Australian firm sues Twitter for $665,000 for not paying bills

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/07/03/t...ntl/index.html

What. The. Actual. ****.

I knew he was an evil corrupt craven greedy shameless bigot and fascist of the highest order (aka a "Republican even moderate conservatives can vote for with a clean conscience"), but this particular act of villainy is fucking cartoonish. Does he have a side gig as a Captain Planet villain? Seriously the ****, he wants to pave roads with nuclear waste - does he own or have stock in the company pushing to use radioactive waste for roads and to give people cancer, is one of his biggest donors the owner or stockholder of such a company, or does he somehow think exposing drivers to it will somehow "own the libs"? Because, and I honestly and sincerely can't express this near enough, ****!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    What. The. Actual. ****.

I knew he was an evil corrupt craven greedy shameless bigot and fascist of the highest order (aka a "Republican even moderate conservatives can vote for with a clean conscience"), but this particular act of villainy is fucking cartoonish. Does he have a side gig as a Captain Planet villain? Seriously the ****, he wants to pave roads with nuclear waste - does he own or have stock in the company pushing to use radioactive waste for roads and to give people cancer, is one of his biggest donors the owner or stockholder of such a company, or does he somehow think exposing drivers to it will somehow "own the libs"? Because, and I honestly and sincerely can't express this near enough, ****!!!!!!!!!
    Follow the money. There must be a big donor who will benefit from this.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

What. The. Actual. ****.

Imagine the scores of poor devils who have to pave those roads as they’ll be first to die from exposure to that ****. It’s reprehensible on steroids.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Why there won’t be a backlash against the Supreme Court this time

"California is an important state to note because voters there faced a 2020 ballot measure to consider the use of race, sex or ethnicity in government institutions (such as education). A clear majority, 57%, voted against allowing state and local entities to consider such factors in public education, employment and contracting decisions. When a state that voted for Biden by nearly 30 points is against affirmative action, it shouldn’t be surprising that the nation as a whole is.
    A Pew Research Center poll released last month found that 50% of Americans disapproved of certain colleges and universities taking race and ethnicity into account in admissions decisions to increase diversity. Only 33% approved of the practice."

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/07/02/p...ans/index.html
    I was reading today that it’s incredibly unusual in France to take any measure of ethnic diversity in any large organisation (schools, colleges, businesses, etc.). The state is officially “colour blind, race does not matter”.

It sounds wonderful, utopian…

Until you realise that the massive amount of French elite positions are fulfilled by people that look very, very similar. Every one knows it’s skewed, but no one can prove that because no stats are kept.

I became a fan of actually forcing big organisation to keep track of employment by gender and race after working for a couple of very big UK companies. Everybody talked a great game, nobody was openly racist or sexist.

But…the best jobs ended up disproportionately occupied by white people from middle class backgrounds.

Once one of them started doing ethnic surveys, change started to happen. It’s never going to be quick or easy to change top level management structure at a company…but there’s a better chance of it happening at all if you’ve got unambiguous data showing that there is a real issue to be faced.

What. The. Actual. ****.

The different between Trump and DeSantis is while they are both awful human beings, Trump is motivated by ego, power, and greed. Trump's hate is almost always motivated by his ego being injured, he's very capable of making monstrous decisions but in the end it all gets back to his image and his bank account. DeSantis on the other hand, while also motivated by all those things, DeSantis enjoys being cruel, he loves to see people suffering at his hand, he revels in it, which is why he is so much more dangerous than Trump. My further thoughts on him I assuredly can't post without getting banned(again).

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I was reading today that it’s incredibly unusual in France to take any measure of ethnic diversity in any large organisation (schools, colleges, businesses, etc.). The state is officially “colour blind, race does not matter”.

Until you realise that the massive amount of French elite positions are fulfilled by people that look very, very similar. Every one knows it’s skewed, but no one can prove that because no stats are kept.

I became a fan of actually forcing big organisation to keep track of employment by gender and race after working for a couple of very big UK companies. Everybody talked a great game, nobody was openly racist or sexist.

But…the best jobs ended up disproportionately occupied by white people from middle class backgrounds.

Once one of them started doing ethnic surveys, change started to happen. It’s never going to be quick or easy to change top level management structure at a company…but there’s a better chance of it happening at all if you’ve got unambiguous data showing that there is a real issue to be faced.
    At first glance "colorblind" sounds like a good way to approach situations regarding race, but like you pointed out, that's now how the world/history actually works. At best that line of thinking just tends to be a reinforcement of the status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post

Yes, but on the flip side you have dumb things like these, you've probably seen it:

https://news.sky.com/story/royal-air...finds-12911888

"Royal Air Force unlawfully discriminated against white male recruits in bid to boost diversity, inquiry finds"

The same way that when you're hiring for a role you want to interview the candidates with the best CV, you don't want to be told "oh, half of the candidates shortlist needs to be X or Y, even if the CV for those candidates isn't as strong" (it's usually not worded like this but you get the idea). And this is happening in the UK as we speak.

