Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    First defendant Travis McMichael Guilty on all counts.

They have to read for the other 2.
    I just heard

Jury finds all 3 men guilty of murder in Ahmaud Arbery’s death

This was quick

BRUNSWICK, Ga. — Jurors have found all three men guilty of murder in the killing of Ahmaud Arbery.

The decision was read to the court shortly after 1:30 p.m. Wednesday.

Earlier Wednesday, jurors asked to review video of the deadly encounter between Arbery and the men charged with murder in his killing as deliberations entered their second day here in coastal Georgia.

The jury also asked the court to play a recording of the 911 call that one of the defendants placed on Feb. 23, 2020, just before his son fatally shot Arbery, a 25-year-old Black man. Their verdict in this nationally watched case —follows 10 days of witness testimony .

Greg McMichael, his son Travis McMichael and their neighbor William “Roddie” Bryan were charged with murder, aggravated assault, false imprisonment and attempt to falsely imprison.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    If you had been following the discussion, courts have disallowed access to falsifiable evidence and there is only the suggestive evidence. That and Democrats are lying hypocrites working a machine of greed and power.
    Are you trying to express a legal thingie?

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    To be honest there really is no other way this could have gone. These 3 murdered that man for no reason. It was a modern day lynching plain and simple.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

To be honest there really is no other way this could have gone. These 3 murdered that man for no reason. It was a modern day lynching plain and simple.
    That hasn't stop people from getting off before. What would you cal Trayvon Martin?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That hasn't stop people from getting off before. What would you cal Trayvon Martin?
    Sadly this is too true a statement. I admit I was worried about the verdict myself.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

And they probably would have gotten away with it too if someone hadn't posted a video of the killing thinking that it would actually help clear them.
    *I think that was this case, I can't keep them all straight anymore

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Trayvon's case- a case of attorneys going for the home run (AKA fame and possible places in Washington DC) instead of going for the bunt (something that could get a guilty verdict).

The court system failed Trayvon. If he is walking down the street that is not grounds to follow him. If he was walking down the street and going into folk's yards and looking into windows-different story.

That was a witch hunt to vilify a black boy with some black folks joining in.

The former prosecutor charged with misconduct for her handling of the Ahmaud Arbery case was booked at a Georgia jail on Wednesday and released.

Former Brunswick Judicial Circuit District Attorney Jackie Johnson turned herself in Wednesday morning at the Glynn County jail, county Undersheriff Ron Corbett said. Jail records show she was released on her own recognizance, meaning she did not have to pay a cash bond.

A grand jury indicted Johnson, 49, last week on a felony charge of violating her oath of office and a misdemeanor count of obstructing police. Johnson was the area’s top prosecutor when three white men chased and fatally shot Arbery last year. The indictment alleges she used her position to discourage police from making arrests in the 25-year-old Black man’s killing.

Johnson did not immediately return a phone message Wednesday. Officials at the jail and the Glynn County Superior Court clerk’s office said their records did not list an attorney for her.
    The McMichaels and Bryan weren’t charged in the killing until more than two months later, after the video was leaked online and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation took over the case. Now all three men are scheduled to stand trial this fall on murder charges.

Greg McMichael worked for Johnson as an investigator in the district attorney’s office before retiring in 2019. Phone records introduced in court show he called Johnson and left her a voicemail soon after the shooting.

Johnson has previously denied any wrongdoing, saying she recused her office from the case immediately because of its relationship with Greg McMichael.

Georgia Attorney General Chris Carr’s office is prosecuting Johnson. Carr sought the misconduct investigation last year, saying the first outside prosecutor he appointed to handle the case had been recommended by Johnson, who never disclosed that she had already asked that prosecutor to advise police in the immediate aftermath of Arbery’s killing.

That outside prosecutor, Waycross Judicial Circuit District Attorney George Barnhill, later recused himself – but not before sending a letter to Glynn police advising that he believed the shooting of Arbery was justified.

Factbox: Timeline of the Ahmaud Arbery case

Nov 24 (Reuters) - Ahmaud Arbery, a 25-year-old Black man, was running through a mostly white neighborhood on Feb. 23, 2020, when he was chased by three white men in two trucks and shot to death. The killing took place about two miles (3.2 km) from his mother's house near Brunswick, Georgia.

Here is the timeline of the case:

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

The SPD, Greens and FDP have agreed on a coalition treaty, which is kind of blueprint of their plans for Germany for the next 4 years.

I am pleasantly surprised how much in it I like.

Some highlights are:
    • Exploring lowering the federal voting age to 16.
    • Improving access to abortion by eliminating a law banning doctor's offices "advertising" abortion services (i. e. offering any kind of information on it).
    • Many improvements to allowing access to higher education to poorer kids (higher monthly payments, higher income threshold of their parents, smaller percentage of it to be paid back later, more flexibility in changing your majors without losing the benefit).
    • Removal of a law that required trans people to have therapy before seeking gender reassignment surgery and change in legal status.
    • Getting out of coal 8 years earlier than the last government's plan, investing more into rail and less into roads and other climate initiatives.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    The SPD, Greens and FDP have agreed on a coalition treaty, which is kind of blueprint of their plans for Germany for the next 4 years.

Some highlights are:
    • Improving access to abortion by eliminating a law banning doctor's offices "advertising" abortion services (i. e. offering any kind of information on it).
    • Many improvements to allowing access to higher education to poorer kids (higher monthly payments, higher income threshold of their parents, smaller percentage of it to be paid back later, more flexibility in changing your majors without losing the benefit).
    • Removal of a law that required trans people to have therapy before seeking gender reassignment surgery and change in legal status.
    • Getting out of coal 8 years earlier than the last government's plan, investing more into rail and less into roads and other climate initiatives.

I dont know much about German Politics. is a 16 year old voting age something that people really are going for?

I am really happy about the Removal of the law that required Trans people to to go through therapy.

Making Higher Education more available is always a good thing

BANNED

I think the message of these two trials is that the prosecutor/DA for the Rittenhouse trial was simply not as good as the one in the Arbery trial.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post

Some highlights are:
    I hope it does well. With AfD and other far-right parties hovering over the fringes, the German Center-Left need to put in a good showing now that they're in power for the first time since Pre-Merkel.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Yeah, sooner than I thought. I guess the evidence against those three goons was too overwhelming. Good!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yeah, sooner than I thought. I guess the evidence against those three goons was too overwhelming. Good!
    Between the video of the killing, The man on the stand admitting that Arbery never had a gun and did not threaten him, and the most blatant racist remarks from the lawyers that even had people on Fox News going WTF! The jury wasnt taking any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I think the message of these two trials is that the prosecutor/DA for the Rittenhouse trial was simply not as good as the one in the Arbery trial.
    The defense attorneys were also much better in the Rittenhouse trial.
    Dark does not mean deep.