Page 611 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 11151156160160760860961061161261361461562166171111111611 ... LastLast
Results 9,151 to 9,165 of 75153
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Bro:

I know you won't like the source, but within the quote I provide, are direct links to archive.gov and whitehouse.gov, showing exactly who signed what. So...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/19/u...-veterans.html

just so you don't have to click the vile liberal spider web that is NYTimes, here's what Obama signed (with McCain)
    https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...urces-it-needs

Here's what Trump signed
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...sion-act-2018/

So don't say Obama didn't do ****.

Trump's lack of response to the Covid crisis has not helped these matters at all, nor has the hampering of the Postal Service, but that's been well covered elsewhere.
    Bro, have to admit you are correct on the initial signing. Trump eliminated the sunset provision on the law that would have ended it and extended funding.
    Don't know why there would be a sunset provision in the first place but credit Obama for signing it. But you certainly can't say Trump hasn't helped vets by what he has done.

As far as Covid, I'd remind everyone of the dems condemnation of Trumps China ban early on. If he hadn't done that (as Biden wouldn't have) things would be far worse. Plus dem governors sending Covid positive patients back to nursing homes wasn't very beneficial...

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    Bro, have to admit you are correct on the initial signing. Trump eliminated the sunset provision on the law that would have ended it and extended funding.
    Don't know why there would be a sunset provision in the first place but credit Obama for signing it. But you certainly can't say Trump hasn't helped vets by what he has done.

As far as Covid, I'd remind everyone of the dems condemnation of Trumps China ban early on. If he hadn't done that (as Biden wouldn't have) things would be far worse. Plus dem governors sending Covid positive patients back to nursing homes wasn't very beneficial...
    Trump’s early coronavirus ban on travelers from China was full of holes

President Trump has repeatedly credited his February ban on travelers from mainland China as his signature move against the advance of the coronavirus pandemic — a “strong wall” that allowed only U.S. citizens inside, he boasted in May.

But Trump’s wall was more like a sieve.

Exempted were thousands of residents of the Chinese territories of Hong Kong and Macao. An analysis of Commerce Department travel entry records and private aviation data obtained by the Associated Press show that nearly 8,000 Chinese nationals and foreign residents of the territories entered the U.S. on more than 600 commercial and private flights in the first three months after the ban was imposed.
    AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s inaccurate boasts on China travel ban

Most major airlines had already suspended flights to China prior to the announcement on Jan. 31, following the lead of several major international carriers that had stopped due to the coronavirus outbreak. Delta, American and United cited a sharp drop in demand for the flights, and an earlier State Department advisory told Americans not to travel to China because of the outbreak.
    There were plenty of gaps in containment.

Trump’s order did not fully “close” the U.S. off to China, as he asserts. It temporarily barred entry by foreign nationals who had traveled in China within the previous 14 days, with exceptions for the immediate family of U.S. citizens and permanent residents. Americans returning from China were allowed back after enhanced screening at select ports of entry and for 14 days afterward. But U.S. scientists say screenings can miss people who don’t yet show symptoms of COVID-19; while symptoms often appear within five or six days of exposure, the incubation period is 14 days.

A recent study from the journal Science found China’s internal crackdown modestly delayed the spread of the virus. It cast doubt that travel restrictions elsewhere will do much compared with other preventive measures, citing in part the likelihood that a large number of people exposed to the virus had already been traveling internationally without being detected.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

AP not my idea of unbiased but are you implying Biden would have initiated a China travel ban? Or European travel ban?

I didn’t say Trump didn’t do anything. I simply said that Obama, in fact, did.

Trump doing one good thing here, and one right thing there, doesn’t negate the fact That he has undeniably, whatever your politics are, bumbled the fucking **** out of the pandemic response. And that’s putting it nicely. We are still a nation that is divided on wearing fucking masks which are; ya know, historically proven to prevent the spread of viruses, and germs, hence the continual use in hospitals on a pre pandemic daily basis for hundreds of years, because of Trump.

Say what you like, and vote however you want, but Trump is a decisive, incompetent President, and this country is where it is now because of him. You can still believe in conservative values, and supporting the police and recognize that the man is not fit to serve in the highest office this country holds. On a national stage. On a world stage. On an open mic night stage at the local comedy club, were they able to safely host events.

If you watched the RNC speeches and came away with anything other than a message of a divided, racist America, I don’t know what to tell you. Because that was the message they pushed.

AP not my idea of unbiased but are you implying Biden would have initiated a China travel ban? Or European travel ban?
    Joe Biden’s Plan to Beat COVID-19

Biden would have followed the Pandemic Response Plan, created by experts based on previous responses to outbreaks like Ebola and AIDS and other major epidemics/Pandemics. The one that Trump discarded early in his administration.

Trump team failed to follow NSC’s pandemic playbook
    Last edited by Tami; 08-31-2020 at 05:35 PM.