Also, these things take time, I think I had already shared this:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/education-45576261
    "Three in four London students 'from ethnic minorities by 2030'"

But what I thought interesting about that CNN article is that apparently most of the US agrees (and it's not even close) with being color blind towards university admissions.

Also, no one should want to be a "diversity hire".
    Last edited by hyped78; 07-03-2023 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Sen. JD Vance endorses the U.S. military’s going after drug cartels in Mexico

Despite the fact military intervention in another country is illegal as hell, in the end, it wouldn't do a goddamn thing to slow the flow of drugs into the U.S. Idiots like Vance don't understand that until you eliminate the demand, you'll NEVER eliminate the supply. That's why the so-called "War On Drugs" has been an unmitigated failure from jump.
    It should be noted that Republican lawmakers have consistently voted to defund the ATF making it ridiculously easy for disreputable gun dealers to sell weapons and ammunition to gangs who smuggle them across the border to cartels. So, in a very real way Vance and the GOP are helping the cartels.

In fact, since thousands weapons find their way to gangs in South American countries that way, the GOP at the behest of gun manufacturers are helping to create the conditions that cause people to come here seeking asylum.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 07-03-2023 at 07:46 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

What. The. Actual. ****.

Yes, but Biden may have not sent an Xmas card to his granddaughter, so “both sides”.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Yes, but Biden may have not sent an Xmas card to his granddaughter, so “both sides”.
    What is all this about Biden and his granddaughter? I haven't seen any news or anything on that?

What is all this about Biden and his granddaughter? I haven't seen any news or anything on that?
    Because it really is a non-issue, in fact I shouldn’t have even mentioned it again as it just serves to perpetuate it. Now, you’re curious so, even mockingly, I just helped to spread it.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 07-03-2023 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Because it really is a non-issue, in fact I shouldn’t have even mentioned it again as it just serves to perpetuate it. Now, you’re curious so, even mockingly, I just helped to spread it.
    Might not be mockingly - swear to god the first I heard about it myself was last night in this thread. Although I've taken to only watching the news once or twice a week for mental health (not counting weather), so I may be atypical in this.

BANNED

Biden has seven grandchildren but he and the first lady do not recognize or acknowledge one granddaughter because she is the daughter of the stripper that Hunter banged. No Easter egg roll or White House Christmas party for her. Biden family values.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    [SIZE=1]In 2015, 2016, as well as 2017, “Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day” published profiles of Frank Artiles, a member of the Florida House of Representatives who first turned up in the Tea Party Wave of 2010, has a voting record featuring support for drug testing welfare recipients, unnecessary bans on Sharia Law, trying to prevent gays and lesbian couples from adopting children and find ways to deny them their legal right to be married, as well as sponsor pro-life legislation that included a measure to try and change the definition of fetal viability. At the time we gave Artiles the spotlight, he was one of the first Republicans around the country to also support transphobic bathroom legislation, wanting to fine transgendered citizens $1000 for using the “incorrect” bathroom. In our profiles of Artiles, we’ve taken great pains to be as accurate as we can in our discussion of him because he tends to threaten people who report on anything he does with libel and/or slander lawsuits, considering unflattering discussion of him or his interests “bullying”. When we factored in that, along with Artiles being investigated for assault for attacking a man in a night club a few years back, we thought we had more than enough to begin keeping tabs on him.
    In related news from Newsweek:

Ron DeSantis' Campaign Is Imploding

DeSantis's unfavorable rating among potential voters has been steadily rising since late March, when he recorded a split 39.3 percent favorable rating. This includes the time after he confirmed his 2024 bid in late May in an error-strewn Twitter Space online announcement.

Trump has come out on top in all the most recent surveys, according to FiveThirtyEight's collection of GOP primary polls. A YouGov poll conducted between June 24 and 27 showed the former president 27 points ahead of DeSantis (52 to 25 percent).

As of June 30, Trump leads the GOP primary on average with 51.8 percent, with DeSantis a distant second on 23.5 percent.

Speaking to CBS in late June, former Maryland Republican Governor Larry Hogan said DeSantis' campaign is "one of the worst I've seen so far, and he's dropped like a rock."

"I think it's getting close to being over," Hogan told weekly podcast The Takeout.
    Note: Newsweek chooses to deadname a famous trans republican in the article.
    Last edited by CaptainEurope; 07-03-2023 at 08:52 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    Biden has seven grandchildren but he and the first lady do not recognize or acknowledge one granddaughter because she is the daughter of the stripper that Hunter banged. No Easter egg roll or White House Christmas party for her. Biden family values.
    Supposedly, Hunter blocked that little girl from having Biden as her last name. I don't get why he wants to erase his own child.