Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The motivation in 2016 was the GOP was stealing the Court and this is exactly what would happen. But that wasn't enough motivation?
    Nah, the motivation was to get trump out. It's too bad there's no data to see how many people voted for Biden vs how many people voted against trump.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Just nominate the most charismatic, historic candidate in a generation. And do it right after the GOP got us into an illegal war and wrecked the economy, that's all.

But don't expect voters to vote for the candidate whose policies are what the want, they have to be rock stars too.
    Trump poisoned the waters, perhaps irrevocably, turning the presidency into a sideshow by acting like a knuckledragging carnival barker instead of a sedate, intelligible statesman. Now that we have someone in the Oval Office who doesn’t play the fool, doesn’t rant and rave on Twitter or holds monthly grievance rallies, the electorate is bored, and that’s both sad and pathetic.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Alright but dems have lost some voters and Biden's approval ratings are worse than trump's. Not everyone sees the GOP as being evil. What's wrong with trying to win them back instead of saying "you should have voted dem if you wanted gay marriage to remain legal".
    I said they need to be out there.

But I will say this to any person that does not vote. If you dont vote then you have no NO right to say anything about the bad things going on in this country,

if a person wants to vote GOP I hate it. But at leas they are voting for some one that they think will do what they feel is best. Even if I dont agree.

But again if a person does not vote. They have no right to say a damn word. "Oh isnt it so terrible that Roe V Wade got over turned? I didnt vote and may not next but damn I wish there was something that could have been done to prevent this."

A person does not vote for Biden or who ever because they are boing or didnt do enough to earn their vote fine. If they voted 3rd party fine at least they voted. if they didnt vote for anyone? Then they said I have the chance to try and stop this but did nothing." And their view is held in a Hell of a lot less esteem then a person who voted.
    Last edited by babyblob; 06-27-2022 at 02:03 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

There's no time to put on a parachute and jump out of a falling plane but there's plenty of time to motivate a person to wear their parachute before getting on a plane.
    Where is my emoji for incredulous disbelief?

But this definitely answers some questions I had.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Ill be honest I have blame in what is going on and it is sickening to me. I voted for in 2016. I was part of that cult. I grew up in a GOP family and watched Fox news and Tucker was the man who is going to open the eyes of America. Clinton was the big evil. The Emails, Bengazi, fake news blah blah...

I woke up. You can look at my post history and see a difference in how I posted when I joined in 2018 and how I posted a couple years into Trump. and how I am posting now.

I woke up. Sadly too late. But because of dumb things that dont matter many others are not going to wake up until it is too late.

I am not saying the Dems are perfect. I have bitched at Biden and I was bitching about the Dems just a couple days ago on a story that was false. But I will be damned if I ever vote GOP again. because I know if I do this country is more screwed then it is already.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    What does that say about Rudy’s security that the guy got that close in the first place? But, yeah, there’s no condoning what the guy did.
    Honestly, I'm surprised Rudy's drunk ass didn't hire a crossing guard because the vests looked close enough to a security guy.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Ill be honest I have blame in what is going on and it is sickening to me. I voted for in 2016. I was part of that cult. I grew up in a GOP family and watched Fox news and Tucker was the man who is going to open the eyes of America. Clinton was the big evil. The Emails, Bengazi, fake news blah blah...

I woke up. You can look at my post history and see a difference in how I posted when I joined in 2018 and how I posted a couple years into Trump. and how I am posting now.

I woke up. Sadly too late. But because of dumb things that dont matter many others are not going to wake up until it is too late.

I am not saying the Dems are perfect. I have bitched at Biden and I was bitching about the Dems just a couple days ago on a story that was false. But I will be damned if I ever vote GOP again. because I know if I do this country is more screwed then it is already.
    I just was visiting my dad at his retirement community (about twice a week), he's an old Kennedy Democrat from Massachusetts, one of the only people on the left in his independent living facility... anyway, he always wants to talk politics, and watches more MSNBC than I'd think one person could manage with ESPN being the other half.

Anyway, I'm there, and they have former RNC Chair Michael Steele on. They asked him if he thought the GOP would ban abortion at the federal level if they retook the House and his answer only was delayed by him laughing as if there was any question before going, "YES." He went on to say that the GOP have actively moved to take control of the Judicial branch because they know it's their only way to maintain power as a minority political party. He explained that the difference between the two parties is when Democrats are in control, the GOP whine and complain about traditions and norms, feign outrage over real and imagined ones being violated by a supposed "out of control left". and use every back-handed procedural trick they can think of to stop any progress being made on anything.

And then when they have any ability to, they will break every f***ing one of those traditions, and act like it's just normal business.

