Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I was responding to an impression that the GOP was trying to treat Boebert, Greene and Cawthorne as their own version of the Squad.

I was wondering if there was any evidence on the level of Rolling Stone doing a cover story with Pelosi, and half of the squad. In 2018, female Democrats flipped two Senate seats and 17 house seats, so it is telling that Rolling Stone focused on House members in safe districts, rather than the ones who could compete in Republican leaning districts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/07/u...elections.html

I certainly would not want Fox News or the Federalist to do fawning profiles of extremist Republicans. But I'm curious which Republicans are identifying Cawthorne, Boebert and Greene as their equivalent of the squad.
    Are they extremists though? I mean, as of right now, they have a 100% voting record with the House Minority Leader. And their extreme wing deny children died in school shootings. Democrats’ extreme wing wants to expand health care and take aggressive action on climate change.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    I've got a very bad feeling that as GOP Senators conveniently develop amnesia concerning the events of two weeks ago, they're going to solidify behind Trump in this trial and fail to convict him or bar him from running again. They're stuck in a damned if they do, damned if they don't scenario and ultimately they'll keep propping Trump up because while they just might win in 2024 with him, they almost certainly can't win the next presidential election if the GOP base is warring with itself.
    And, in my opinion, that’s because Republicans need Trump’s base if they’re going to get anything in the way of traction for 2022 and 24. Without that support, the GOP will continue losing and run the risk of becoming seriously irrelevant as a political party. Meanwhile, if SDNY gets Trump in a courtroom and convicts him for the crimes he’s been accused of, any chance he has of running for president again in ‘24 goes right down the sewer.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I certainly would not want Fox News or the Federalist to do fawning profiles of extremist Republicans. But I'm curious which Republicans are identifying Cawthorne, Boebert and Greene as their equivalent of the squad.
    Well, you could go look it up. Because the answer is "themselves" and "the RNCC".

But more importantly, Mets... are you now going to sink so low as to defend conspiracy theorists/seditionists from your party?

You pick the dumbest battles.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 01-22-2021 at 07:29 AM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    This board is a realm of relative sanity. FB is a kaleidoscope of idiocy more than ever. Biden's going to sell us out to China. Biden's giving away jobs already by getting us back into the Paris Accords (in other words, thinking long term gain instead of short term gain and moving us away from industries that have a time limit on their existence to begin with toward industries that have a future).

I haven't verified it yet but, supposedly, Ted Nugent sent a letter to Biden today, addressing him as Vice-President, and invoking at least two whack job conspiracies in what I read of it, one being the idea that the Democrats made up the whole Russian report. You know, the leaks every intelligence agency we have verifies and says were designed to help Trump win in 20126.

Reminds me of someone who said the Internet is a realm of endless information and a global society to which someone else said that it does have the potential to be that but that potential will never be fulfilled as long as it's used in reality for misinformation by a bunch of prehistoric whack jobs with a totality tribal mentality.
    According to twitter, Biden is not even in the White House, they are staging that, the inauguration was also pre-recorded.

Their evidence?

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Boisterously Confused

Facebook is having an external advisory board review Trump's ban.
    “We believe our decision was necessary and right,” said Nick Clegg, Facebook’s communications and policy chief, in a blog post Thursday, a day after the swearing-in of President Joe Biden. “Given its significance, we think it is important for the board to review it and reach an independent judgment on whether it should be upheld.”
    I got a bad feeling The Zuck wants the FB engagement numbers that Trump's ranting creates, and is taking show-steps to justify letting him back in whilst pleading "not my fault."

EDIT: Never mind.
    Last edited by Joker; 01-22-2021 at 07:38 AM.

Astonishing Member

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Brit. Imperial Nostalgia is a strange yardstick to measure presidents.

Didn't the guys who make the Grand Theft Auto games say they were afraid to make fun of Trump for some reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    And yet, the specific example of not having a Bond film released during the Reign of Error is somehow fitting.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Astonishing Member

Looking over the guy’s twitter feed, he seems to be a more moderate UK conservative who’s a George Bush fan.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

It was on this day in both 2015, as well as 2016, that “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” profiled Steve Martin, a former member of the Virginia legislature from 1988, serving five years in the General Assembly before moving to the Virginia State Senate from 1993 through 2016. The more famous silver-haired Steve Martin took to social media to ask that no one ever mixed him up with the Republican politician in February 2014 after the latter took to social media to argue against abortion, and in his anti-choice rant, he referred to pregnant mothers as "hosts". That's not all from Virginia's Martin, who was so in favor of torture said that it was justified no matter how many body parts the interrogated party loses, and that "Christ himself would have advocated for torture". Martin (again, the Republican one) believes that Constitutional rights don't apply to practitioners of Islam, because their religion "requires them to kill others to get into Heaven". Yes, somehow, a man with disgusting opinions like that can serve over a quarter century in politics. He was defeated in the GOP Primary for his Virginia State Senate seat in 2015, and has yet to reemerge in another run for office, if he ever will.

