Page 900 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 400800850890896897898899900901902903904910950100014001900 ... LastLast
Results 13,486 to 13,500 of 75153

Schumer on Maddow is saying that the Democrats will boycott the vote to move Barrett out of committee. Theoretically, there needs to be at least 2 of the minority party present for the vote to be official, but McConnell can move it out anyway with a vote of at least 51 Senators.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I'm paying attention to South Carolina... because if we see Lindsey Graham is toast early on election night...

It's gonna be a bloodbath for the GOP.
    My best friend moved to SC just before COVID became an obvious issue. He says the polls wound real - there are a LOT of people who want nothing more than to see Linday gone, but that this seems to be a special case. People are fed up with him in particular, independent of the POTUS election.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    My best friend moved to SC just before COVID became an obvious issue. He says the polls wound real - there are a LOT of people who want nothing more than to see Linday gone, but that this seems to be a special case. People are fed up with him in particular, independent of the POTUS election.
    I moved away from SC. Due to getting rid of my yeet family and their crooked politics. I mean **** it got to the point they stripped poor/disabled people of their food stamps.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Is, like, Mitch McConnell okay? Like physically okay? This doesn't look good. I don't care for him but yeesh. What's going on with him?
    That reminds me of a book I got as a kid of a ship that got stuck in the artic ice in the 1800's. Decades later an expedition found the ship and the remains of the crew, perfectly preserved due to the cold. The frozen men's skin looked a lot like Mitch's hands.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    That reminds me of a book I got as a kid of a ship that got stuck in the artic ice in the 1800's. Decades later an expedition found the ship and the remains of the crew, perfectly preserved due to the cold. The frozen men's skin looked a lot like Mitch's hands.
    Looks like he was on IVs recently, so probably getting prophylactic antibody treatment for COVID, I'd wager. That said, there are lots of other legitimate reasons some in his age range could have to be on IVs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    I moved away from SC. Due to getting rid of my yeet family and their crooked politics. I mean **** it got to the point they stripped poor/disabled people of their food stamps.
    What part? He moved to Traveler's Rest, adjacent to Greenville.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    What part? He moved to Traveler's Rest, adjacent to Greenville.
    Marlboro County. Poorest county of the state aka its ass.

The only place worst is the South west parts blocked off.

Why: During WW2 where did USA get uranium for the bombs? South Carolina, hips full of the ****. The extraction left the land dead and poisonous. Funny enough SC has dirt cheap energy due to all the nuke power plants there.
    Last edited by The Chou Lives; 10-21-2020 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Reminded me of the make-up for the mutants in Beneath the Planet of the Apes.
    Watching television is not an activity.

In Georgia, the senate campaign has become anything but local as two of the leading Republican candidates trade barbs over a portrait of Mao Zedong.

On Tuesday, Rep. Doug Collins (R-GA), one of the many candidates competing for the seat left open by the retiring Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-GA), went after Sen. Kelly Loeffler (R-GA) for an Andy Warhol painting or print of Mao hanging in her estate. The Loeffler campaign did not respond to questions about the portrait, spokesman Stephen Lawson telling TPM that “we’ve said all we’re going to say about this lie from Doug Collins’ campaign.”
    Picardfacepalm.jpg

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/*...ns-trump-china

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    He's still got it. Great speech.

Short and sweet, Obama KILLED IT! His oratory skills are still at final boss level, and it couldn't have come at a better time and in a better place than here in Philly to help Biden.

Meanwhile, I have my eye on Florida, partly because of the likelihood of Ron DeSantis emptying his trove of dirty tricks to help Trump, and, what I've heard about segments of Latinos falling in with Trump, then again, I might have heard that wrong.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Real "Hunter" Scandal

Donald Trump, Jr. went to Mongolia, illegally slaughtered a rare and majestic animal, and used his political influence to stay out of prison. But hey, let's waste time yammering about some stupid laptop Joe Biden's son had.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-22-2020 at 01:54 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

OH WBE-Eeeeeeeeeeeee.....

Allen wanted to jump in to give his two-racist cents and talk about how police are awesome and … that, I guess? He then explained that there are programs for disadvantaged groups already. He must be talking about the ones that Republican politicians in Maine have been attacking and cutting funding from for about a decade. He then went on to give what is arguably the most concise racist logic about law enforcement’s use of violence against Black people you will ever read. When asked if what he was basically saying was that Black people are more likely to be shot by police because Allen thinks the Black family unit has eroded, Allen went full-blown bananas cuckoo clock.

JAY ALLEN: No. They [police] are less likely. Because they know that if they shoot a Black person then they will face an inquisition if they shoot that Black person. So they have to be pretty sure that that Black person needs to be shot.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...ist-commentary

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

Meanwhile, I have my eye on Florida, partly because of the likelihood of Ron DeSantis emptying his trove of dirty tricks to help Trump, and, what I've heard about segments of Latinos falling in with Trump, then again, I might have heard that wrong.
    Grain of salt since this is just on what i've seen in one area, but I feel like down here in central Florida opinions have stayed consistent since 2016, the people who hate Trump still hate him and the people that love him still (literally) proudly wave his flag. That being in the city too, I'm sure the more south you get the more Trumpers you get because well, the more south you get the more south you get. I feel like whatever way Florida goes it will be close enough that DeSantis and his cronies will turn it into a Trump victory.
    Last edited by Panfoot; 10-22-2020 at 04:45 AM.

Astonishing Member

This is the book that the WH claims it details trump's healthcare accomplishments. And yet, in the real world, we haven't seen any healthcare accomplishments. If the book isn't all fluff then why hasn't the WH bragged about these accomplishments?

Because it’s a sham.

In the Graham news I looked up Graham’s debate against a Harrison.

https://youtu.be/A9D_RLWyxZU

As a former South Carolina resident I got this to say:

1: a Graham tried to be Trump and failing ( when Trump ran, hated Trump, ow supports his platform. Guy is a jelly fish.)

2: He is really in the blame game and fear mongering instead of addressing issues.

3: The textile industry?! Dude we just grow cotton. In the 80s your tippy business men folk decided to make more money shipping our cotton to have Asian sweat shop workers do it, as it’s cheaper. My home town had 3 cotton factories, made clothes. My maternal great grandpas worked in them. Conditions were so damn bad they got the black lung from it. Hell when I was 4 it was all **** down, my living grandma and mom worked in the same factory ( then mom became a postal worker.)

4: Unemployment plan?! Dude. Your unemployment plan is cutting the social welfare benefits to the point people have to work or they will die from lack of. That **** is not smart right now.

5: I find it hiralous my home state has a more civil debate than the president one. Then again because Trump was not in it.