases - one might just make it to the Supreme Court who could say that it isn't explicitly spelled out in the Constitution, therefore all protections are illegal.
    Disability protections are a result of actual legislation: the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.

The Supreme Court did make two decisions limiting the ADA (Sutton v. United Air Lines was 7-2, Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Kentucky, Inc. v. Williams was unanimous), and Congress responded by passing the ADA Amendments Act of 2008/

One member of the court said that he should reconsider the rationale for Obergfell, which is distinct from him saying there's no legal argument for it. The other justices did not agree with him.

The Alabama situation is a bit messier, since Alabama was trying to ban affirmative care previously and had passed a law. A federal court blocked it, and one of the arguments Alabama is making is that the court's rationale based on the Due Process clause of the 14th amendment no longer applies.

https://www.axios.com/2022/06/28/ala...ns-health-care

But this is not something the Supreme Court has ruled on, or Congress has legislated.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    I would say the police should reasonably know that after a fleeing suspect has been shot 20 times, he is no longer a threat. Shooting him 40 more times, just to be sure, is excessive.
    Of course.

But this may be an example of bad cases making bad laws.

If we go with a new policy, we still have to define it.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Disability protections are a result of actual legislation: the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.

The Supreme Court did make two decisions limiting the ADA (Sutton v. United Air Lines was 7-2, Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Kentucky, Inc. v. Williams was unanimous), and Congress responded by passing the ADA Amendments Act of 2008/

Which the Court can again say is unconstitutional, as they did with the Voting Rights Act, as they did with the ACA, as they did with the EPA, as they did...
    They don't care if legislation has been passed, they rule in whatever way their ideology leads them. Their legal arguments are laughable.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Oh, and once again, it looks like Boris Johnson is toast.

Oh, and once again, it looks like Boris Johnson is toast.
    I havnt had the news on today. What did he do now?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I havnt had the news on today. What did he do now?
    An MP was accused of sexual misconduct (the man on man type). An internal investigation found the accusations credible, but they covered it up and put him in a senior party position. Johnson knew. And then the guy (called Pincher of all things) starts grabbing dicks that do not want to be grabbed and it all comes out. Several cabinet members and party officials have now resigned, saying they can no longer work with or for BoJo.

An MP was accused of sexual misconduct (the man on man type). An internal investigation found the accusations credible, but they covered it up and put him in a senior party position. Johnson knew. And then the guy (called Pincher of all things) starts grabbing dicks that do not want to be grabbed and it all comes out. Several cabinet members and party officials have now resigned, saying they can no longer work with or for BoJo.
    Oh ****! That is pretty damn bad. How long Does Boris have left in his term? I would be shocked if he serves the rest if it is longer then a week or so.

One thing that is bothering me, I mean bothering me to the point it is making me insane (Well more insane) I keep hearing people and not THE GOP and GOP talking heads but Democrats and Dem talking heads and even some gay people talk about how the GOP and SC will not take away Gay marriage. It is safe because even THE GOP will not go that far. WHAT!? Are you kidding me? What the Hell has the GOP dont to earn that level of trust?

This is the problem from Democrats. There are too many that are blind to what the GOP has become. They think the GOP can still be worked with and reasoned with. They either dont want to accept or cant accept what the hell is going on right now.

it baffles the Hell out of me.

Isn't there a gay part of the Republican Party called the Log Cabin Republicans?

Gay marriage has been here for a bit, seems unlikely to me to be targeted because it hasn't proven to do anything people who were afraid of it said it would do. But Utah will be pushing for gay marriage to be gone, even still, I'd bet.