On this date in 2017, 2018, as well as 2019, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" published profiles of Josh Moore, a member of the New Hampshire House of Representatives who finished eighth in the general election for his seat, and voters were right that he should barely qualify for office, if at all. You see, there was debate over a public nudity bill sponsored by Josh Moore in the New Hampshire House of Representatives back in December of 2015, HB 1525, which was oddly specific about women’s nipples being an offending thing (but not men’s) and State Rep. Amanda Bouldin was one of the Democrats opposed to the bill because she thought it might potentially make public breastfeeding a crime, and she posted her frustration over it on Facebook. While all any of her fellow legislators had to do was point out that the bill actually did have a written exemption in it for breastfeeding mothers… Josh Moore decided to argue with her by taking a slightly different, and really stupid angle, writing “Who doesn’t support a mother’s right to feed? Don’t give me the liberal talking points Amanda. If it’s a woman’s natural inclination to pull her nipple out in public and you support that. Than you should have no problem with a mans inclantion [sic] to stare at it and grab it. After all... It’s ALL relative and natural, right?” So it seems Josh Moore feels that at the first sign of areola, he’s been given a free pass to grope anyone he likes. Which isn’t true, incidentally, and would actually be a form of sexual assault. Moore then closed his discussion with Amanda Bouldin by telling her, “I’ll see you on the House floor. I obviously have more respect for women and her innocence and decency than women who are support public nudity.” Yeah, that’s pretty much a response of, “I’m not a disrespectful sexist, you are for believing your nips aren’t filthy and need to be covered up.” Two off-kilter comments aren’t enough to consider someone touched in the head here at CSGOPOTD, but when we look at his voting record, we also take note of how much of an extremist he’s been while in office, what with a vote to repeal the buffer zone for protesters around abortion clinics. Y’know, so they can actually BLOCK THE DOOR. Moore also voted for SB 116, one of the many bills he’s supported to attempt to do away with the requirement of needing a license required to be able to have a concealed carry handgun, and voted against HB 1661, an attempt to ban the practice of gay conversion therapy upon minors. With the Blue Wave on the horizon in 2018, Josh Moore opted to not run for re-election.

On this date in 2020, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” profiled Jeffrey Pierce, a former member of the Maine House of Representatives from District 53 who served in office from 2015-2018. After failing to be elected in 2012, Pierce won in 2014 by about 280 votes, and proceeded to head to the capitol to prove himself dedicated loyalist of highly insane GOP Gov. Paul LePage, as evidenced by his voting record. Where things got interesting was just prior to the 2018 elections, when Maine Democrats made it a point to note that four GOP candidates for office in the election were in possession of criminal records. And one of them was sitting state legislator Jeffrey Pierce, who was arrested for trying to sell cocaine back in 1981, earning probation and in 1983, had a felony drug trafficking conviction. Even more interesting was that somehow, Pierce owned a firearm and had a hunting license, which should have been impossible for him to own as a felon. While Pierce trying claiming that was just when he was a “stupid kid”, he apparently didn’t get much smarter, and also had DUI arrests from 2004-2006. But still, for a time, Pierce was indicted for having that hunting license fraudulently until charges were dropped. With the momentum of the Blue Wave in 2018, Jeffrey Pierce lost to Democrat Allison Hepler, garnering just 48% of the vote. He attempted to avenge that loss in 2020, but again lost with only 48% of the vote. The one thing that he had going for him? He was pardoned of all crimes on his record by Paul LePage as he bitterly left office in January of 2019, against the recommendations of the state’s clemency board. As he is now out of office, we’ll set aside his profile and take a look at another wacky Republican today instead. (Current crazy/stupid scoreboard, is now 955-45, since this was established in July 2014.

Patrice Kimbler

Welcome to what is the 955th profile here at “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day”, where we’ll be discussing Patrice Kimbler, a failed 2020 candidate for U.S. House of Representatives in California’s 36th Congressional District, who wanted to challenge Rep. Raul Ruiz but was probably undone by the fact that she’s a kook who believes in the Qanon conspiracy theory while running for Congress.

We are proud to say we have reported her Twitter account to the site’s moderators (and so should you, if you’d like to take a minute to), not just because she has posted the Qanon hashtag and motto, but because as we approached the insurrection in the capitol on 1/6 and the inauguration of Joe Biden, she was warning about the “demonic forces of the Deep State raving about “Obamagate” (with no concept of what it was) accusing Hillary Clinton of “suiciding” people (likely a reference to the Vince Foster conspiracy) and outright accused the incoming president of molesting children, per the conspiracy theory. Feel free to further scan her Twitter feed for other conspiracy theory nonsense and slander of the BlackLivesMatter movement supposedly invading churches, if you want to go down the rabbit hole of this kook.