The former chairman of the GOP.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

There's no time to put on a parachute and jump out of a falling plane but there's plenty of time to motivate a person to wear their parachute before getting on a plane.
    The point is that someone shouldn’t require motivation to do something that is in their best interest.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Honestly, I'm surprised Rudy's drunk ass didn't hire a crossing guard because the vests looked close enough to a security guy.

I just was visiting my dad at his retirement community (about twice a week), he's an old Kennedy Democrat from Massachusetts, one of the only people on the left in his independent living facility... anyway, he always wants to talk politics, and watches more MSNBC than I'd think one person could manage with ESPN being the other half.

Anyway, I'm there, and they have former RNC Chair Michael Steele on. They asked him if he thought the GOP would ban abortion at the federal level if they retook the House and his answer only was delayed by him laughing as if there was any question before going, "YES." He went on to say that the GOP have actively moved to take control of the Judicial branch because they know it's their only way to maintain power as a minority political party. He explained that the difference between the two parties is when Democrats are in control, the GOP whine and complain about traditions and norms, feign outrage over real and imagined ones being violated by a supposed "out of control left". and use every back-handed procedural trick they can think of to stop any progress being made on anything.

And then when they have any ability to, they will break every f***ing one of those traditions, and act like it's just normal business.

There are some great points in that post.

It is 100 percent true that is how the GOP operate. Scare tactics and fear mongering that appeals to straight white Christian males and racists. They sit down and say "Here is what we want. How the Hell can we convice the dumbass cult to go with us?" Top 3 answers right now are "Gays are grooming our kids, They are taking our Guns, and CRT CRT!!!"

I bring up my own past as A GOP and Trumper (Well kind of Trumper was never 100 percent on him and he is what drove me from the party.) because to be honest people need to stop blaming the Candidates, they need to stop using "Well my family is GOP so here I am." They need to stop blaming fake news. They need to come out and take reasonability vote for a candidate even if there are a couple things about him that dont appeal to you because you know just how bad it will get with the other person.

Some times the lesser of two evils is all we have on the ballot any more. And lets be honest when ever you see an R next to the name on the ballot you know they damn sure are the greater of two evils.
    Last edited by babyblob; 06-27-2022 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

The GOPs entire political philosophy is "owning the libs." It's a political party in the spirit of 4chan.

Alright but dems have lost some voters and Biden's approval ratings are worse than trump's. Not everyone sees the GOP as being evil. What's wrong with trying to win them back instead of saying "you should have voted dem if you wanted gay marriage to remain legal".
    They're incorrect. I've spent years with people telling me the GOP isn't going to do the thing they say they're going to do up on stage in front of cheering crowds. The GOP is evil and going to kill us all. But that's not the point. I seriously want to know what you want, what we can do to motivate people to keep the GOP out of power. Cause it's life or death to a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    They're incorrect. I've spent years with people telling me the GOP isn't going to do the thing they say they're going to do up on stage in front of cheering crowds. The GOP is evil and going to kill us all. But that's not the point. I seriously want to know what you want, what we can do to motivate people to keep the GOP out of power. Cause it's life or death to a lot of people.
    The GOP is evil but there are people who don't see them as such. (Or they're finally getting what they wanted which is to spread the GOP's misery and pain.)

Just pointing out the GOP is evil isn't enough. It should be, but it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The GOPs entire political philosophy is "owning the libs." It's a political party in the spirit of 4chan.
    Obama used to point out that others having their rights enhanced also, by extension, enhances YOUR rights, and he's right about it, go figure, Constitutional scholar breaking it down real simple for folks who were indifferent to things like LGBTQ protections while being straight, or men not caring about women with equal pay, etc.

But hey, Obama said it, so the right are like, "GET F***ED WITH THAT, YOU SECRET MUSLIM BASTARD!", and have continued on a quest to block others from having rights, and stripping existing ones away now to their own detriment.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    The point is that someone shouldn’t require motivation to do something that is in their best interest.
    No they shouldn't but we need to look at the world the way it is not the way it should be.

I don't know what they can do but right now Americans are favoring the GOP over the dems and the dems need to figure out how to change that.

No they shouldn't but we need to look at the world the way it is not the way it should be.

I don't know what they can do but right now Americans are favoring the GOP over the dems and the dems need to figure out how to change that.
    Did you vote for Hillary and Biden? If so, why do you think other Americans can't clearly see what is going on and use the brains they were born with to figure it out. Do we have to tell them there will be cookies and ice cream if they vote for Democrats?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Well, they probably should stop trying to undermine progressive candidates. They've spent just as much times attacking their left as they have their right. If you want things to change we need better candidates, and we need to vote for them in the primaries. Especially black voters, how did we let Eric Adams become mayor of NYC, and that's not getting into the **** show that was/is Baltimore.