Page 691 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 19159164168168768868969069169269369469570174179111911691 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,365 of 75153

There was a preacher in my town. He told everyone in his church in a mass email that god and all the little unborn babies are very happy at the News of RBG death. Now we can get a justice who will bring America back to god's law, We will have prayer in public school, America will go back to practicing the one true religion. The heathens, Muslims and Democrats had better beware because this is a sign from god things are changing in this country.

Sadly I know there are many who will beleive that.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

GOP governor breaks ranks and urges Senate Republicans to hold off on Ginsburg replacement

On Saturday morning, Gov. Charlie Baker (R-MA) issued a statement on Twitter urging Senate Republicans to hold off on filling Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s seat until after the November election.

Baker, considered one of the most moderate Republican governors, did not clarify whether he supports waiting until after the new Congress is seated and presidential inauguration takes place, or just after the election itself. However, he made clear he doesn’t want the confirmation to be tainted with “partisan political infighting.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    There was a preacher in my town. He told everyone in his church in a mass email that god and all the little unborn babies are very happy at the News of RBG death. Now we can get a justice who will bring America back to god's law, We will have prayer in public school, America will go back to practicing the one true religion. The heathens, Muslims and Democrats had better beware because this is a sign from god things are changing in this country.

Celebrating a woman's death to push your religion off on everyone else. Just like Jesus would have wanted.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Getting lost among all the other chaos this week, Julian Assange's lawyer says Assange was offered a presidential pardon if he helped to "resolve" Russia's role in the hacking of DNC emails

Assange's lawyer, Jennifer Robinson, said she saw then-Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, R-Calif., and Trump associate Charles Johnson make the offer during an August 2017 meeting at London's Ecuadorian Embassy, where Assange was evading arrest at the time. His seven-year stay there came to an end in April 2019 when Ecuador revoked his political asylum and invited police officers inside to arrest him.

Rohrabacher and Johnson said Trump knew about the meeting and approved offering Assange what they described as a "win-win" proposal, according to Robinson's statement provided to Assange's hearing in Old Bailey court.

Rohrabacher explained that he wanted to resolve the ongoing speculation about Russian involvement in the Democratic National Committee (DNC) leaks to WikiLeaks," Robinson said. "He said that he regarded the ongoing speculation as damaging to U.S.-Russian relations, that it was reviving old Cold War politics, and that it would be in the best interests of the U.S. if the matter could be resolved."

In return, the men offered "some form of pardon, assurance or agreement which would both benefit President Trump politically and prevent U.S. incitement and extradition" for Assange, Robinson said in the statement.

At the hearing Friday, James Lewis, prosecutor for the U.S. government, said: "The position of the government is we don't contest these things were said. We obviously do not accept the truth of what was said by others."
    Robinson and Assange turned down the offer since it was against WikiLeak's "policy" to reveal sources.

But Rohrabacher has contradicted this version

At no time did I offer Julian Assange anything from the president because I had not spoken with the president about this issue at all," Rohrabacher said in a February statement. "However, when speaking with Julian Assange, I told him that if he could provide me information and evidence about who actually gave him the DNC emails, I would then call on President Trump to pardon him."

He said that on his return to Washington he "wasn't successful in getting this message through to the president" but that "I still call on him to pardon Julian Assange, who is the true whistleblower of our time."
    Someone is not telling the truth here so I guess it depends on who you trust. The Daily Beast expanded on it a bit in their piece...

The White House has denied that Trump took part in any such plan.

The claim itself is not new—Assange’s lawyers previewed the allegation in a pre-trial hearing in February—but this is the first time Robinson’s testimony has been heard in full. The WikiLeaks lawyer said Rohrabacher offered Assange the deal a year after emails that damaged Hillary Clinton in the presidential race had been published, when the Russia investigation was gathering pace. The stolen DNC emails posted by WikiLeaks were hacked by Russian operatives.

After Robinson read her testimony in a London courtroom on Friday, lawyers representing the U.S. accepted the witness statement as accurate and confirmed they had no intention of cross-examining the claim. They did dispute, however, that President Donald Trump gave his blessing for the pardon offer.

James Lewis, who was representing the U.S. government, said, “The position of the government is we don't contest these things were said. We obviously do not accept the truth of what was said by others.”
    My obviously biased take is that Trump was very involved in this and Rohrabacher is being a good little Trump toady and covering for Trump. Rohrabacher, who lost his re-election bid has not been asked as of yet to testify under oath. I didn't recall this but the article states that he was known as Putin's favorite congressman.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Really, it's all going to come down to if Grassly, Murkowski, Collins, and Romney are going to keep their words. That's it.

The future of the Republic is going to come down to the integrity of four members of the Republican party, a party which has zero frigging integrity.
    Lindsey Graham also was on record that he would not confirm a Supreme Court Justice in the year of a presidential election. As recently as 2018.

I know, we're expecting these ghouls to keep their word, and not be hypocrites, but it's long past time that you'd expect them to honor any promises. They break them as easy as they breathe.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Lindsey Graham also was on record that he would not confirm a Supreme Court Justice in the year of a presidential election. As recently as 2018.

I know, we're expecting these ghouls to keep their word, and not be hypocrites, but it's long past time that you'd expect them to honor any promises. They break them as easy as they breathe.
    I think pigs will fly before Graham goes against confirmation. Since Fox has been trying to lay the blame for the Bob Woodward book on him he'll go along with the rest of the GOP hypocrites.

Astonishing Member

The so called pro life celebrating someone's passing. Evangelicals are such hypocrites.

"He got hit on the knee with a canister of tear gas," President Trump says, of @AliVelshi
    , who was actually hit by a rubber bullet. "Wasn't it really a beautiful sight? It's called law and order."
    Twitter Link

The beginning of Trump promoting violence against Journalists during this year's election. Not that he hasn't done it before.

A tidbit for WBE's Collection from a MO Republican

Screenshot_2020-09-19 Josh Hawley on Twitter.jpg

Twitter Link

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why atheism is on the rise.
    Assassinate Putin!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why atheism is on the rise.
    When the people holding the guns aren't atheist it doesn't matter how many people are.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

Essentially, they must act consistently with what they believe will win them the next election. If voting for a Trump nominee will preserve their election advantage, they'll do it. If it will motivate the opposition in numbers that will threaten them, they won't. In general, I imagine senior senators who've been there a long time would be the ones with less incentive to rile their opposition while newer Senators likely would tow the party line figuring that they can afford to lose their seats and have more benefits from loyalty to the party in the long term. I don't think politics has ever rewarded integrity.