Patrice Kimbler finished fourth in the open primary for the seat, getting just 7.6% of the vote. She is likely in the midst of a psychotic breakdown, given that a coup attempt by Donald Trump and his conspiracy theory-obsessed ilk just failed and Joe Biden is now president.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Didn't the guys who make the Grand Theft Auto games say they were afraid to make fun of Trump for some reason?
    Yeah they did.
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/esports/...ump-presidency

The GTA guys are at core a bunch of wishy-washy centrist neoliberals (what with their underpaying of voice-actors and their crunch culture) and always have been, as that interview by Houser reveals since he attacks both the intense liberal and intense conservativism as if they were the same. GTA as a franchise likes to attack everyone equally and not take a side and so on...similar to South Park and that mentality had a popular consensus in the '90s but now it's not part of consensus. Videogames like to traffick in both-sidesism but that went out of fashion in the 2010s. The video game Bioshock Infinite was a good example, they had a ridiculous instance of equating a slave woman with a white supremacist dictator and that was so widely criticized they had to release an apology DLC retconning it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Looking over the guy’s twitter feed, he seems to be a more moderate UK conservative who’s a George Bush fan.
    Fits. Though of course the biggest W. fans in the 2000s was the Labour party.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    And yet, the specific example of not having a Bond film released during the Reign of Error is somehow fitting.
    I wouldn't put much into it. MCU movies did pretty well in the same period and if not for Covid-19, "No Time to Die" (and talk about a title with more bravado than the occassion calls for) would have released early 2020.

I will say that it's ridiculous to do James Bond movies after Brexit in a time when Putin's agents have open season to poison as many dissidents on UK soil and get away with it (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poison..._Yulia_Skripal).

Bond movies were always fantasies about how UK is important and grand and a major part of the world after the Suez Crisis demoted them to sidekick for USA.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Well, you could go look it up. Because the answer is "themselves" and "the RNCC".

But more importantly, Mets... are you now going to sink so low as to defend conspiracy theorists/seditionists from your party?

You pick the dumbest battles.
    In the post you responded to, I referred to them as extremists. Earlier on, I gave a link about one of Greene's most disgusting views (that the Parkland shooting was staged.)

How am I defending them? Talk about dumb battles.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    Are they extremists though? I mean, as of right now, they have a 100% voting record with the House Minority Leader. And their extreme wing deny children died in school shootings. Democrats’ extreme wing wants to expand health care and take aggressive action on climate change.
    I haven't seen the info about their voting records, but that's not the best measure of extreme views.

First, the congressional term started three weeks ago, so there haven't been that many votes. Greene has sponsored or cosponsored seven pieces of legislation, all of which are in the committee stage.

https://www.congress.gov/member/marj...wType=expanded

McCarthy might support some of these. Authorizing the use of the rotunda of the Capitol to honor the last surviving Medal of Honor recipient of the Second World War upon death does not seem all that controversial. This doesn't mean she'll get institutional support for her proposed impeachment of Biden.

Looking at voting records also only considers legislation that leadership allows to come to a vote. There's probably not going to be votes about whether Nancy Pelosi encouraged school shootings, Muslims belong in government, or Congress believes that a plane crashed into the Pentagon on 9/11.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Yeah they did.
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/esports/...ump-presidency

The GTA guys are at core a bunch of wishy-washy centrist neoliberals (what with their underpaying of voice-actors and their crunch culture) and always have been, as that interview by Houser reveals since he attacks both the intense liberal and intense conservativism as if they were the same. GTA as a franchise likes to attack everyone equally and not take a side and so on...similar to South Park and that mentality had a popular consensus in the '90s but now it's not part of consensus. Videogames like to traffick in both-sidesism but that went out of fashion in the 2010s. The video game Bioshock Infinite was a good example, they had a ridiculous instance of equating a slave woman with a white supremacist dictator and that was so widely criticized they had to release an apology DLC retconning it.

Fits. Though of course the biggest W. fans in the 2000s was the Labour party.

I wouldn't put much into it. MCU movies did pretty well in the same period and if not for Covid-19, "No Time to Die" (and talk about a title with more bravado than the occassion calls for) would have released early 2020.

I will say that it's ridiculous to do James Bond movies after Brexit in a time when Putin's agents have open season to poison as many dissidents on UK soil and get away with it (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poison..._Yulia_Skripal).

Bond movies were always fantasies about how UK is important and grand and a major part of the world after the Suez Crisis demoted them to sidekick for USA.
    Plots to murder Russian dissidents and stories about MI5 dealing with the UK being a smaller part of the world seem to be worth exploring with the next James Bond.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets