Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Another mass shooting. Didnt think we could get through the 4th without one.

A Parade in Highland Park, Illinois. Not a lot of Details but many are feared dead. I am getting so sick of this.

Cant even go to a 4th of July Parade any more.
    5 dead, 16 hurt at last update.

Check that. 6 dead, 24 injured.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 07-04-2022 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

This is just awful. When will this country wake the heck up.

Here come the "It was his mental health" people. Dont want to hear it ok.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Dreadful. Absolutely dreadful.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Both Fetterman and Rev. Warnock seem to be opening wide leads in the polls.

Here is why that is bad news for Democrats.
    Why? Do you have a link or something more to add?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Terrorists and other Mass Killers have three preferred ways to killing large numbers of people.

1. Airplanes/Airplane Hijacking
    2. Bombs and Similar Explosives
    3. Cars, trucks, and other vehicles
    4. Guns, Rifles, and similar weapons

Of those four, which ones have the least amount of regulations, security, and oversight? As well as being the easiest to gain access to?

Guns, Rifles, and similar weapons.

It is possible to make a bomb in your home, but actually having it go off and kill someone isn't that common.

I don't have the data, but when I do I'll share it.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Why? Do you have a link or something more to add?
    Just predicting how the beltway media will report this.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Just predicting how the beltway media will report this.
    You fooled me. I was sure Chuck Todd had already said it.

There are some interesting questions here. On the specific point about the New York attorney general trying to prevent search engines from directing anyone to crisis pregnancy centers which try to dissuade abortions, any policy that applies to that situation would have to apply to all situations. One obvious implication would be political campaigns. Something that prevents crisis pregnancy centers from showing up in search results for abortion can also be used to prevent material critical of Trump from his search results.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    This is just awful. When will this country wake the heck up.

Here come the "It was his mental health" people. Dont want to hear it ok.
    The denial from gun rights activists is akin to what you might hear from an addict. Looking at how many guns we have in this country compared to every other country in the world, I would say we definitely have a gun addiction problem.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    An opinion piece that I'm still thinking on and haven't made up my mind if she is right or not.

The Far Right and Far Left Agree on One Thing: Women Don’t Count

The word 'Woman" hasn't disappeared from the vocabulary, people who are female and adults are referred to as Women or a Woman. I don't know of any group of any kind that objects to the use of the word Woman.

Don't know if this is actually a thing.
    The argument this refers to is about how some Democrats used weird terms like birthing person instead of woman to refer to people affected by abortion restrictions and other laws.

https://www.newsweek.com/biden-admin...idance-1598343

Obviously this is meant to be inclusive, but this kind of stuff complicates messaging at an important time.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    ...but Gay Marriage is next on the agenda to remove.
    Let's take a look at this one in two years.

To be clear, I wasn't advocating in my previous post that the two white suspects should have been killed. I'm glad they were brought in alive to face justice. What I was pointing out was that both suspects had killed cops. So you kind of expect the cops to go after them guns blazing. Instead, they were brought in alive, while an unarmed black man was shot so many times that they can't even accurately tell how many times he was shot.

This might actually have a shot at being passed, especially since McConnell is starting to worry about the midterms. No doubt he'll let this get passed, then try to spin it that it was all the Republican's idea and he forced it past a Democratic blockade or something.
    The implication of the comparison is that either the white guy should be shot, or that all cops are the same, which complicates prosecutions. It's one problem with the comparison of two sets of cops. It suggests that the other cops should also live down to expectations of their detractors.

With the insulin policy, traditional Republicans are generally against prize caps although some of the Trumpy ones are pretty willing to do that kind of stuff. There may be an exception with this issue, given the consequences of the abuses. I'd also hope Republicans hoping for a different solution don't make the perfect the enemy of the good.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The implication of the comparison is that either the white guy should be shot, or that all cops are the same, which complicates prosecutions. It's one problem with the comparison of two sets of cops. It suggests that the other cops should also live down to expectations of their detractors.
    No Mets, the implication is that cops clearly have two sets of standards on how to deal with suspects- one if they are white, and one if they are black. To deny that is just being obstinant at this point.

Manhunt on for Sniper Who Attacked July 4 Parade in Highland Park, Killing 6

Illinois police are hunting for an “active shooter” who perched on a rooftop with a high-powered rifle and opened fire on a July 4 parade in Highland Park, killing at least six people and sending dozens more to the hospital.

Seven hours after the gunman escaped the chaotic scene in a wealthy Chicago suburb, authorities released the name of a “person of interest,” 22-year-old Robert “Bobby” Crimo, who lives in the area.

He was believed to be driving a 2010 silver Honda Fit, and even though police recovered a rifle from the scene, he was considered armed and very dangerous.
    One witness, Shawn Cotreau, said he saw the shooter on the roof of a business along the parade route.

“I turned around and things were in flames, the tree was getting pelted with bullets and I could see the shooter,” Cotreau told CBS Chicago. “It took people 10 to 15 seconds to realize he was actually shooting.

“He was pointing [the gun] downward toward the center of the street,” he added. “I felt like the gunshots went on for minutes, it just didn’t stop.”

The NorthShore Highland Park Hospital said it treated 26 patients—ages 8 to 85—all but one of whom had gunshot wounds. Nineteen have already been treated and released. Of the rest, one was transferred to Evanston Hospital for neurological surgery.

Urgent >> Highland Park Shooting Person of Interest: Robert (Bobby) E. Crimo III. Source: Highland Park Police Department
    Last edited by Tami; 07-04-2022 at 03:33 PM.

Astonishing Member

The amount of ammo you hear being unloaded is insane. it sounds like a warzone. What hunting needs that? Or "family protection"?

Sadly The America we live in now that nothing says USA like being shot at a 4th of July Event.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    The amount of ammo you hear being unloaded is insane. it sounds like a warzone. What hunting needs that? Or "family protection"?
    Sen Tammy Duckworth was at the recent press conf with the Mayor and the Governor. She said that the last time she heard that sound was in Iraq.