Spidey, the AP is just about the definition of unbiased. Where else on this planet are you, specifically you, getting your news that is less biased than the goddamn Associated Press?!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Joe Biden’s Plan to Beat COVID-19

Biden would have followed the Pandemic Response Plan, created by experts based on previous responses to outbreaks like Ebola and AIDS and other major epidemics/Pandemics. The one that Trump discarded early in his administration.

Trump team failed to follow NSC’s pandemic playbook
    Which relies heavily on WHO input, which has been shown to be inept at best, a tool.kf the Chinese at worst.

BANNED

Spidey, the AP is just about the definition of unbiased. Where else on this planet are you, specifically you, getting your news that is less biased than the goddamn Associated Press?!
    I have to disagree bro, not as one-sided as CNN, MSNBC but IMO fails to provide necessary context and counter info .

It really doesn’t, though.

Why do you mention one sided news channels and not mention Fox?

Which relies heavily on WHO input, which has been shown to be inept at best, a tool.kf the Chinese at worst.
    I request proof to support that statement, excluding comments made by Trump and his supporters. Proof not only for this year but also for previous years.

What Does the World Health Organization Do?

oday, the WHO monitors and coordinates activities concerning many health-related issues, including genetically modified foods, climate change, tobacco and drug use, and road safety. The WHO is also an arbiter of norms and best practices. Since 1977, the organization has maintained a list of essential medicines it encourages hospitals to stock. The WHO has since made a similar list of diagnostic tests, and it has plans to add devices, such as X-ray and ultrasound machines.
    Some of the WHO’s most lauded successes [PDF] include its child vaccination programs, which contributed to the eradication of smallpox in 1979 and a 99 percent reduction in polio infections in recent decades, and its leadership during the 2003 severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) epidemic. The agency has the exclusive authority to declare global health emergencies, which it has done several times since its members granted it the power in 2007. At present, the WHO’s work includes combating emergencies, such as the worldwide outbreak of a new coronavirus disease known as COVID-19, and promoting refugees’ health.
    World Health Organization

That said, what you are talking about would be like giving someone credit for not opening the oven and spraying lighter fluid all over a chicken that someone else already had baking right before tossing a match into the oven.

Sure. You have the most basic degree of competence.

Congrats.

47a.jpg

3sm8ol.jpg

How can you possibly like both?
    Last edited by chicainery; 08-31-2020 at 06:17 PM.

Spectacular Member Kuro no Shinigami's Avatar

https://www.kmov.com/news/two-st-lou...8afefea37.html

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/202...sultPosition=7

Officer Tamarris L. Bohannon, 29, died Sunday, a day after he was shot in the head. He leaves behind a wife and three children.

A 43-year-old man is in custody but had not been charged by midday Monday. The suspect is white. Bohannon was Black, as was a second officer who was shot in the leg and is expected to survive. That officer's name has not been released.

Police used a bullhorn to order the suspect out and fired tear gas into the house, but fired no gunshots, the department said.

A white guy armed with a gun killed a black cop and the police fired tear gas at him, but they fired no gunshots at him.

Double standards.
    Last edited by Kuro no Shinigami; 08-31-2020 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The short answer would be----not a damn thing. Trump, by having dodged the draft made him unworthy of respect from the brave men and women who chose to serve and, in some cases, paid the ultimate price. Trump insulted a Gold Star family (the Khans), told the widow of a serviceman killed in Niger "He knew what he was getting into", and, more recently, the shenanigans of his stooge at the USPS fucked things up to the point where veterans who depended on the mail to get their medications were left high and dry. ANY veteran who cozies up to Trump, or worse, kisses his ass is a traitor to everyone, myself included who served.
    Though I'm certainly not voting for Trump, I would like Biden to address his strong support and even promotion of the invasion of Iraq as well as his view of the catastrophic outcomes of US military action during Libya and later Iraq. My major concern with Biden is in foreign policy that could lead to warfare putting foreign civilians and US troops at great risk of protracted conflicts. One thing about Trump is that he has been reticent to really use US military force even in cases where you'd expect anyone to.

From GW Bush and through Obama, I haven't been comfortable with our continued military involvement in the Middle East and our aggressive support for nationalist leaders and oligarchs in the Ukraine and other former Soviet states increasing the tensions with Russia. Before Bush was elected, I told people that we'd be in a war in Iraq under his administration - I didn't expect 9/11 to give him the excuse, though, and if Biden wins, I fear we'll be in a war in Eastern Europe or South America before we know it. I'd like to see more what Biden learned from his experiences and how he would approach things differently. Also, I'd like to see how he feels about the Patriot Act he supported as well.

BANNED

I'd throw most of Fox in there as well. I do think Brett Bair and Chris Wallace play it as straight down the middle as anyone. I don't expect straight news from Hannity anymore than I do Maddow or Cuomo.